Author Topic: One of the best logistic riddles I've ever seen.  (Read 9179 times)

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
One of the best logistic riddles I've ever seen.
« on: March 21, 2014, 02:31:33 PM »
A long time ago I saw this riddle, and it was really mind blowing how difficult it was to solve, but how logic and easy it seems once you know the answer.
So I'll give you guys this riddle. And see if you can solve it.

Please don't be a cheap ass cheater by googling it. Although I can't stop you from doing so, it ruins the fun for yourself wouldn't it? ;)

Well then, the riddle is as follows:
Below are a few lines of random numbers. Or well, random? They aren't random at all! In fact, each row of numbers is written with a certain rule applied to the previous row of numbers.
Now, your challenge is simple:
- Figure out what this certain rule is, that is applied on each row of numbers.
- Use this rule to fill in the final row of numbers.

Good luck! Here are the number rows:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? (Fill in next row here.)
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: One of the best logistic riddles I've ever seen.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 02:42:02 PM »

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 08:51:31 AM »
Not sure if serious or not. But no.... ;-;
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 10:56:18 AM »
Not sure if serious or not. But no.... ;-;

i just realised i thought this was in spam then saw forum games at the bottom and facepalmed, i'm an idiot lol

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 11:04:10 AM »

I think I have an idea of the logic behind it, not sure though.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 11:20:34 AM »

Well, the row of numbers is correct. But why do you "think" you have an idea when what you used was correct? Unless you cheated to find the next row. ;)
Anyway, what according to you is the magic rule behind it eh? :)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 11:23:13 AM »

Well, the row of numbers is correct. But why do you "think" you have an idea when what you used was correct? Unless you cheated to find the next row. ;)
Anyway, what according to you is the magic rule behind it eh? :)
The current row states the amount of numbers in the previous row. Let me demonstrate by example:

The '11' says there is one 1 in the previous row. The next row would be 21 because there are two 1's in the previous row.

I got 24132231 because the previous row was 14231241. Two 4's, one 3, two 2's, and three 1's.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 01:32:03 PM »
Yup, you got it. :P Each line literally describes the previous line. As in how many of each number, starting with the highest. So X4X3X2X1 (X being how many of them are in the previous line.)

I got this puzzle from being extremely bored in the past and watching this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCF6X-KbvGY&t=7m12s

Offline Sambolinski

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 04:23:38 PM »
That's pretty clever, now that I know how it works it does seem pretty easy not to see the pattern.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 02:07:36 PM »
Derp. Answer was already posted. (Came up with it all by myself without reading the rest of the thread.)
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal