Author Topic: Metropolice Pack  (Read 7568 times)

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Metropolice Pack
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 03:35:39 PM »
I support this as well as the citizen model pack that was suggested earlier.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline BrandonSmith

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 10:38:20 PM »
-Support

I really do not want to see this on the server.

There's no need for it and it will only make units begin to bicker about who gets what model.

Honestly it's better for immersion and lore to just have normal vanilla models.

Chris Baker - Learning to treat patients.

Brandon R. Smith - Scavenging in the slums.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Metropolice Pack
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 10:43:08 PM »
-Support

There's no need for it and it will only make units begin to bicker about who gets what model.

How would it cause units to bicker about getting models when you can have more than one of the same model, wat
READY AYE READY

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 10:59:02 PM »
It's extremely simple. Admins or High Command figure it out, we did this when the server was last up with these.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 11:13:09 PM »
I would really like to see this, please.

Just make everyone beta police or something, NOVA medic cops, and HC of certain divisions one of the more badass ones.

Like if we get zealot or something again just make them Black Metro cops or something cool. I have a feeling with these models people will be like "damn son, that's good shit. Let's come to this server, their cops are amazing."
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 11:17:19 PM by Scrublord »

Offline This is Red

• The best color in the world is  not red.
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 12:17:13 AM »
if we get zealot or something again just make them Black Metro cops or something cool

"oh hey we're a super secret task force that no one knows exist except that we wear armor that differentiates us from normal units soooo"

anyway custom models are good and all but I felt there were way too many different models last time

the improved models are great but too many is overkill
oh

Offline TheKrusader

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 12:25:30 AM »
I would really like to see this, please.

Just make everyone beta police or something, NOVA medic cops, and HC of certain divisions one of the more badass ones.

Like if we get zealot or something again just make them Black Metro cops or something cool. I have a feeling with these models people will be like "damn son, that's good shit. Let's come to this server, their cops are amazing."

Don't even bring up Zealot, please no no no no no.

Anyways, on topic: I'm a bit on the fence about this. My reasoning for indecisiveness is this: Sure it's fairly cool, it's a change from the vanilla models. And sure, some ( if not most ) people already have/will be willing to get this. Furthermore, it's a better way to add variation into the CCA (model-wise). I see the benefits, I really do. But on the other hand, it's going to be some amount of megabytes that newcomers will not be(in my opinion) willing to download. Think about it, you're joining a sever; one that you've never been on before. And upon connecting you receive a message stating that you have to download a pack that's [insert number here]mb, probably somewhere in the hundreds. I know now that you're probably thinking "If they're not willing to download this pack they're not serious about RP." But you cannot be certain about that, it's happened several times that people have joined our server from darkRP servers and have stayed because they like the immersion and seriousness that HL2RP entails. But they will begin to spam that 'cancel' button as soon as they see they're downloading model upon model's worth of content.

I don't know, from a 'this is cool for me' standpoint, I definitely support this.

But from a '#populateHL2RP' perspective, it doesn't stand up.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2014, 12:35:24 AM »
i swear people dont know you can make workshop addons download on connecting, this isn't that big, most people won't notice it

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 12:37:37 AM »
I myself already have this (had it since before I even came to CG, used to enjoy fucking around on singleplayer with the NPCs :P) and as such, I can't see any negatives.

As for a population factor, I've always thought that a smaller group of experienced people that actually RP is better than a full server of DarkRP retards.
READY AYE READY

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 12:45:46 AM »
HD skins seem legit but not every division needs its own model, let's keep it a bit black and white this time then before.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 12:50:43 AM »
-Support

Just because we have access to the various 1337 models, doesn't mean we will or have to use them. It's not like we're gonna sit there with our thumbs up our bums thinking, "Oh, lets give this rank of this division the TF2 unit skins, and this rank of this division the TRON skins! Brilliant!"

No.

Wanna put that thought of your to rest? Make every unit the same skin. Everyone gets the HD unit model and the only skin variants are 01+. Problem solved.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 01:02:22 AM »
HD skins seem legit but not every division needs its own model, let's keep it a bit black and white this time then before.
How about:
  • HD Metrocop and Female Metrocop, C8 Metrocop, or Blue-Eyed Metrocop (preferrably HD) for 03 and below.
  • Trenchcoat Metrocop model for 01.
  • Retrocop model for TrO's.
  • Concept Trenchcoat model or (assuming it isn't selected for regular units) C8 Metrocop model for OfC's.
  • Elite Shock Unit for DvL's.
  • Breen Troops for SeC.

As well as specialty models for the different divisions (ie, NOVA units get the Civil Medic model, RAZOR gets the Urban Camo model, GRID gets the Beta Metrocop model,  etc).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:04:57 AM by Comrade Strelnikov »
READY AYE READY

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 01:05:16 AM »
How about:
  • HD Metrocop and Female Metrocop, C8 Metrocop, or Blue-Eyed Metrocop (preferrably HD) for 03 and below.
  • Trenchcoat Metrocop model for 01.
  • Retrocop model for TrO's.
  • Concept Trenchcoat model or (assuming it isn't selected for regular units) C8 Metrocop model for OfC's.
  • Elite Shock Unit for DvL's.
  • Breen Troops for SeC.

As well as specialty models for the different divisions (ie, NOVA units get the Civil Medic model, RAZOR gets the Urban Camo model, GRID gets the TRON-style models, etc).

Specialty models are not necessary and only cause problems. I say we keep it as vanilla as possible.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2014, 10:08:51 AM »
I'll get this content pack added with the next update.
The decision on who gets what model will be probably left to MPF high command.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal