Author Topic: Advanced Dupe for Gold and Advanced Ball Socket Tool  (Read 3064 times)

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Advanced Dupe for Gold and Advanced Ball Socket Tool
« on: March 15, 2014, 08:13:06 PM »
Basically add Advanced Dupe for only Gold members and block uploading (For the sake of christ).  And add the Advanced Ball Socket Tool so i can properly build by no-colliding my prop to the world so i can freely move it into place.

I dont assume anything else to post

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Advanced Dupe for Gold and Advanced Ball Socket Tool
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 10:07:17 AM »
Advanced duplicator should be a specific flag only trusted members should get. It's a dangerous tool.

Yes to adv ball socket

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 10:51:38 AM »
I've never found ballsocket useful, what are practical uses for it?
have a nice day :)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 11:03:36 AM »
Being able to noclip props to the world. Useful for adding walls to a room. Or fitting other props into the room.

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 11:07:39 AM »
Perhaps long time members of 2-3 years on adv dupe?

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 12:01:45 PM »
Being able to noclip props to the world. Useful for adding walls to a room. Or fitting other props into the room.
Easy weld it to the floor? it will clip into the world
have a nice day :)

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 12:42:31 PM »
should just add no collide world instead, it's actually created for no colliding unlike adv ball socket

and yes add adv dupe as a flag please

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 12:44:15 PM »
I plan to add Advanced Duplicator 2 with disabled uploads for normal users, you'll have to send your duplication to an SA to get it uploaded (after review) or build it in-game. Your save folders will also be checked periodically and you'll get banned if you're found storing bullshit that has nothing to do with HL2RP.
I have nothing against the Advanced Ball Socket STool. I thought of adding the Nocollide w/ World STool instead, but the ballsocket one has more features.

Both will require some kind of flag. No way we'd give either of those to any random HRP gold member who connected for the first time.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 01:21:25 PM »
definitely agree with a flag for adv dupe, should be quite strict on who it is given to

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Advanced Dupe for Gold and Advanced Ball Socket Tool
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 02:24:46 PM »
I plan to add Advanced Duplicator 2 with disabled uploads for normal users, you'll have to send your duplication to an SA to get it uploaded (after review) or build it in-game. Your save folders will also be checked periodically and you'll get banned if you're found storing bullshit that has nothing to do with HL2RP.
I have nothing against the Advanced Ball Socket STool. I thought of adding the Nocollide w/ World STool instead, but the ballsocket one has more features.

Both will require some kind of flag. No way we'd give either of those to any random HRP gold member who connected for the first time.
What if I have dupes I use on other servers in there? I know in my current Dupes folder I have a couple of customized TDM police cars saved with working police lights, so...
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Advanced Dupe for Gold and Advanced Ball Socket Tool
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 03:09:11 PM »

What if I have dupes I use on other servers in there? I know in my current Dupes folder I have a couple of customized TDM police cars saved with working police lights, so...

It seems I didn't think that out well.
Might be we'll be using Advanced Duplicator 1 then. I need to check up on Adv Dupe 2 again, haven't used it in ages.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 05:09:36 PM »
adv dupe 2 would be better than adv dupe 1

having stuff in there for other servers shouldnt be too much of a problem unless people start spawning them in, in which case we just issue a one time warning then remove if flag is continued to be abused

could also make it so there is a seperate flag for downloading adv dupe contraptions too, which is also not given by default but maybe given to golds (again, removed if abused and lengthy ban)

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 05:40:25 PM »
Their dupes on other servers wouldn't be usable without uploading, if we disable uploading you won't be able to use them.

Adv. Dupe 1 is old a deprecated, the developers continue to patch it so it stays working but they will tell you to use Adv. Dupe 2, it's far more efficient.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal