Author Topic: Clean up the place.  (Read 9556 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Clean up the place.
« on: February 21, 2014, 03:53:00 AM »
We've got way too many boards that are never/barely used to be on the base forum page. Please merge some, subforum some, or remove some. Ty

Here's what I suggest gets changed:
Remove youtube discussion (people mostly post in media anyway)
Remove live streams (or put it in general discussion)
Merge 'Support & Help', 'Bug Reports', 'Suggestions', and 'Donation Questions & Trades' as subforums of "Community Topics"
Put HL2RP Development into HL2RP
Get rid of TTT and TF2 (and minecraft? or is it being used still)

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Clean up the place.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 07:39:00 AM »
And get rid of Catalyst FM. Since we don't have that anymore anyways.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 11:14:21 AM »
Keep Minecraft, I'm working on getting it up still. Just making some performance adjustments.

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 07:58:14 PM »
Could toss a few servers that only take up space. IE Sandbox, and Cinema. Hardly ever see people on there. Save CG some dollars.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 08:13:41 PM »
Could toss a few servers that only take up space. IE Sandbox, and Cinema. Hardly ever see people on there. Save CG some dollars.
CG does not pay per server, we pay for a server box and run all of the servers off of it. We can host as many servers as the box will allow us to.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Clean up the place.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 08:38:59 PM »
CG does not pay per server, we pay for a server box and run all of the servers off of it. We can host as many servers as the box will allow us to.
Which is to say, infinite at the cost of performance.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 08:44:42 PM »
Cool, didn't know that. So then why did we take TTT, and other things like that down?

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 09:23:39 PM »
Cool, didn't know that. So then why did we take TTT, and other things like that down?

Alright, let me answer to these posts then I'm going to explain exactly how this works.

Sandbox and Cinema actually do have a purpose. They do get players, while not a lot, but that's not the reason they're there. They're there for testing new features and to troubleshoot problems with other servers. If they break, it's not a big deal. For reference, here's the past 1 month of players on Sandbox: Graph

As far as how we host servers, those above are correct. We pay for a single Windows dedicated server (From Limestone if you're curious) which is managed by Waffle and Myself. The devs have access to it and do their work on that dedicated server. Setting up a new server is as easy as copying the SRCDS base install from our common directory and setting it up with our management system. As far as putting up servers, it costs us nothing. SRCDS, without any players, takes up very little resources and generally doesn't effect the performance of others. The reason servers like OCRP2, TTT, Morbus, GMR, and more were taken offline is not because of cost or performance. The reason is that we need to maintain and administrate them.

If you play on HRP, you already know we have a hard time keeping the rules enforced during play, which is why we beg that you record the rule breaking and post a ban request. If we had more of these servers up it just means our admins need to spend more time on other servers, time we can't afford to spare. This is part of the idea behind the global /report system. The idea was that an admin could see a report from another server and quickly answer it or act from any server (or the forum, for that matter).

Lastly, as far as cleaning the forum boards goes, I would prefer not to delete anything. People that come by the forum from Google searches generally find answers to problems or pages that, would they be deleted, would go unanswered.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 10:42:02 PM »
Ok but what about organizing it and merging stuff as subforums?

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 10:36:55 PM »

pretty much all the shit that needs to go

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 11:09:16 PM »

In all seriousness, you could at least skim what I posted before. I don't want to delete stuff because it does nothing but hurt our search engine ranking. Is it really that big of a problem for you? You should see what Waffle and I see on the index. There's like 80 boards here.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 11:31:21 PM »

In all seriousness, you could at least skim what I posted before. I don't want to delete stuff because it does nothing but hurt our search engine ranking. Is it really that big of a problem for you? You should see what Waffle and I see on the index. There's like 80 boards here.

you get fucking mad quickly uh??? i struck a nerve uh???

w/e nigga.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 06:42:35 PM »

you get fucking mad quickly uh??? i struck a nerve uh???

w/e nigga.

one time i gave somone77 a link to a thread in spam over steam back when it was up, he got so mad that he cussed me out then proceeded to block me.

was completely worth it.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 07:25:21 PM »
I did? Huh, don't remember.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 08:00:22 PM »
Sounds like something you'd do though. Admit it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal