Author Topic: Rufus Chambers's Metropolice Force Application  (Read 1507 times)

Offline NDsmore

• View Profile
    • Awards
Rufus Chambers's Metropolice Force Application
« on: March 23, 2014, 03:49:41 PM »
Rufus Chambers's Metropolice Force Application

OOC Name: NDsmore

IC Character Name: Rufus Chambers

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Metropolice Force and what lead your character to do so.
My character Rufus Chambers, is interested in joining the MPF due to the fact that he is a natural born "Tinkerer". Work outside of the MPF is extremely limited to Rufus, as he cannot ever pursue his passion of building, creating and mending. Rufus has seen several advertisements of the MPF and the high tech equipment that is use by every member, so he has had an urge to sign up for the MPF, as he believes it would satisfy both parties needs.

Rufus was also, unfortunately, never popular among his peers for being just that little bit different. His peers shunned his creative side. No-body ever wanted his help when it came to technical things such as basic and minor repairs, for fear of being abused by the MPF or loyalists for making "Unauthorized" repairs, but even though Rufus was turned away by his peers, they always managed to shift the blame back to poor Rufus whenever a detainment came around.

This caused Rufus to become angry at his fellow citizens, he hated them for his rejection, and so out of his own selfish desire, he found a way to show that he could pursue his passion, and forget all about the citizens who hated him in a better life with the MPF. All of these reasons combined are why Rufas Chambers wants to join the Metro Police Force, and he will pursue whatever path necessary to get to that goal.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Honestly, this character is supposed to symbolize the pure arrogance of humanity. Rufas is loud, arrogant, and proud, however, he will work his spine out to get a job done, he will help his friends who are in need, a lack of sense of danger (Could be just pure stupidity, which seems to be a paradox, considering his crafting ability), and a lack of moral compass (To me this would be important for a Metro-cop)

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Metropolice Force to be like for you and your character.
I'm expecting this to be an enjoyable RP experience like it has been with my past two metro-cop characters. I expect that now that school is finished I will have a lot more time to not only dedicate into MPF-RP but also into CG's RP in general. It has been a while, but I believe it will be just as fun for me as well as others, as it once was previously.

I'm also expecting to gain some insight into the new playerbase that has come during my absence, and I'm excited to get acquainted with each person. For my character, I expect that if Rufus is accepted, that it will continue to feed his ego, until such an event comes where his personality changes, or he dies being a selfish, arrogant person.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
From a young age, all Rufus wanted to do was to invent, build an tinker. during his school days he was renowned for making motor builds for pushbikes (That unfortunately resulted in several explusions, due to children not being able to take the torque of the motor, and subsequently losing several teeth), after this, Rufus worked on any and every contraption he could, in which some nearly caused his death, like the time he modified his fathers chainsaw to run on high octane petrol. But he never cared, he thought it was fun!

During high school, Rufus majored in all things mechanical, and won an award for the most original and properly constructed new invention in the state. Unfortunately all record of this device was lost once the invasion came. However, Rufus may still be able to re-build this device from scratch if he were given the right tools for the job.

After this, Rufus bummed out of school for a while and worked away from home for a long time, working on several projects to keep him occupied throughout his young years. During this time he learned a bit of boxing, but quit once his propane glove launcher wasn't a legal mitt to be used in the ring. Rufus then found several minimum wage jobs so he could continue to fund his hobby and build more contraptions.

Rufus' hobbies ceased after the Combine attacked, and during all of his movements, Rufus was always deemed as an outcast, and unapproachable person due to his cheery and "Anti-civil" personallity... The ironic thing is, that this was decided by his peers! The only time he was ever formally warned by a member of the MPF when he was caught humming a terrible tune.

Now after much thought, Rufas has decided that the ticket to a better and once more exciting life, was through the Metro Police Force...

5) Have you ever had a MPF character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
Yes, it was removed due to my inactivity (School came before play)

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Over 6 years now

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
About the same amount of time as above

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Since April 18th, 2011

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT +10 (or 11 with daylight savings... Whatever)

5. In what country do you live?
Australia

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
Probably the RECON rp during my SSTRP days.... that was a load of fun!
It mainly involved going ahead and setting up targets for the main guys to kill, but it was still good! I learned how to run a lot of things from those sessions.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Rufus Chambers
CID: 58441
Height: 6 Foot
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 154
Mental Distinctions: Seems to have no fear of injury
Mental Defects: Exteremly arrogant
Mental Advantages: Will follow blindly if given what is desired
Notable Qualities: Excetional at repairs and building.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No! Never! Well, there was one time where I got questioned because my neighbor kept screaming "Rufus! Rufus! I know you stole my screwdriver! Give it back you little TWAT!", but it turns out he just left it under the toilet in his apartment... Yeah, I never saw Frank again after they detained him for screaming like he did, but guess who has that screwdriver now?

2. Do you regularly eat Metropolice Force Issued Rations?
Of course! Everything else tastes foul!

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes! As long as I get to

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Metropolice Force Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
I do

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Absolutely!

6. Why do you want to join the Metropolice Force?
I want to join the Metro Police Force, because I feel like I could really be used here! I mean, I have a lot of skills that I believe the UU could use! I'm a skilled tinkerer and I feel like I would really belong in an organization that accepts peoples gifts, rather than having fellow citizens shun them for fear of failure!

I also want to join because I think it would be stupid of me not to apply! I'm tired of living like garbage for nothing! I want to serve the union proudly, and not be afraid to use my gifts to benefit the union, and I think the best place to do that for me, is through the MPF.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Rufus Chambers hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rufus Chambers's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 11:19:49 AM »
UNIT: 182
DIVSION: ECHO
CLEARANCE: Officer
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED