Author Topic: Jeff Maiden's Metropolice Force Application  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jeff Maiden's Metropolice Force Application
« on: March 10, 2014, 12:26:15 PM »
Jeff Maiden's Metropolice Force Application

OOC Name: Jeff2307

IC Character Name: Jeff Maiden

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Metropolice Force and what lead your character to do so.
Jeff had his wife taken from him and is now looking for a new reason to live, he doesn't want to sit on a bench or in his room eating his rations for the rest of his life... No, he want's something more. So now he thinks about joining the CCA for an opportunity to start a new life.

He also wants to give something back to the CCA because for Jeff they have offered him shelter, food, and maybe most importantly, peace. Which is in his opinion a lot... Since they could have just as easily killed the entire human race if they so desired. But they chose not to.

He also wants to thank the CCA for giving him protection, seeing as they saved his life when he was being threatened by the Resistance.
And he wants to be part of that. He also wants to help people so that the citizens of City 18 can see that the CCA isn't as bad as they think. (Again, see back-story.)

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
-Fast learner (see back-story)
-Works very well with a partner/in a team
-Is very athletic (He had a gym in his life before the 7 hour war.)
-Very social, smooth talker.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
For me: It's a fun way to experience HL2RP from a different perspective. I like playing a citizen but being in the CCA is just very different and there is a lot to learn/discover, which I really like! It’s also really enjoyable to RP with people that know how to do it properly and have an interesting background. And generally just having a good time in a serious RP environment.

For my character: He doesn't have much more to live for since his wife past away since she was what kept him going... He doesn't want to sit indoors all day long doing nothing. He wants something more from his life. And also so that he can show the citizens of the city that the Combine and the humans can co-exist. It’s an opportunity for him to start a new life where he can make a difference.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Jeff Maiden grew up in a little European country named Belgium. From since he was little he was always very interested in America and knew that once he grew up he wanted to live there. And by studying hard he was able to go to university in the America where he got his degree as a lawyer. However he decided not to do anything with it and went a whole other direction by starting a gym in Los Angeles. There he met his future wife Ilsa. On the day of their wedding the 7 hour war started. Jeff tried to drive to a nearby shelter, suddenly a big explosion went off next to him and everything went black...
Waking up in City 18 Jeff had no idea where he was or what had happend. He didn't realize he woke up in an almost empty room with only a kitchen, bed and sofa, neither did he notice his all-blue clothing... He only cared where his loved one was... Running outside he finally realized he wasn't in Los Angeles anymore. At least he thought he wasn't... Big posters with bold text saying: WELCOME TO CITY 18, ENJOY YOUR STAY! Jeff thought he was dreaming... "City 18, what is this place?" he thought by himself. He was cold, not the weather he was used to... He asked a black male on a bench near a small park what this place was. "Where have you been the past couple off days man? It's the APOCALYPSE... The end of the world as we know it man, it's the aliens..." The man whispered... "What a creep..." Jeff thought. But something was indeed odd about this "City 18" the man said everything happened only a few days ago, then why was he so cold? Did they bring him to another country? Another Continent maybe? A few days later, just when Jeff thought he understood what was happening he heard voices in the hallway of his apartment block. The voices stopped at his door. "You sure it's here?", "It has to be!" Jeff tried to hide in his bathroom but before he could even get out of bed 3 men broke down his door and grabbed him.
"Where is he!?" One of the men said.
"Where is who?" Jeff said, scared for his life.
"You know who I'm talking about! Answer me!" The man responded.
"I don't know what you're talking about! Please let me go!" Jeff said.
"Doctor Krestjov! Where is Doctor Krestjov!?" One of the other men yelled.
"If you don't give me what I want, I'm gonna hurt you really bad you traitor!" Yelled the man, putting his gun up to Jeff's arm.
"Please, I d-"
All of the sudden, 3 gunshots we're fired, Jeff closed his eyes, thinking his arm was shot only to realize he didn't feel any pain.
When he closed his eyes again he saw the 3 men lying there... They didn't wear his all-blue outfit, no they wore brown and grey clothing... Some had the greek "lambda" letter on them.
He saw 4 combine officers standing in his room.
3 of them dragged the body's outside while one of them stood infront of Jeff.
"Citizen, respond" he, or rather... IT... Said...
"Y-Y-Y-Yes?" Jeff stuttered.
"You are in shock, do you suffer any injuries?"
"N-N-N-No, sir." Jeff answered
The officer didn't even bother to respond and left his apartment.
Some days later Jeff wanted to go get his rations when he saw a poster saying: "Join Combine Civil Authority today, applications now open."
And without much thought... Jeff knew what to do...

5) Have you ever had a MPF character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
Yes, inactivity.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
4 years give or take.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Same as above.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Same as above. (Started here, still here

4. What Time zone are you in?
CEST +1

5. In what country do you live?
Belgium

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
I used to be a DJ in OCRP(2) and set up stands and interacting with the players on the server, really liked doing that!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0yrD1QFU5Y" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0yrD1QFU5Y</a>

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Jeff Maiden
CID: 54897
Height: 5'9"
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 182.4
Mental Distinctions: /
Mental Defects: /
Mental Advantages: Quick dicision taker.
Notable Qualities: EHBO knowladge

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, I have not.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, I do.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, I do.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes, I do.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to give my life a purpose and protect the citizens of the city against any dangers from the outside world.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Jeff Maiden hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:33:07 PM by Jeff2307 »

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jeff Maiden's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 03:34:50 PM »
Accepted for interview

Offline ReconPWN??????

• Reconfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jeff Maiden's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 06:53:50 PM »
Interview Sucessful

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal