Author Topic: Remove v Paycheck  (Read 4702 times)

Offline Swagile

• Swagile the Fagile
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Remove v Paycheck
« on: March 11, 2014, 03:14:42 PM »
I, personally, give me character an IC reason as to why he would need to spawn in v flag items. Ex. saying you find a dealer who makes weekly (OOC) drops into the City that you can collect, or that you're the one who goes out yourself and gets them, and while doing so, you cant use your character for an OOC duration of time, agreed upon usually with Admins so that it's monitored.
As for application only v flags...that's stupid, in my opinion. You'll kill the need for donations and in turn, kill the server. I say just rid of the paycheck, tokens need more value to them. The whole reason people abuse spawning items is because they have so much money to spend it on.

also on the note of the business menu, i personally believe the v flag should have the token paycheck stripped from it before it starts sending the token economy into a pile of useless shit like it did on old hl2rp so people cant just spawn like 100 shipments of something and still have like 10k tokens left over because of their v flag paycheck

Even though they donated and, I guess, should get benefits for what they donated, giving them v flag is kinda ridiculous. Especially because of the fact that they have a constant paycheck and can spawn in general goods with a shitty excuse. Personally, I only know one person who has legitimately used v flag well, and thats one out of ten people.

At least give some rules on v flags, like some sort of RP going into it, seeing as I saw a fully fitted bar in the slums that JUST appeared, and the guy was dealing out large quanitities of booze with, to be honest, no truly substantial IC explanation.

we dont get V flags due to being admin, and i still stand by the fact that v flag should not have a paycheck and it just encourages them not to bother ever going for their rations which contains tokens in it (along with other stuff like food and water necessary for survival)

EDIT: and as smt said, V flag should require like an insanely good reason behind it along with the person in question being really trusted not to abuse it, but even then

This suggestion seems to be wanted by a few, and since we derailed the last thread, I am posting any relevant quotes to support the idea.

If you wish you can post relevant quotes and / or ideas on how this wouldn't be a good thing for the server.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Remove v Paycheck
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 04:14:56 PM »
It'd be really nice if we got people to care about rations more than they do now, and it's quite apparent that the v-flag pay check might be behind the disinterest for rations in general, now that it was brought up.
Unless somebody voices a valid point against, I'll remove the wages not just from the 'v' flag, but possibly also from the various character classes (think of CA where it's useless anyway).

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 04:21:11 PM »
As long as there are at least two ration cycles evenly spaced throughout the day so that people in all time zones have a chance to attend, I support this.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 04:23:12 PM »
As long as there are at least two ration cycles evenly spaced throughout the day so that people in all time zones have a chance to attend, I support this.
This.

I also think that if its removed for all classes, OfC+ or something like that should be able to spawn ammo and shit for free (with some sort of limit or something)
what

Offline Swagile

• Swagile the Fagile
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 04:24:45 PM »

That is more of an IC problem that has to be brought up with HC.

At least, id like to think so.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 04:29:14 PM »
MPF units should still receive it. One of the whole points of having the CCA in the HL2 lore was to have a volunteer force of law enforcers that have their lives made slightly better by doing so (hence, free tokens, better food, etc).
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Swagile

• Swagile the Fagile
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 04:32:58 PM »
MPF units should still receive it. One of the whole points of having the CCA in the HL2 lore was to have a volunteer force of law enforcers that have their lives made slightly better by doing so (hence, free tokens, better food, etc).

Or this:

idk if people saw my suggestion a while ago, it was to remove all paychecks entirely, give dvls and maybe ofcs a paycheck or just a weekly/monthly lump sum and make them pay their own units however they wish/however is allowed (maybe all of cca has a fixed rate pay, or maybe each dvl can pay based on performance, whatever)

then this also removes tokens randomly flowing into citizens asschecks and gives citizens a real reason to keep tokens, though again there would have to be no gigantic stupid roleplay breaking lump sum for donating, but whatever, i've never seen it done in hl2rp and i think it would work amazingly

edit: i just realized how offtopic this thread went but still participating in current discussion which id a nice discussion so

Idea can be implemented for a trial period.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 05:38:20 PM »

Or this:

idk if people saw my suggestion a while ago, it was to remove all paychecks entirely, give dvls and maybe ofcs a paycheck or just a weekly/monthly lump sum and make them pay their own units however they wish/however is allowed (maybe all of cca has a fixed rate pay, or maybe each dvl can pay based on performance, whatever)

then this also removes tokens randomly flowing into citizens asschecks and gives citizens a real reason to keep tokens, though again there would have to be no gigantic stupid roleplay breaking lump sum for donating, but whatever, i've never seen it done in hl2rp and i think it would work amazingly

edit: i just realized how offtopic this thread went but still participating in current discussion which id a nice discussion so

Idea can be implemented for a trial period.

I agree actually. I say strip paychecks from all characters except HC+ units and then implement a payment system so they are actually compensated for their work. That way its more of a working economy going on in the server and units aren't just paid automatically for sitting on their asses. That way they can work for their tokens to buy their own supplies and paid according to their effort and such; maybe even getting bonuses for a job well done.

However, rations would be a must. An absolute, imperative must. That, and maybe CWU operated work cycles which I suggested long ago before the server went down once. And I also think we did it once or twice on C45. But basically, have the CWU set up a water treatment plant or maybe ration packaging (that way it can provide some RP of maybe citizens sneaking some food or tokens for themselves if they feel brave and sneaky enough) or the like. We could also do a thing where citizens who volunteer for work like how most of them used to for LP's can also do something for a very (very, very) small amount of compensation. Maybe like 2-10 tokens per job done and/or quality or amount of work done on that assigned job?

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 07:32:23 PM »
please remove this

i was promised this would be gone when hl2rp started up and i was lied to and i have cried every night

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 07:42:13 PM »
Take into consideration this will sorta lower the limit of how many people donate for gold aswell. Since the income is a big thing.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 07:55:17 PM »
Take into consideration this will sorta lower the limit of how many people donate for gold aswell. Since the income is a big thing.

maybe for you it is but id rather have a working economy

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 07:57:23 PM »

ye, this.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 08:09:52 PM »

And rofl would like to have incoming donations to pay for the box.  The check should be removed but not until someone comes up with a perk that would replace it.  HL2RP could be a good money hole if we can come together and make some nice perks.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 08:19:53 PM »
And rofl would like to have incoming donations to pay for the box.  The check should be removed but not until someone comes up with a perk that would replace it.  HL2RP could be a good money hole if we can come together and make some nice perks.

Aside from 'v' flags, 'H' flags, and being able to apply for CCA and CWU without 10 constructive posts, I really can't think of any other benefits that would be both enticing but low on the scale of abuseability for donators.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 08:31:15 PM »

Pretty much this.

Also, the idea sounds good to remove token income and have a real economy in game, but we don't do rations regularly as it is and we never have, regardless of how much we've talked about ration distribution being a problem. People donate and get the flags to spawn items, but if they have to rely solely on rations for tokens, they'll rarely be able to actually get any benefit from it, which leads to pissed of donors, which leads to less server population and likely less overall donors as well when people realize they won't get any benefits over regular players in the game, in terms of income.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal