Author Topic: Brock Polonon's Metropolice Force Application  (Read 5102 times)

Offline Gaviao123

• View Profile
    • Awards
Brock Polonon's Metropolice Force Application
« on: March 02, 2014, 11:50:47 AM »
Brock Polonon's Metropolice Force Application

OOC Name: Gaviao123

IC Character Name: Brock Polonon

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Metropolice Force and what lead your character to do so.
He is a very good person, and he wishes to join the helix forces, he want to help the citizens by giving them rations,bandages(for the hurt citizens of course) and help the MPF against the resistence, they are bad and want to kill the citizens, he also have friends among the citizens

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Trusthworty:he is a person that everyone can trust,
Calm:He is always trying to do everything perfect, so that requires him to be very calm

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I will try to keep the situation to the citizens at an acceptable level, on the other servers, the MPF are Idiots and they not act like a real MPF,but me... i will! i will act just like the MPF on the game!

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
He is from the City 17, the City 17 got attacked by fast zombies and poison headcrabs,The MPF had to use a emergency escape plan to save the citizens, they used the last train of the city to evacuate the citizens that was helping the MPF (my character is also a Loyalist,i guess i not said that before right?) and so,he got transfered to city 18, now, he is seeking to become one of the MPF and help the Citizens again, but this time,as a MPF!

5) Have you ever had a MPF character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
For 1 Month

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
1 Month too... i only play on serious servers

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
3 hours

4. What Time zone are you in?
BRT

5. In what country do you live?
Brazil

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
On another server, we had a fight with the resistence that lasted 1 hour, i will not explain everything because that would take a lot of time, it was me and 6 more unions vs 10 Resistence members, with /roll and a lot of rp, we defeated the citizens!, but we lost 4 members from our squad... there was bullets flying everywhere...

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Brock Polonon
CID: 42690
Height: 1,94M
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Black and White
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 76P
Mental Distinctions: He is Calm and Calculist
Mental Defects: Nothing
Mental Advantages: He Can see if someone is lying or angry
Notable Qualities: Always trying to help everyone

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No
2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to help the citizens,and of course, to do this, i will have to join the MPF as a helix, hehe... and i will do my best!

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Brock Polonon hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:03:32 PM by Gaviao123 »

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Brock Polonon's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 01:43:51 PM »
" Brock Polonon: i will be afk in my apartment, i will be back when my app gets accepted =/"
OOC from about 5 mins ago

That is the kind of attitude we don't need within the MPF. I suggest to deny.
what

Offline Gaviao123

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 01:54:50 PM »
" Brock Polonon: i will be afk in my apartment, i will be back when my app gets accepted =/"
OOC from about 5 mins ago

That is the kind of attitude we don't need within the MPF. I suggest to deny.
Well, i want a role on this server, i was RPing as a citizen for 3 hours, while waiting for someone to see my application, if you guys don't want to see your own forum, delete this forum and start doing ICapps.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 02:21:02 PM »
You didn't post this long ago, wait for it to be processed and be patient.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 02:25:00 PM »
Heres a few other reasons;

Q1 isnt long enough.
Q2 is answered incorrectly.
Q3 isn't long enough,.
Q4 isn't long enough.
You don't know your own timezone.
You need some more experience within serious RP.
Your spelling and grammar is horrendous.
You continued to say every 5 minutes in shoutbox about how we should check your application, and that you'd leave it we didn't.
what

Offline Gaviao123

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 02:32:55 PM »
Heres a few other reasons;

Q1 isnt long enough.
Q2 is answered incorrectly.
Q3 isn't long enough,.
Q4 isn't long enough.
You don't know your own timezone.
You need some more experience within serious RP.
Your spelling and grammar is horrendous.
You continued to say every 5 minutes in shoutbox about how we should check your application, and that you'd leave it we didn't.
well if you want to reject my app just because my answers aren't long enough(that at least is acceptable) ok! you can close this thread and reject it, i see you guys have a lot of CCA on your server, right?
and my grammar will never be perfect,i'm a brazilian, at least it is in an acceptable level, everyone can understand me.

P.S:since when my time zone is relevant for the RP?

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 02:35:14 PM »
It's relevant to coordinate events and activites for your training and other stuff. That's why. We need to know when you could possibly be on, so we have somewhat of an idea when we can expect you to be active.

Offline Gaviao123

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 02:36:45 PM »
It's relevant to coordinate events and activites for your training and other stuff. That's why. We need to know when you could possibly be on, so we have somewhat of an idea when we can expect you to be active.

ooohh ok, thanks, i will edit it in a second!

EDIT:i did some search on google... i edited the topic!, thanks again for the warning
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 02:39:52 PM by Gaviao123 »

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 03:29:45 PM »
Also pointing out, that in the IC section, which is meant for your character to be writing it down, you wrote that you didn't get detained on; 'This server but I have before on another one'. That is OOC, and not possible to be in the IC section. Also some other questions are still too short or answered incorrectly.

(Also, not sure if I can post here, because I am not and admin or forum mod. but the Application rules said anyone can post if they only have constructive things to post. Correct me if I am wrong.)

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline Gaviao123

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 03:33:05 PM »
Also pointing out, that in the IC section, which is meant for your character to be writing it down, you wrote that you didn't get detained on; 'This server but I have before on another one'. That is OOC, and not possible to be in the IC section. Also some other questions are still too short or answered incorrectly.

(Also, not sure if I can post here, because I am not and admin or forum mod. but the Application rules said anyone can post if they only have constructive things to post. Correct me if I am wrong.)

thanks for pointing that out, i will fix it in a minute

EDIT:Edited
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 03:35:22 PM by Gaviao123 »

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 03:49:06 PM »
This has already been stated, but allow me to elaborate on this:

Question number four in the OOC section is much too short.  It is much less than the 300 word minimum and explains nothing about your character other than what he is doing in City 18 and not City 17.  As for that story, it completely goes against the canon.  I would suggest reading up on the "official" canon here: http://combineoverwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page

Your character's back story is supposed to describe the kind of person they are.  It should answer questions like "Why is your character so trustworthy and helpful?" or "How is your character able to tell when someone is lying?".  It should also describe in detail what led you character to accept the Union's ideology and volunteer his/her mind, body, and soul to preserving sociostability.

Finally, while I can understand that english is not your first language and that that in no way is related to your RP ability, you need to improve your grammar if you wish to become a CCA officer in this community.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 03:57:19 PM by Hazard Time »

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 03:55:26 PM »
Oh, also. Question 2 is also incorrect. It asks for mental traits. Not your characters physical appearance. Also, in case no one pointed this out, unless you have a privilege from the owner or high ranking admin, you need 10 posts prior to this, and a week of time at the community, in order to try to do a CP application.

wait i dont get

Offline Gaviao123

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 04:00:39 PM »

Question number three in the OOC section is much too short.  It is much less than the 300 word minimum and explains nothing about your character other than what he is doing in City 18 and not City 17.  As for that story, it completely goes against the canon.  I would suggest reading up on the "official" canon here: http://combineoverwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page

Your character's back story is supposed to describe the kind of person they are.  It should answer questions like "Why is your character so trustworthy and helpful?" or "How is your character able to tell when someone is lying?".  It should also describe in detail what led you character to accept the Union's ideology and volunteer his/her mind, body, and soul to preserving sociostability.

Finally, while I can understand that english is not your first language and that that in no way is related to your RP ability, you need to improve your grammar if you wish to become a CCA officer on this community.

It's too hard to write things like that, this would take 5 hours just to elaborate something that match with what you are talking, because i need to do grammar check,edit everything on a notepad and those things, and i'm sure there's more than 300 words in the description.
the story says how he got transfered to city 18, and why he is on the city 18.
and on the game, 9 days after gordon freeman left the city 17, a infestation started on some areas of the country, and no one knows what happened with the city 17,so... i'm taking that as an advantage for my character... hehe

Oh, also. Question 2 is also incorrect. It asks for mental traits. Not your characters physical appearance. Also, in case no one pointed this out, unless you have a privilege from the owner or high ranking admin, you need 10 posts prior to this, and a week of time at the community, in order to try to do a CP application.

i will try to fix that, thanks again

and i saw 3 people that got recruited in the same day i joined, whoever told you that, he lied
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:10:46 PM by Gaviao123 »

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 04:12:44 PM »
A minimum of 10 posts is required for CCA and CWU applications. Authorizations require 10 posts, and Tool Trust require 15.  VIP/Gold members are exempt from this rule.
A minimum of 1 week registered is required for all applications(with the exception of tool trust - this is 4 days).  VIP/Gold members are exempt from this rule.

One person was recruited because he had permission from the owner. The other people I am pretty dang sure have more than 10 posts and 1 week of time.

wait i dont get

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Brock Polonon's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 04:13:22 PM »

Question number three in the OOC section is much too short.  It is much less than the 300 word minimum and explains nothing about your character other than what he is doing in City 18 and not City 17.  As for that story, it completely goes against the canon.  I would suggest reading up on the "official" canon here: http://combineoverwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page

Finally, while I can understand that english is not your first language and that that in no way is related to your RP ability, you need to improve your grammar if you wish to become a CCA officer on this community.

It's too hard to write things like that, this would take 5 hours just to elaborate something that match with what you are talking, because i need to do grammar check,edit everything on a notepad and those things, and i'm sure there's more than 300 words in the description.
It's far less than 300. Read mine (Josh Mason's CCA Application), I have 366.

And if you find a measly 300 words of text hard to write, you aren't cut out for HL2RP. CCA apps are supposed to take a while.

By the way, CG's HL2RP canon takes place a lot of time before Freeman even ARRIVED in C17. So no, you didn't leave a few days after Freeman did. You're allowed to be from C17, but you weren't there during/after The Uprising, seeing as to how it hasn't happened yet.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:16:06 PM by Comrade Strelnikov »
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal