Author Topic: Authorization Applications Discussion thread (Comments/questions/etc here!!!)  (Read 5493 times)

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
So are we not going with the Auth tier system that was brought up a while back, or is that still being worked out?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 06:40:58 PM by Nicknero1405 »

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Authorization Applications
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 10:51:15 AM »
I'm not sure. But we need auths. People are making ex black Mesa characters. People need auths for ic experience such as surgeons. There's no time left to waste.

For the tier system though i was just thinking of throwing the flowchart on this page and players can just go through it to see if they need auths, or if they can just have whatever it is they want, but be prepared to explain it when asked by administration.

Offline Swagile

• Swagile the Fagile
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 12:07:33 PM »
i talked to pi about my magician character and he said unless i am bringing my magic into combat, i don't need auths.

is that true or do i need auths for my magic.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 12:52:22 PM »
i talked to pi about my magician character and he said unless i am bringing my magic into combat, i don't need auths.

..what

You are not allowed to be able to use "magic". It's pretty unrealistic, doesn't fit in the HL2RP universe and it is also on the list of restrictions for auths.

who is this "pi" guy because I am not sure that he understands how auths work

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 12:56:32 PM »

..what

You are not allowed to be able to use "magic". It's pretty unrealistic, doesn't fit in the HL2RP universe and it is also on the list of restrictions for auths.

who is this "pi" guy because I am not sure that he understands how auths work

I believe he is referring to "would you like some 3.1415926" or whatever his name is.  Anyhow, I agree with Statua even if he doesn't quite understand.  Swagile said "Magician" not "wizard", so I think it is safe to assume he is not going to be casting magic missiles anytime soon.  So long as it's sleight-of-hand or card tricks and the like, I have see no real need for auths unless he gets an unfair advantage with it.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 01:15:28 PM »
I believe he is referring to "would you like some 3.1415926" or whatever his name is.  Anyhow, I agree with Statua even if he doesn't quite understand.  Swagile said "Magician" not "wizard", so I think it is safe to assume he is not going to be casting magic missiles anytime soon.  So long as it's sleight-of-hand or card tricks and the like, I have see no real need for auths unless he gets an unfair advantage with it.

possibly, but wasn't sure considering he said "magic" as a term for what his character would do. "Magician" title is fine, and so is being being skilled in sleight of hand / illusions / similar, but I'd avoid using the term "magic" for that.. Would not surprise me if someone actually tried to get auths for that kind of magic.

But, yeah, sleight of hand, tricks, illusions, etc is fine with not having an auth application as long as you don't gain an unfair advantage with it.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 01:20:49 PM »
Also, off topic yet on topic, I edited the OP to be more general:

Instead of "Special/Psychic Powers", I changed it to "Supernatural Powers" for more clarity.

I also edited "No Black Mesa employees/knowledge" to include Aperture Science.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 02:05:56 PM »
Why aren't we using the form system like the rest of the applications we have on the forums?

Offline Swagile

• Swagile the Fagile
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 02:12:41 PM »

possibly, but wasn't sure considering he said "magic" as a term for what his character would do. "Magician" title is fine, and so is being being skilled in sleight of hand / illusions / similar, but I'd avoid using the term "magic" for that.. Would not surprise me if someone actually tried to get auths for that kind of magic.

But, yeah, sleight of hand, tricks, illusions, etc is fine with not having an auth application as long as you don't gain an unfair advantage with it.

this is what i meant

dude im not dumb enough to try and rp dumbledore here wtfbbq

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 02:20:49 PM »
Back off topic, did I just call apex Statua?

I'm a horrible person, please forgive me  :'(

On topic, we seriously need an auth apps board.  I find it unfair that people trying to post their applications have to try and get it noticed over everyone else talking about something completely different.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »
This is here until someone can set up the previous system.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 04:11:28 PM »
Might as well wait until the official form system is put up.

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 06:14:25 PM »
while we get the form up, do you mind if I post my auth application here?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 06:17:46 PM »
That's why the thread was made.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Split topic into two. Keeping actual applications and discussion/questions/etc separated.

So discuss here! and ONLY post applications in the stickied one.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal