Author Topic: asspulling  (Read 5001 times)

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
asspulling
« on: March 04, 2014, 03:43:21 AM »
there's nothing in the rules that specifically states players need to roleplay pulling out a weapon before being allowed to actually take it out and raise it at someone/something, talking mainly here about CP's who have taken stunbatons out without any roleplay

prior to hl2rp going down for X amount of time there was a rule that specified players couldn't withdraw a weapon and aim it at somebody in a single /me

i understand exceptions need to be made in the situation of mingerunners but like its a bit distasteful to see CP's pulling out a stunbaton and raising it without any rp

dont rly have any proof except this one example

thanks

also while i'm here is it possible we could introduce the bubble concept to roleplay situations? it's sort of like saying that while two people engage in roleplay/combat or whatever it may be that time around them essentially freezes and people are unable to interact with them unless it was thoroughly played out through RP means. i'm talking about situations here like if somebody is ambushed (let's say a CP) and he radios over the radio for assistance, the attackers/CP in question get about 3-4 me's into their actions before another 6 CP's show up with guns raised. realistically by that point the fight would've well played out, and the bubble concept tries to stick to realism by stopping people from prematurely interfering with situations like above

its basically aimed to let roleplay sit through and play out than people screaming for help then spamming steam to get help and reinforcements arriving in 1-2 irl minutes rather than a more accurate IC portrayal
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 03:46:47 AM by pls touch my ta la la »

Offline [ACS Cpl.] Midnightspy007

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: asspulling
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 07:31:17 AM »
+Support to the asspulling suggestion, however I do not like the bubble concept. In a realistic situation, when the cp are only 100-200 yards away and they sprint over, they would intervene immediately, I think it will hurt the roleplay. I say this because how realistic is sitting there watching your fellow cp get beat up for 3 /me's while I'm standing here with a gun not able to do anything.
(ps this is from my cp characters viewpoint, the example)

Offline Dixon

• I do everything LIKE A BOSS
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 08:35:55 AM »
+Support to the Asspullinh and I half support the bubble concept, people can interfere aslong as they're in the actual RP and RP it out and 100% 420% To the CCA one.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 09:48:17 AM »

prior to hl2rp going down for X amount of time there was a rule that specified players couldn't withdraw a weapon and aim it at somebody in a single /me

Thought it was still in, my bad. I'll add it later.

I do like the bubble suggestion though as a proper rule, I normally do it but obviously not all players do so.
what

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 09:49:05 AM »
I'm as well inclined to believe that the rule should be added back. I don't think it's right to shoot at people who run away instead of roleplaying the combat – you kill them and they just do it again. Instead, I'd ask admins to take care of them and if there aren't any available at the moment, I'd ignore the person until they came back and would talk to them in LOOC.
There's no entertainment in HL2RP combat when it's not roleplayed properly or at all. I believe units shouldn't act like cowboys from wild west, the process of unholstering a firearm and preparing it for use takes an actual while - undoing the strap/whatever holds it in place, pulling it out, positioning your fingers, undoing safety (it appears 21128 discharged the weapon with safety on), aiming. That gives a plenty of space for the other side to react. The opponent should be given a chance to enjoy possibly the last moments of his character.
And yeah, units calling for help over the radio the moment they see the initial engaging /me is annoying and should be taken care of as well.

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 11:46:28 AM »
bubble rule/timescale should really be made into an official rule

while it isn't anything official just now, i've seen people abide by something similar while others just completely disregard it and it stirs up shit in looc when they intervene

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 04:18:20 PM »
+Support to the asspulling suggestion, however I do not like the bubble concept. In a realistic situation, when the cp are only 100-200 yards away and they sprint over, they would intervene immediately, I think it will hurt the roleplay. I say this because how realistic is sitting there watching your fellow cp get beat up for 3 /me's while I'm standing here with a gun not able to do anything.
(ps this is from my cp characters viewpoint, the example)

if its are within a realistic distance (like around the corner) then you make exceptions to the rule where each side can get a few hits in before they can intervene, its mainly aimed at stopping people either CP or citizen from pw2'ing by /radio'ing for help or their friends 'accidently' stumbling across them and showing up in a manner of 1-2 irl minutes where realistically it'd be at least 5 IC minutes at which point the fight or whatever occurred has probably ended

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 04:31:54 PM »
I say just leave it as-is but make sure if it directly affects the other person that they have time to react. Ex.

GOOD:
C18.MPF.RAZOR-DvL.42069 unclips his stunstick from his belt.
Bobby Joe looks at the officer's stunstick warily.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-DvL.42069 attempts to strike the citizen once in the ribcage.
Bobby Joe cries in pain with the baton's impact.

BAD:
C18.MPF.ECHO-RCT.42069 takes his baton and beats the citizen to death.
[LOOC] Bobby Joe: Dude what the fuck
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 04:34:02 PM »
well the idea is that a person has an opportunity to react rather than go from looking at some guy to having a gun at his face instantly

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 07:38:54 PM »
I say just leave it as-is but make sure if it directly affects the other person that they have time to react. Ex.

GOOD:

BAD:
Thats powergaming. Asspulling is pulling out something IC that wasnt there OOC. Example:

A: Shit I think we're lost
B: Fear not for I have this entire detailed map of the sewers.
A: I cant see to read it
B: Also fear not for I have this red night reading light in my pocket too.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 08:04:12 PM »
bubble rule/timescale should really be made into an official rule

while it isn't anything official just now, i've seen people abide by something similar while others just completely disregard it and it stirs up shit in looc when they intervene

bubble would be so useful to just be able to rp things out without being interupted by some stupid citizen

* guy has gun to head *

fuckheada man citizen walks up: "hey guys!!!, oh no you guys are bad" pulls out request device and standard issue jetpack flying out at the speed of light whilst informing the local police your exact coordinates

or

*guy has gun to head *

fuckheada man citizen walks up: "hey guys!!!, oh no you guys are bad" and attempts to intervene by throwing punches and yelling "P2L" in looc

LMAO smh stat...

GOOD:

BAD:
Thats powergaming. Asspulling is pulling out something IC that wasnt there OOC. Example:

A: Shit I think we're lost
B: Fear not for I have this entire detailed map of the sewers.
A: I cant see to read it
B: Also fear not for I have this red night reading light in my pocket too.

did you read the thread dude? were talking about people pulling guns out in one /me buddi

#caughtslippin #caughtslippin2014 #godbless
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:08:22 PM by m???????????? ????? ??????? ??? »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 09:41:21 PM »
Thats powergaming. Buddi

Powergaming is the act of roleplaying against a player without giving them a chance to react, forcing whatever you just did on them.

Asspulling is the act of pulling something out in roleplay that wasn't there before.

The situation we have here isn't either. It's unrealistic timing. CP's responding to radio calls faster then the roleplay of the situation is going. There doesnt need to be a rule. Just some common sense on both ends.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 09:52:25 PM »
The situation we have here isn't either. It's unrealistic timing. CP's responding to radio calls faster then the roleplay of the situation is going. There doesnt need to be a rule. Just some common sense on both ends.

that's why you have a rule about it because its better in the long run than to leave it down to some rebel who doesn't want to die and 4 CP's who want to shoot a rebel

it's also aimed at citizen/citizen rp and shit like that - i had a situation today where thankfully the CP's didn't intervene but we were IC'ly fighting for about five minutes but it took about 30 OOC minutes to roleplay

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 02:32:44 AM »
according to ricky
raising a weapon whenever you have it out is
'admin opinion'
ive seen people raise their stunstick because they're holding it with no rp and apparantly its ok becauses its a swep which is bullshit

also comrade theres a difference between asspulling and powergaming
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:35:04 AM by Yak »

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 05:05:16 AM »
if someone wants to write the rule I'll add it. would do myself but lazy/have other stuff to be doing
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal