Author Topic: Drew Cotton's Metropolice Force Application  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Kiwi69

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Drew Cotton's Metropolice Force Application
« on: March 19, 2014, 01:11:42 AM »
Drew Cotton's Metropolice Force Application

OOC Name: Kiwi

IC Character Name: Drew Cotton

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Metropolice Force and what lead your character to do so.
   Drew in spite of his abilities and aspirations, were essentially put on hold due to the invasion and seven-hour war. He was never able to achieve the goals he had set for himself and hopes to feel the sense of accomplishment that he was striving for by joining the Combine Civil Authority.

He wishes to join for the same reasons he wanted to join the military. A sense of purpose, he needs to feel needed. Drew has a strong desire to help others and doesn't wish to do so by repeating the same mundane tasks day after day.

In the wake of the Seven-Hour War, he found distress and worry in the streets of City18 as well as other cities which he has resided in. It was very hard for Drew to bear witness to this. He felt as if his life lacked purpose. Almost as if he was just waiting to die. He soon realized that by joining the Combine Civil Authority would, in a sense, relieve him of these stresses. When he completed the application he felt almost a sense of euphoria, knowing somewhere deep down that he is doing the right thing.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Diligent - When Drew has a goal that he wishes to accomplish he is determined, motivated and will stop at nothing achieve it.

Intelligent - Drew Had been attending college hoping to receive a bachelors degree. He had planned on joining a ROTC (Reserve Officer Training Corps) Program but the invasions and subsequent wars hit and he didn't have a chance.

Dependable - If you give Drew a Task you can count on him to get it done and get it done right. He has a strong sense of Integrity, some would claim he is a perfectionist.

Apprehensive - He is very observant of his surroundings. He is quick to react when the time arises.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
For me:
   I expect it to be a very divergent interpretation from my last experience here at Catalyst Gaming. It seems more well managed than the last time i enjoyed role-playing here. I expect the immersion into the role-playing to be very different, I also expect it to be a far greater and enjoyable challenge.

For Drew:
   Drew expects the Combine Civil Authority to parallel his expectations for the military. A strict regime complemented with intensive training, accompanied with an irresistible brotherhood and sense of loyalty between the units.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
   Drew Cotton, born March 2, 1991, was son to Michael Cotton. Michael Cotton was a General in the United States Marine Core. Drew had been  raised under a strict regime of exercise and becoming competent in his study's. Stranger to pleasure he received his enjoyment in making his father proud of him. If he wasn't the best at something he did everything possible to recondition his abilities so that he was the best. He graduated High School valedictorian and was off to college as soon as possible.

He was days from receiving his bachelors degree and had already set up an appointment for enrollment into a ROTC program when the Combine invaded and the Seven-Hour War began. He was in school when it happened. Drew found himself in city's not very different from prisons. He didn't know how to handle this. Frequently transferred from city to city, he eventually ended up in city18. Unknowingly this would be where drew would find his true purpose in life.

Drew had always dreamed of following in his fathers footsteps. He had set no other goals in his life. Drew was devastated. He went through a great bout of depression when he arrived at City 18. The fact that he doesn't know what has happened to his family destroyed him emotionally. He felt it was safe to assume that they were dead. If not physically, then spiritually, emotionally. Mere shells of there former selves living out their days waiting for the sweet embrace of death to save them from their pitiful lives. Meditating on the depressing predicament he was in, becoming more or less a sociopath he longed for purpose in his life. He wanted to make a difference and in some way shape or form achieve the goals he set for himself long ago. Drew realized he could do this by applying for the Metropolice Force.

5) Have you ever had a MPF character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
Yes, I may have removed it myself or it may have been removed due to inactivity. I can't quite recall why as it was years ago.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
At least 5 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
At least 5 years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
3 Years

4. What Time zone are you in?
Central Time Zone (UTC-06:00)

5. In what country do you live?
United States

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
   Being a part of the CCA on CG servers. I do not have a specific experience that i would call my favorite or "Most memorable" but merely the privilege of being on the Metro-police force as a whole is the most memorable experience i have ever had in my career playing Garys Mod.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes, i do.

IC Section

Full Name: Drew Cotton
CID: 53477
Height: 6'0
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 155
Mental Distinctions: Apprehensive, Intelligent
Mental Defects: Anxious
Mental Advantages: Intelligent, Diligent, Educated
Notable Qualities: Confident, Respectful, Observationally Adept

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
Drew has never been detained.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to join the CCA to help keep the peace, to prevent disruption within the city. I am not very happy with the amount of enforcement on crime in this city.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Drew Cotton hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:00:15 PM by Kiwi69 »
HL2RP Characters
[Healthy] Drew Cotton: Citizen living in City 18
[Healthy] C18.MPF.ECHO.919: Metropolice Force recruit awaiting proper training.

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Drew Cotton's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 12:13:46 PM »
Pending

Your backstory is short by 19 words. (It contains 281 out of 300) words. I'll give you a chance to edit it to meet the requirements, because it'd be harsh to deny you due to 19 words, and you've donated here at CG so you at least deserve to edit it

19/03/2014: Accepted for interview
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 04:26:41 PM by Krisrules »

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Drew Cotton's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 07:15:15 PM »
Accepted after interview.

((OOC:Needs whitelist.))

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal