Author Topic: Mark Daffen's Metropolice Force Application  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Napalmmonkey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mark Daffen's Metropolice Force Application
« on: March 08, 2014, 12:32:26 AM »
Mark Daffen's Metropolice Force Application

OOC Name: napalmmonkey

IC Character Name: Mark Daffen

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Metropolice Force and what lead your character to do so.
My character has seen the civil protection officers patrol the streets and guard his whole life. Ever since he was a little boy he dreamed of being one. He sometimes thought about how he would look in the white and gray outfit with the shinny boots. Oh how he lacks entertainment in district 1, he only wishes to be one of the brave men and women who protect the citizens.

My character doesn't only want this job to benefit his fellow citizen but to assist his family. As I presume many are poor such as my characters family. This job could bring in an extra few coins to assist in taking care of his family that has helped him always in his time of need.

He wishes to get respect in this world, and he believe this will help greatly, to help him be important and life and to have meaning. He wishes to make his family proud and bring them honor and glory for their sons accomplishments.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
My chacter is trustworth, loyal, helpfull, honest, cautious, intelegent, logical, serious, devoted, aggressive, and calm. These are my characters traits but not limited to.   

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I expect the Combine Civil authority to be serious and hardcore job. Meaning that every moment is life or death, that every action has repercussions and possible rewards. I think that I will get into a firefight or two while on the force.

I believe I could really assist the citizens of all the districts and also serve and protect my superiors. I will most likely give my life to protect someone no matter who they are, I will fulfill my duty as a CCA and do my best.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
My characters name is Mark Daffen, Mark grew up with his parents and at the age of 20 he finally decided to come to district 1. Upon arriving he was low on coins and hurried to find an occupation. Upon walking around for a few hours at last he found a piece of paper telling him how to make an application to join the CCA. He jumps to the opportunity and thinks back to when he was a child and how he would see the CCA patrolling the streets keeping him safe from the dangers of the world. He remembered how his father would tell him stories about the CCA, he always talked well of them but my mother was lets say had a different opinion. She always warned me “Stay away from those demons”, I of course didn’t listen and investigated in these weird masked men. I stalked them from a distance knowing that if I was caught I would be punished by the CCA but worse of all my mother would scream and yell until the head crabs came home. My father one day found me lurking in the shadows, feet away from a CCA, He picked me up and carried me right next to home and bought me a soda. He had a long talk about the harsh punishments that the CCA gave to people. But he never once during that talk did he say stop, I think he supported me and wanted me to continue but he wanted me to be more cautious. So I continued with my research on them and found that they very often make people pick up cans that they themselves had knocked over. I hoped to learn one day why they did this and if there was a reason for this behind it. One day I found out though if you refuse to pick up the can, As I walked to lunch with my father we saw a man talking to a CCA, he knocked over a can and said “Pick up that can”. But that man was feed up with it, he refused and was punished brutally. Right in front of my very eyes a man was beaten with a stun stick until he no longer had the strength to resist. As the man slowly stood up he picked up the can and placed it in the trash can. This made being a CCA a deal breaker for me until one day, as I was asleep a man broke the window of my home and came into are house to loot are belongings. Just as he had stolen a few things the sound of a door being broken shattered through the house. The man was quickly tackled to the ground and he was arrested. The CCA quickly returned are belonging and took the man to jail. This made me admire these brave men and women. When that CCA kicked in the door he had no clue what was on the other side a side from a criminal. He was unaware if he was armed or if there was more than one perp. He risked his life for my family, from that day on I knew I was safe and that I wanted to become a CCA.       

5) Have you ever had a MPF character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
I have never played as a MPF on a CG server.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
I have propaby about 480 hours (20 day).

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
I am familir with clockwork servers and have played for about 18 hours.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
I have been a member for close to a year and I have 11 day on HRP.

4. What Time zone are you in?
I am in Easten Time Zone AKA UTC-5

5. In what country do you live?
I live in the United States of America

6. How old are you?
I am 15 years of age.

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My most memorable RP moment would be on Clockwork Military RP, As I played as a soldier we were being attacked. Men and a few other men gathered in the barracks and await the commanding officer. As the door opens the CO stands there and begins to talk. Just as he finishes his sentence a bullet pierces through his chest and he dies, The CCO was no where to be found either and we needed a commander. All of us just being privates I decided I shows be the one, As I was the only one actually in a platoon Marauder 2-1 Rifleman Bravo Company. We where brave fighters who specialized in search and destroy missions. I'm not going to lie commanding 30 people at once is very hard, I had to assign people jobs as algida members ran in and shot at us. Eventually we exhausted their supply of ammo and they ran, we retook the base and ever thing went back to normal. And did I get promoted for this? Hell no because the server shut down 4 days later! Still pretty memorable and fun.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
I consider my self a good listener.

IC Section

Full Name: Mark Daffen
CID: #54912
Height: 5' 9"
Hair Colour Black Hair
Eye Colour: Blue Eyes
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 180 lbs.
Mental Distinctions: N/A
Mental Defects: Some times stutters
Mental Advantages: Intellgent and logical
Notable Qualities: trustworth, loyal, helpfull, honest, cautious, intelegent, logical, serious, devoted, aggressive, and calm.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
I have been interigated after I reported a man with a weapon entering district 2, I was in no trouble and I assisted the officers.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
We are meant to get rations? I had no clue, I thought we where meant to eat pebbles.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
I pledge my life on the Universal Union and swear to serve and portect the members of tha all powerful UU.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to join to assist the citizens of the UU and to make my family and frined proud of me. I wish to help thoes in need and to protect any one no matter if they are above or below me in command.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Mark Daffen hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:57:50 AM by Napalmmonkey »
Quotes from my hero Liberty Prime
"Communism is the very definition of failure!"
"Democracy is non-negotiable."
"Death is a preferable alternative to Communism!"

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mark Daffen's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 03:32:43 PM »
Denied for the following reasons:

-Question 2, paragraph 2, is one sentence short to be a full paragraph.

-You've said you have roughly 18 hours experience with clockwerk (HL2RP), I reckon you could benefit from a weeks with more experience with CG's server before your ready for a unit.

Please re-apply no earlier than the 14/03/2014  (14th March 2014)

Offline Napalmmonkey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mark Daffen\'s Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 07:13:07 PM »
Ok I will glady take your advice on playing more on serious RP servers. But I have one question, What do you mean by
"-Question 2, paragraph 2, is one sentence short to be a full paragraph."? I don't see where question 2 paragraph 2 is, thank you for looking at my app btw.

Post Auto-Merged: March 09, 2014, 08:34:21 PM
Also, When I reapply can I use the same app and modify it to proper standards and update it, or do I have to completly scrap everything and start over with a new IC backstory and refill out the OOC stuff diffrently?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 08:34:21 PM by Napalmmonkey »
Quotes from my hero Liberty Prime
"Communism is the very definition of failure!"
"Democracy is non-negotiable."
"Death is a preferable alternative to Communism!"

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Mark Daffen\'s Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 09:26:15 PM »
Ok I will glady take your advice on playing more on serious RP servers. But I have one question, What do you mean by
"-Question 2, paragraph 2, is one sentence short to be a full paragraph."? I don't see where question 2 paragraph 2 is, thank you for looking at my app btw.

Post Auto-Merged: March 09, 2014, 08:34:21 PM
Also, When I reapply can I use the same app and modify it to proper standards and update it, or do I have to completly scrap everything and start over with a new IC backstory and refill out the OOC stuff diffrently?
You can simply fix the application and use the same character. One failed application does not mean that a character can never become a unit.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal