Author Topic: Authorization Applications  (Read 3725 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Authorization Applications
« on: March 14, 2014, 11:47:33 PM »
If you wish to obtain some uncommon equipment or abilities for your character, you will first need to have those authorized by a HL2RP super administrator. Simply fill out an application using the format below. The administration team will read through your application and raise concerns about it before the final decision is made.
As for now, this thread is reserved for authorization applications only. Do not use this thread to discuss the policies. A separate thread has been created for that purpose.

Your application will be denied if:
  • The backstory or the requested perks are not in accordance to the Half-Life 2 canon.
  • It contains too many typographical or grammar errors.
  • It requests a perk that is included in the restrictions list below.
  • You ask/hint us to review it any sooner than 4 days since it was posted or show general impatience during the review process.
  • Your roleplaying skills and/or community reputation are deemed insufficient to handle the requested perks.
  • You use the 'Edit' function to alter the perks or any other critical information and do not explicitly mention it in a reply to the application thread.
  • You have not contributed at least 10 constructive posts to the forum excluding the application post/thread.

You may not apply for any of the following:
  • Canon character - Alyx Vance, Eli Vance, Gordon Freeman, etc.
  • Anything related to Black Mesa and/or Aperture Science.
  • The 'V', 'G', 'n' or 'z' flag.
  • Resistance clothing.
  • Supernatural powers.
  • Synthetics (unavailable through authorization applications)
  • City scanners (unavailable through authorization applications)
  • Vortigaunts (unavailable through authorization applications)

The following may be applied for but will only be available on the Outlands server when it is brought back up:
  • Vehicles / the 'C' flag.

We reserve the right to revoke any granted perk if you are found abusing it. The application may also be revoked as a whole, based on the severity of your misbehaviour.
Keep in mind that applying for a highly specific perk (e.g. stalkers, barnacles) may require a modification of the script until it is made available to you.

Code: [Select]
[u][b]Player Section[/b][/u]

[b]Steam Name[/b]:
[b]How long have you been roleplaying? (can be any game)[/b]:
[b]How long have you been playing Garry's Mod serious roleplay?[/b]:

[u][b]Character Section[/b][/u]

[b]Authorization(s):[/b]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Affiliation:[/b]

[b]Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.[/b]

[b]What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?[/b]

[b]What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?[/b]

[b]Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))[/b]

[b]Extra Notes (optional):[/b]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:31:49 PM by Khub »

Offline Napoleon IV

• do you feel the simplicity yet
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Authorization Applications
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 12:58:38 PM »

Player Section

Steam Name: Napoleon IV
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Almost three years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Almost three years.

Character Section

Authorization(s): Past History of Surgeon at Lodz, Poland.

Name: Elijah Parison Blumstein Jr.
Affiliation: Citizen Healthcare Providers

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.

I was an accident, born on the seventeenth of March, 1968. My mother's doctor, Dr. Jimenski, said I would die at childbirth and if not, be physically retarded; much like Stephen Hawking today. But, I was born and my parents were elated. I am not a paraplegic nor a failure. My mother was wise to keep me alive, our faith saved me before I was even born.

You want to know how I became a doctor? It's a long story, starting back when I was a young man in my sophomore year of high school. Beforehand, I was too shy to make many friends and I constantly worried about my appearance. That changed when I met Alicja, who most thought was modest, she was a queen to me. Unmatched in beauty.

I'm not going to talk about Alicja right now, though. That part makes me sad. How about Mom and Dad? My mother was Marie while my father was Miroslaw, we all grew up in Lodz, Poland. I was the only child, so I was mainly spoiled. There wasn't much to be spoiled with in the Iron Curtain though, more Hanukkah presents? I had a television in my room, though. My dad was really hardy, manly, and worked as a political commissar, sometimes having to leave for entire weeks for work or briefing.

Mom was a nurse, I think she inspired me to become a physician. She was a volunteer at a nursing home, though; nothing really too important. Her name was Marie, like I said earlier. Living with a commissar made her life interesting. I would always smile when she got that expensive pair of ruby earrings that she wasn't supposed to get, or when I got to stay home while they got to have another honeymoon.

Back to me, Elijah, I was just a young Jewish boy in a foreign world. I learned about the Holocaust, then also found out my granddad on dad's side was consumed by the fires of it. Sad, but I never knew him obviously. I visited his grave a few times in adulthood, leaving behind posies; an ancient way to ward off bad spirits to those who have died of disease. He died on Typhus inside of Bergen-Belsen.

When I met Alicja, I could tell by the way we talked to eachother that we were perfect. Although she wasn't Jewish, her entire family was agnostic and could not care that I was Jewish. I loved this, her father loved me and her mother too. I was always so lucky, but I think they only loved me because my father was a commissar.

Speaking of my father being a commissar, when Miroslaw met her dad, they bonded perfectly. I was only seventeen, not a care about the world, only myself and Alicja, and here was my dad, intervening positively. Their whole family became close friends, mainly because my father was wealthy and brought beautiful gifts to their family and gave me money to woo Alicja with, too. He was always so understanding, but I wasn't.

I regret running for the United States every day of my life and if Alicja is still alive, I show she does too. It was 1991 and I was twenty three, she was twenty two. The Soviet Union was dead. I stole money from my wealthy father and she pawned all the gifts I bought her and we both ran together across the Atlantic. It costed us almost 3,000 dollars.

While I was in the United States, we lived in New Hampshire; specifically Manchester. It was a modest city at best, but it had so many comforts that reminded me and her of home. I became a volunteer paramedic at a local fire department, she became a waitress. We lived in an apartment building, with a single bedroom and a bathroom, similar to my apartment back in Lodz.

We saved up money for about four years and went to Las Vegas, not to spend until we dropped but to actually pay for my college fund so that I could become educated, get a good job and then pay for hers. In Las Vegas, it was like a honeymoon before marriage, and sure enough, we got married there. It was [ this area has been rewritten multiple times ] August 19th, 1996. Inside Las Vegas, sure enough I got plenty of money and applied for a student loan.

There were plenty of reforms in place for foreign immigrants to get an education and I was able to. There's was a wait period, but I was accepted nonetheless. By fall of 1997, I was a medical student at Southern New Hampshire University. I'm not really in the mood to explain about how I did stacks of homework and read medical journals for four years until I passed, because that's exactly what you are expecting to read.

But, by my third year, Alicja was with child, my first son it would be. I named him Marcus, he was a pale, green eyed blonde haired little boy. I always had a preference to green eyes, they were my favorite. She had to quit her job to take care of Marcus in the day, then I would in the night while she worked as a bartender at a reputable bar. We both began to excel in English, I did more because I spoke it more, but we could both read and write in it. Even today, a lot of the Polish language slips from me.

It was 2001, and I got a letter from my parents asking me to return for two years and stay with them. Alicja could come, but they didn't know about little Marcus yet. So we did, and I got a job at the same nursing home my mother worked at. They weren't happy about the boy, but my dad was impressed how well he was growing, even me too. They actually weren't too mad about how we ran off, they knew we'd be back. But, we came back for two years and left again, we were sure we wanted to stay in the US. I wish I hadn't.

Luckily, when I got home I was accepted to be a physician and passed all the tests. I got a job at Elliot Hospital in Manchester as a STAT care physician. It was boring dealing with flu, strep, broken legs, ect, all day. That boring life went on for two years, pretending to be an exciting and charismatic doctor to all of the patients that came in.

Here's where I have to start writing detailed, in November of 2005, I became a surgical orderly and assisted with anesthetics, heavy lifting and flesh retractions. I thought I could do more, Alicja knew I could do more, I had to, there was no way we would support Marcus if I didn't start raking in more money. I became a surgeon in early 2006, ranging from bone repair, bypass, transplants, emergency surgeries, mutilations, amputations, everything. I saw everything.

I worked as a surgeon for four years, we moved to a small house in the inner portions of Manchester, which was much closer to Elliot Hospital. Little Marcus had his own bedroom, then Alicja became pregnant again. We were so young.

It was 2010, still no messiah. I was promoted to Head Surgeon, or the main surgeon in the operating room. I could preform any operation by myself often, but usually I needed an assistant. There was also that lack of neurosurgeon's knowledge, so I needed a neurosurgeon when I preformed those operations. I also basically forgot or discarded most of the physician things, so Monika has to remind me about most of those basic things.

I became quiet again, trying to raise two boys, Marcus and Jeremiah, through their young childhoods. Marcus was eleven when 2015 hit. I wish he was older every day. They were consumed by the Union, and I did not see Alicja again. May.. [ this part is rewritten and erased, multiple times ].

I hate to end this so swiftly, but I don't think I can write anymore. Thank you for reading my life, viewer.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?

Elijah will be able to preform surgical, physician and nursing positions at the CH or freelance at any time.
There are no defects.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?

Continue working at the C.H. like I have been with Elijah.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))

Negative.

Seeing how Elijah is dead, I dont think I can technically support this. -Statua
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:02:54 PM by Statua »

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 07:01:41 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Elions
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 'bout 6 years now
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: ' bout 5 years now

Character Section

Authorization(s):
  • Expert of Hand to Hand combat
  • Better physique due to being well fed
  • Advanced stealth tactic knowledge and ability to conceal identity from others when required
  • Advanced/Expert knowledge of City 18, as well as ability to adapt to other cities due to their similar structure
  • Knowledge of Scavengers and smugglers in City 18 and their connections, allowing her to get in touch with them if required

Name: Laura Valerian
Affiliation: Neutral

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.

(H2H Combat expertise)

Spoiler for Hiden:
Laura always had a fascination with her father's line of work. It was the closest thing she knew to a real life secret agent. Her father worked as a special agent for Interpol, and she would always ask him about his travels and about the people he met while out "saving the world" as her child like mind would put it.

His line of work meant, however, that he and his wife were always worried about their family's safety. Always looking over their shoulders and worrying about when could someone possibly attempt something against them or their daughter. It was because of these concerns that her father decided to teach her self-defense techniques, working from simple ways to get away from holds to the best places where to hit, where to focus an attack and when to back away from someone to defend yourself or someone else

"Allright, Kiddo... First thing's first... I want you to try and hit me"

"What?" She asked back "I thought you were going to teach me how to defend myself, dad".

"I am." he answered back quickly "Just do it. Trust me"

She shrugged, moving towards her father and throwing a quick punch towards his chest, which he quickly deflected by using his fore-arm, retaliating by putting his other hand's palm against her face now, managing to stop himself before hitting her.

"Wh-Whoa, easy!" She backed away almost as soon as the palm was stopped close to her face, a little frightened at how quickly he had reacted

"Hehe... Relax. That's what i'm gonna teach you to do." he assured her as he put his hand to her shoulder "See, it's easier to react to someone's attack than to try and directly hit them yourself, kiddo." He answered calmly as he took a few steps back, noticing her fist and how she was holding it in order to hit him, sighing

He took her hand on his, and pulled her thumb out of her small fist "Never do this, Laura. You will break your thumb if you hit someone like this". She nodded, paying close attention to everything her father was telling her, a clear excitement and wonderment in her eyes as he mentioned all the basics. She had a long way before she could really defend herself, but it was clear to him that she was eager.

They took their time to work on these after her normal classes, with her paying close attention to her father's every move as he taught her. The small nuances and details of how someone's position can reveal a weakness, such as the typical brute force approach and how it leaves one open for dazing attacks, or the ways to use someone's momentum against them by pushing and pulling them into walls and the like. Little by little, she learned of the importance of where to land a hit, rather than to hit hard, and of course, how to keep a streak of hits going without losing momentum.

Eli and Laura trained together for months. She would cause her father bruises and small injuries from time to time in their training, but he didn't mind so long as she learned the best way to defend herself in the long run. He put particular emphasis in countering people's attacks rather than starting your own, making her try to hit him only to show her specifically how each of those attacks could be fought back, or rather, how it could be used as a new opening against someone.

"I'd really preffer if you didn't teach her those things, honey..." Harley spoke to her husband as they talked about their daughter, Laura. She was concerned about Laura's ability to keep such things under control and not go overboard with it

"Hey, you're the one who said I should spend more time with her... Besides, she likes it!" He smiled mischievously as he said that, knowing full well that it would only worry Harley more, yet he couldn't help himself

She crossed her arms, sighing and putting her hand to her face "I just don't want to hear about it when she breaks someone's arm... Or yours for that matter." He shrugged, relaxing against the wall as he answered back "She won't break my arm... Too small for it still. But don't worry. I'll teach her restraint"

Years later, Eli considered she knew enough to defend herself against almost anything, though they continued to train together as a father/daughter activity. Something to keep themselves occupied and that they could share that was unique. They would attack and counter one another easily, managing to stop their blows just in time if one missed the beat to not harm themselves during their training.

"6 counters before you received a direct hit... I'm impressed, Laura." He joked at the end of one of their sessions, taking a small drink of water as she answered back, relaxing and stretching out "Pah... You're just going easy on me, old man. Admit it"

He put the bottle down, shrugging "I'm not, actually... Kind of hurt that you're getting better than me, really." He smiled as he said that, he wasn't lying, but rather than being hurt he was proud.

It took a while before Laura had to actually put her skills to the test however... When she did, she was glad that it all came back to her so quickly. So fluent and easy to remember it was almost second nature.

She was walking towards her dormitory in campus, when she heard the loud noise of a metallic object hitting the ground. At first, she considered just walking away, but the sudden scream of a girl for "help" just demanded her attention. She ran towards the area where she had heard the noise, and found two people

One girl, pressed against the wall and attempting to struggle away from the clutches of a man, almost 6 foot 3 of height and clearly muscular. He was intimidating to say the least, yet something drove her to quickly move towards them.

"Hey!" She yelled out as she put her backpack on the ground "What the hell do you think you're doing?" As she came closer she noticed that the metallic noise she had heard was the man's knife falling to the ground during the struggle

The man looked over his shoulder, easily dominating the girl against the wall as he noticed Laura. He huffed "Just run away, girlie. This ain't your problem". She was ticked off by this, and couldn't help herself anymore. Any sort of restraint she had just evaporated in that moment

"You've got 10 seconds to walk away from her before I do something drastic". She wasn't thinking clearly, almost blinded by rage at this step as the guy looked back to her, amused at how this small chick was trying to defy him.

He tossed the girl aside and stood tall against Laura, grinning "You want it that badly huh? Okay... I've got enough for 2" He picked up the knife from the ground, walking towards her menacingly. It was at this point that her father's words replayed in her head

"Always wait for the first strike if you can. Dodge it and counter it quick". The man took the knife in his right hand and attempted to quickly stab at Laura's chest, an action which she responded to by quickly dodging towards her right and forward, putting her hands over the man's left shoulder and bringing him down onto her knee, hitting him square in the crotch with it.

It was enough to bring him down to his knees as she moved away, giving herself space between one another and to prepare for any other attack he might attempt. By this point the girl had scurried away and was calling the police, so it was only a matter of staying in one piece by now.

The man got up, fueled by rage as he now attempted to strike at Laura with the knife several times, using all of his energy to swing the knife wildly at her. She kept herself mobile, dodging the attacks by moving towards her left or right, strafing and keeping a safe distance, delivering small but precise blows towards his weakest bodyparts whenever she could, weakening him little by little. At one point she was stuck against the wall. The man grinned as he tried to stab directly towards her face, only for her to counter by moving towards the left and using her hands to grab at the man's arm and direct the attack towards the nearby window.

The glass shattered all over his hand, stabbing him deeply and forcing him to drop the knife in pain. He tried backing away, but Laura saw this as the only chance she had to stop him before he tried to run away.

As the man tried to recover himself she used both palms to strike at his inner ears, making him disoriented enough that he wasn't able to walk straight, the pain of all the previous injuries was finaly hitting him after the surge of adrenaline, forcing him to kneel down on the ground to try and recover. As he tried to look up towards Laura and get a good point on her location, she threw a swift and precise kick towards his jaw, effectively breaking it and knocking him out unconcious on the floor.

She kept a combat stance for a few seconds, expecting him to get up or even for someone else to come and try to help him as her father had taught to maintain her awareness at all times. Yet the only sound she heard was a loud "Freeze!" from behind. It was the police, and they had seen most of the action.

She slowly turned around, finally realising that help had arrived, yet it took her a few seconds to relax and finally place her hands up to show she was no threat to anyone. The girl testified about how Laura had come to her aid, and the police had recorded a large part of the entire incident so it was clear that there was murderous intent on the part of the attacker. She was cleared of charges soon afterwards.

It was at this point that Laura had realised how gratefull she should really be to her father for teaching her... and how terrified she was of how much she had learned from him.

(Part about her better/maintained physique and stealth/smuggler knowledge)

Spoiler for Hiden:
Laura had grown tired of the "sludge" that the CCA called food, much less of Breen water, which she was more than suspicious of from the very beginning of things. Unfortunately for her, there were not many options available for her. Unlike many other people, she had no connection the outlands, and with no real intention of working as a smuggler either due to the sheer ammount of wrong-doings they were also tied into, it was hard for her to get any sort of food.

She had heard over at the clinic of a man who had been found with some stabbing injuries. He had been found with some contraband as well, and was slated to be taken into custody as soon as he had recovered. It was the only lead she had, but wherever that man had been found there was the possibility of finding something better to eat and drink than the "official" food of the CCA.

She took what she had heard and exited the hospital with a clear determination. She wasn't going back home untill she had found these guys and gotten something out of it. It took her about an hour before she found the supposed "scene of the crime", a crude bloodstain against the city's dirty brick walls. She looked around the area carefully, making sure to stay inconspicous as she tried to find any indications of smugglers or the like.

"H-Hey come on. We ain' got time for this, bro" A man tried to whisper to someone else in an alleyway, barely able to overhear it, she slipped into the alleway herself and took advantage of her small size and the apparent darkness of the area, hiding in an open grate nearby to overhear the situation calmly.

"It's just one bottle, Noa. They ain't gonna fucking notice." An asian man spoke to a jittery caucasian male as he opened what looked like a crate of supplies, taking out a bottle of soda from before the war "If they do... I'll just pay up. It's fuckin' worth it" He opened the bottle and took a few swigs. She listenened carefully as they spoke quickly, inadvertently giving her clues to their location. The complains about the smell and heavy footsteps implied they were in one of the abandoned sewage plants close to the bridges in the other side of City 18.

She made quick way towards the location when she could, looking for any indications of work in the area. dumped old cigarretes and the marked footprints in the dust of the area showed her the way into an old store-house nearby. She could hear trouble brewing inside from the little stunt the package carrier had done earlier.

She decided to sneak inside, trying to minimize what attention she would call out in there and avoid identification. She ripped her jacket and made an improvised hood for herself to cover her face, taking off her shoes and socks as well to make as little noise as possible. When she was ready, only her eyes were visible, and her black citizen shirt would keep her inconspicous in the dark. She looked for ways inside the storage-house, finding a way through the roof's old and rusted ventilation system.

It was easy for her to crawl into the ventilation system due to her small height and body, slipping inside and overhearing the conversations underneath her.

"Look boss. I'll pay up for it, okay? Here. I've got the t-" The man who had taken the soda bottle and drunk it got hit in the face hard before he could finish the sentence. An impossing russian man with a bulletproof vest and tattoos all over yelled at him

"IT'S NOT ABOUT THE SUPPLIES, YOU IDIOT!" he was angry, gripping at the man's shirt collar and shaking him "YOU DO NOT DISOBEY MY ORDERS. YOU DO NOT ENDANGER OUR OPERATION. AND YOU DO NOT FUCKING TREAT THIS CASUALLY!" While the man was clearly angry, you could see in his actions that it was more out of concern for the rest and the desperation to make everything work right than blind rage. He pushed the man away, huffing as he let him took a breather "... You know where to leave the money. And don't let find you doing this again... Or i'll drop you off in front of their nexus myself."

She knew that he wasn't to be messed with after witnessing that conversation, knowing full well now that she had to find where they stashed things and grab some stuff for herself. She took care to not make much noise as she went through the old ventilation system. Pulling her shirt up slightly to cover her mouth and nose from the accumulated dust inside.

she finally found herself above a darkened room. All the other areas in the storage were well lit except for this one. She opened the ventilation and slowly crawled underneath. feeling her way through the darkness untill her eyes adjusted to the area. When they finally did, she realised she was surrounded by crates and boxes, some of them stretching up to the ceiling and marked with different tags. Food, water, milk, soda, etc. Some of the men's equipment was there as well, though the only thing she was interested in was using their backpacks.

She decided to work quickly before anyone came to check, taking one of the extra backpacks in the area and quickly trying to fill it up with some more decent food and milk, caring not for soda or beer due to how little help they would be to her body's health. She thought smart, only taking things that she could actually gain something from eating rather than out of taste. She completely skipped some of the junk food these men had somehow salvaged and took more traditional and healthy souvenirs. As she was preparing to leave the door opened. One of the men was going in to check on their supplies when they noticed Laura's legs entering the vent. The man quickly pulled an axe that he carried around for defending the perimeter and attempted to jump at her, though his axe wasn't able to penetrate the ventilation's metal properly.

She panicked, scampering through and trying to make it out alive as the men inside screamed about a thief. Orders were barked left and right, and everyone was told to keep away from using firearms as to not attract the CCA. Laura quickly tried to get away through the roof, jumping down through the fire exit and grabbing the stash with her things she had left behind. It was a close call, too close for her liking... But she had food now, and they had no info on her thanks to her quick thinking and the considerably small ammount of things she got.

She continued to try and rob smugglers and the like with these same methods for a while, to good success and slowly improving her knowledge of the city's layout and the different smuggling group's supplies. some of them came to despise her, even setting up rewards for the capture of the mysterious thief, while others decided to break a deal with her. Information on the other smugglers to be left in a small piece of paper for the price of a week's supply of food. She never met them in person, and they never met her either, but they communicated by small notes in their storage, left when she would usually come by to rob.

They would detail for her where to go, who to follow, and of course, what information they needed. Through these notes she was able to understand the dire situations that some of these groups were in, how some of them were not necesarily evil, so much as they existed out of necessity, and of course, how some of them would rather help one another than to hurt each other, but with the lack of supplies and cooperation, there was little to no choice. She would always stay away from the politics and simply gather the information required, learning a lot about all the groups in the process. some stuff that they would proably not want an outsider to even know.

She refined her tactics, and hid her identity much better for the next few times, making sure that no one would recognize her even if she got seen during her robberies. It was a dirty way to make a better living, and yet it was the only one available to her. She made a point to only trade in information, and never in lives. That's not to say that she wasn't willing to fight someone, as she was forced more than once to knock out a guard before they could raise the alarm for the rest, and truth be told, she did like the thrill of almost being caught at times, though she played her cards as close to her chest as possible, never risking herself too much and going for easy, unprepared targets that wouldn't be too much trouble even if they caught her

Laura understood better why someone would go through lenghts to be a criminal, she didn't despise the smugglers, but this was her only way to live without being caught in the crossfire of bandits, gangsters and criminals inside the city.

A neutral party in a world where everyone tries to backstab one another. Still... It was better than being a loyalist.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?

Perks:
  • Hand to hand would allow her to effectively defend herself as well as help people who are being physically attacked
  • Having a steady ammount of supplies on her side would help her maintain a good physique and thus not falter on her H2H skills
  • Having contact with smugglers would allow her to adquire materials, given time and effort of course
  • Being able to sneak around and hide her identity for her stealing gig helps her maintain a low profile and not be chased when it would be inconvenient, or become a target for the CCA

Defects:
  • She cannot use these H2H skills unless it's absolutely necesary, as such a thing attracts a lot of attention.
  • Due to her smaller size, she cannot just punch someone once and be done with it. Her skills are more about keeping a streak of blows going and attempting to exploit someone's weaknesses, giving the other person plenty of time to also fight back and land a few blows on her.
  • Smugglers would be on the lookout for someone like her, making it difficult for her to keep hidden at times, meaning she cannot carry her stuff with her at all times, or even have to fake being less than what she is when not disguised, even having to knowlingly take a beating from a mugger or two at times.
  • It's hard to keep up the appearance of someone who doesn't know about something when you're, unlike the rest of the city, well fed. meaning that she'd have to avoid going to District 1, forcing her to stay in the "bad area" of the city.

Create interesting and more varied roleplay by creating a character that has to balance out what she knows to do, what her morals tell her to and what she knows is "smart" to do in the city. She cannot go around being a vigilante, she cannot save people, and unfortunately, she has to act selfishly or even despicably to survive in the city, making it difficult for her to keep up with herself at times in that regard, questioning wether she puts her skills to good use at all.

Nope.

Extra Notes (optional):
You may be worried due to the expert H2H knowledge, but I do believe anyone who has combat RP'ed with me in the past knows that I can balance the knowledge in combat as to not be overpowered. This gives her an edge. It does not make her invincible.

I know you know how to handle auths like these pretty well from experience. You have my support. Awaiting another admin. -Statua

Looks good to me, consider this accepted. - OzJackal
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 11:39:19 PM by o.g jackal »

Offline Vegas

• Big Poppa
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 07:22:01 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Vegas
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): ~5 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: ~4 years

Character Section

Authorization(s): Cane blade. (twist the handle, sword comes out of the tip)
Golden ring.

Name: Colombo Beniamino
Affiliation: Slums/Rebellion

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations. Born in Sicily, 1962, Colombo Beniamino was your average child. He was birthed into a relatively high-class family, due to their connections to the Mafia. Strange men would come by periodically, dropping off packages. His parents would leave without notice, and come back weeks later.
They lived in a mansion, as this was promptly after the 'economic miracle'. His grandfather, however, was Colombo's favorite. He would always show him his collections of odds and ends, including antiques from the wars. His grandfather always had a cane leaning against the wall whenever Colombo came over, which was oddly never used.

One day, as he was over at his grandparent's house, his grandfather had to go check on something outside. As soon as he was out of the door, Colombo went over to the cane leaning on the wall. Being a curious teenager, he picked it up and inspected it. It was in perfect condition, obviously the wood was being polished periodically. The handle seemed oddly detached, seperated from the rest by a brass band. He grabbed the handle and felt it spin a little bit in his hand. A glint of metal flashed in the corner of his eye. He looked down, and the tip of a knife was coming out of the bottom of the cane. He slowly twisted the handle, curious. As he did, the knife slowly evolved into something more - A sword. He heard a noise, and tilted his head up. The doorknob was turning. He quickly spun the handle the other way, and set it up on the wall the best he could. His grandfather walked back into the room, and, fortunately, didn't notice anything.

6 years later, Colombo is working the cash register at a corner store. An odd man stalks in, a hat pulled over his eyes, wearing a suit. He approaches the register instantly, not pausing to grab anything. He knocks on the counter twice, a hollow sound resonating. Colombo looks at the man, and tilts his head slightly. The man begins to talk;
"You're Mr. Beniamino?"
"Yes, I am. Who are you?"
"I'm a... friend, of your grandfather, Domenico. He has recently passed and has some items for you. Come to the docks by 7. Don't be late."
The man knocks on the counter again, and leaves without giving Colombo time to speak.

After clocking out of his shift at 6:30, Colombo begins walking down the streets to the docks. The sun is setting, and the streets are relatively empty. It's late November, a sharp chill putting the hair on Colombo's neck up. After he finally arrives at the docks, at 6:50, the sun has completely set. There are two men wearing hats over their eyes wearing suits, and another man wearing a suit. They all have gloves and dress shoes. The man without a hat has gray hair, and leaning on a cane.
Colombo glances between the men. One of the men wearing a hat pulls a bag off of his back. He tosses it in front of the gray haired man.
"Come here." the gray haired man says.
Colombo slowly steps forward, his shoes clapping against the cobbled floor. The man gets on one knee, opening the bag. He pulls out three items; a spotless golden ring, a box, and finally; the cane that used to lean against his grandfather's wall.

Colombo's eyes widen a little bit as he recognizes the cane. The man extends his arm, the ring atop the box. Colombo grabs the box, his hands shaking slightly. He then grabs the cane.
"He also had a message for you." the gray haired man says to Colombo.
"What is the message?"
"Don't forget who you are."
The three men spin on their heels, walking away, their dress shoes loudly slapping the cobblestones.
Twenty years later, Colombo is sitting in his mansion that he bought with half of his inheritance in Kiev, Ukraine just recently. He has yet to find a wife, living alone. He idly spins in his office chair, contemplating all of the events of his life when an abruptly loud bang is heard outside. He rockets to his feet, stepping over to the blinds. He pulls it open, glancing outside. A portal is being ripped into the skies, dropships coming down. A gunship comes out of the skies, and it begins blowing rooves off of houses. Ropes appear to be coming down from the dropships, shapes sliding down them.

Colombo swears, spinning on his heel. He paces across the hardwood floor, arriving at his closet. He opens the door, reaching to the top shelf. He grabs his grandfather's cane and a shovel, hurrying to his yard. He begins rapidly digging, glancing about. The portals are far enough away that he has time. He speeds up the digging, until he has a hole about five feet deep. He shoves the cane in, its perfect condition being tarnished by the dirt, and he buries it. The portals are practically right above him now. He hurls the shovel as far as he can, landing across the street. He sprints around to his back yard, hiding underneath his deck. He shelters his head, curling up into a ball and being as silent as he can.

It's almost a day later, Colombo still hiding underneath the deck. He crawls forward, peering his head around. There is noone in sight, the streets spattered with blood. He crawls out and around his house, glancing around. Everywhere seems to be empty. He looks up now, and sees a spire being formed in the distance. It seems to symbolize a city of some sort. He crawls over to his front yard. The shovel is still there, across the street. He walks over to it, more confident now. He grabs it, walking back to his yard. He begins digging where he buried the cane, reaching down. He pulls it out, shaking loose dirt off of it. He begins going towards the city, not ten miles away.As he draws near, he notices a canal system leading towards the city. It seems mostly dried up. Seeing low ground as probably more safe, he enters the canals.

After following the canals, he ends up in the entry to the 'slums' of the city. He walks in, looking about. There seems to be noone about, most of them probably hiding in their homes. He decides to play it safe, seeing as whatever made this city has either captured or killed everybody. He walks forward, and notices an alleyway. He hobbles over to it, slowly entering. As he nears the end of the alley, he notices that it's empty. He decides that this is a good spot, laying it down in the corner, pulling some cardboard over it. Colombo then leaves the alleyway, deciding to turn himself in.
Colombo leaves the slums, walking out into the heart of the city. A towering man wearing a mask stops him.
"Citizen, apply."
"Apply? What does that mean?"
"Name and citizen identification digits. State them."
"Err.. Colombo Beniamino. What are citizen identification digits?"
"You have not been given an identification card? Follow me, ciizen."
He follows the man, as he leads him to the Nexus. He is then handed his card, and shoved back out into the streets.
Colombo quickly returns to the slums, going back to the same alleyway that he hid the cane in. He had hidden the gold ring in his pocket, so he pulled it out and put it on. He walked over to his cane, pulling the cardboard off of it. He picked it up, and set out of the alleyway to explore what the city held in store for him.

+Weapon to fight with
+Backstory
+Utility as a blade

-Ring might get stolen
-Mechanism could get stuck.
-Blade would require maintance

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects? I plan to defend the bar that my character runs, as well as use it to create passive roleplay while keeping the blade in good condition.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s)) No.

Extra Notes (optional): N/A

The gold ring is a yes from me, as is the cane sword. Make sure that the defects are met while you have this authorisation. - OzJackal
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 11:50:17 PM by Statua »

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 07:11:31 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Cat With A Mustache
How long have you been roleplaying? (can be any game): ~5 Years
How long have you been playing Garry's Mod serious roleplay?: ~2 Years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
-A single acoustic guitar (Rough condition, scratches along the body, but playable, and tunable)
-6 Six extra strings. (One extra string for each different string type, if the strings break and must be repaired)
-Two picks. (Both the same, black and thin. One to use, one for back-up.)

Name: Alberta Jackson
Affiliation: Neutral, however stays in Slums.

In the ruins of a town, a man is seen running about the few buildings still standing in the long street. Although the town looks to be over 50 years old, of just destroyed buildings, it's strange to think it's only been a few years since the city was abandoned. Even though it;s been his 5th time out of the city, the man takes him time with corners and alleys. Reading what is left of the signs on the buildings, he searches for whatever looks right for what he needs. 'Luigi's Pizza'; no one needs any expired pepperoni. 'Dale's Electronics'; ransacked too many times. 'Noisy Neighbor'; an instrument repair shop? Might be worth something in there that no one took.

Upon entering the building, the man already realized that it too, has been ransacked many times. The only things left are things no one could carry or use. Amps, drumsets, a few saxophones. Nothing that he could bring back and sell. Looking about the small local store, the man spots another door, looking like it leads to a storage room. Entering it, he once again, finds nothing of interest. A small table however is at the back, a label across the top of it; 'Repair Bench'. Rummaging through the little drawers on the desk, he produces a small assortment of things; a package of replacement strings for a guitar, along with a bass guitar. Three picks, and some CD's, blank. Tossing the CD's aside, as he knows they are more useful than a popsicle in the middle of a snow storm, he walks over to the last thing of interest in the room, another small desk.

This one looks more like a personal desk, perhaps and employee or a managers. Looking through the large amount of untouched papers that were left on the desk, he sighs, and tosses the paper aside. Frustrated that nothing could be found of value, he sits down in the rotation chair that belonged to the desk. Backing it up against the wall with his weight, the man looks to his right, and notices a crack, between the desk and the wall. Looking between the desk and the wall, the man see's an old guitar, one that looks like it's been sitting for a few years now. Settled with a nice layer of dust, the man picks it up, and blows the dust off, smiling as he finally can find something to sell.

"So, what did ya find this time?" Alberta asks a man who enter's the front of her apartment, smiling.
Looking content, the man takes off his backpack, and sets it on the table. In his right hand is a guitar, while his backpack contains the rest of the goodies he has found. "I was looking around an old music shop and found this, hoping that I could sell it for something."
Picking up the guitar, Alberta looks it over. "Sellin' it? Why, I think it's just fine to keep."
"If you want it, you still got to pay for it. I gotta make a livin' somehow." The man responds back. "What price are ya lookin' for?" Alberta shoots back.
"I'll tell ya what. 100 tokens, and I'll throw in extra strings and a few picks, eh?" he says.
"100 tokens? Hun, I don't have that much." Alberta reaches in her pocket, and tosses out the tokens within' it. Landing on the table is a single '50' token, along with a '10' token, and a few '1' tokens. "All these, plus this ol' jacket I bought just a few sun's ago." Alberta then takes off her own jacket it, throwing it on the table with the rest of her offerings.
Eyeing the goods on the table, the man slowly nods, casually replying with "Yeah, sure." He leans the guitar on the wall, and digs through his backpack, tossing the two picks, and package of string with them next to the guitar. "All yours."
Smiling, Alberta grabs the bunch of supplies leaned on the wall. Using the strap, connected to the guitar, Alberta slings it over her shoulder, so that is rests on her back, and is comfortablely behind her. Stuffing the rest in her pockets, she smiles at the man, and tips her invisible hat. "I'll be back in two weeks to see what else ya' gonna pick up."
Perks:
+Can be used to play music
+Can be used as a blunt weapon, however destroys the object.
+Add's to the atmosphere

Defects:
-Could be looked upon as an item of value, and thus, stolen.
-Strings break, leading to complete utter uselessness with the instrument.
-Playing tunes that other's dislike can lead others to attack the player.
-Contraband (Not 100%, music and instruments is a gray area with the combine.)

It's mostly just so I can play music around the slums. I have yet to see any musical instruments around the slums, and with music being a HUGE part of society today, music would also find it's way into the depressing streets.

Nope.

Extra Notes (optional):
I will use youtube links in the LOOC chat to 'distribute' music. I do have HLDJ that I wanted to play the music through, however I believe one of the unavailable things to apply for is the 'V' flag for voice chat.

Looks good to me. The Combine, to my knowledge, view music as an expression of individuality which is something they try to suppress but you would have to ask a OfC+ for a definite answer on that. Consider this accepted. ~ OzJackal
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 11:44:12 PM by o.g jackal »

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal