Author Topic: Less Income  (Read 3074 times)

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Less Income
« on: February 06, 2014, 12:04:25 PM »
So, I woke up today with the idea that what if there was less of an income to players in HL2RP. This would go for gold members, CCA units, CWU Units, and the idea of an income would act like a paycheck. So every week per say a income of 120 tokens would be issued out to every unit (OOC Time.) Now I know what your thinking about how it's a stupid idea. Hear me out here, the idea being is that lower ranked CCA Units, CWU, Gold Member Citizens all get this massive income from "somewhere." If there was less of an income it would create a sorta interesting game play. What with a lack of money certain CWU, or even CCA units could take bribes. Unlike before where a unit would have 23,000 Tokens, and a new citizen would have about 10.

If this went well we could even introduce a minor set of rent from the CWU. Every so often with a large player base the CWU would go door to door asking for the rent payment. I only suggest this because last time every person basically had enough tokens to asspull a castle of tokens. Would be nice to see less of them, and more of a troubling situation for the citizens in a financial way. Just a thought, I think it would be a interesting idea. How it would be done i'm not a 100% sure, but it can always be worked out.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Less Income
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 12:10:48 PM »
this wont work if gold members get 50k tokens

also theres nothing really to spend tokens on anyway so its not like people would want them that bad

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 12:39:07 PM »
yeah tokens compared to currencies in other gamemodes such as HRP and OCRP aren't that valuable, and the fact there isnt that much to spend it on plus most stuff doesnt cost much anyway in terms of tokens means we dont need a paycheck for tokens

also rations give 120 tokens if im not mistaken, or is it 60 or something

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 04:04:29 PM »
yeah tokens compared to currencies in other gamemodes such as HRP and OCRP aren't that valuable, and the fact there isnt that much to spend it on plus most stuff doesnt cost much anyway in terms of tokens means we dont need a paycheck for tokens

also rations give 120 tokens if im not mistaken, or is it 60 or something

It's 60 per ration, yeah.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 04:24:51 PM »
if certain reforms happened with the cwu, they could easily make tokens a valuable currency that could be used for stuff

it'll just take some doing, and not making it so people get 50k tokens because then there's no point, and tokens are worth nothing

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Less Income
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 04:40:34 PM »
if certain reforms happened with the cwu, they could easily make tokens a valuable currency that could be used for stuff

it'll just take some doing, and not making it so people get 50k tokens because then there's no point, and tokens are worth nothing
Tokens should be worth a lot more than they seem to be. In a civil opression-type scenario, every dollar counts.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 08:20:59 PM »
unless you have a supply and demand system (like a hungermod or something like that) then tokens that are introduced into the economy have no exit point and it results in inflation, which was last time where you had like people having 60k tokens but they were worth nothing

Offline Oh-Em-Gee

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 09:17:18 PM »
We could lessen the amount of tokens rations give you maybe, I think 60 is too much considering rations also give you food. You can buy lots of food for 60 tokens, so it's not at all struggle to get food.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 09:40:29 PM »
We could lessen the amount of tokens rations give you maybe, I think 60 is too much considering rations also give you food. You can buy lots of food for 60 tokens, so it's not at all struggle to get food.

not that much food, plus if you want the licenses to buy books etc it requires quite a bit of tokens

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 09:49:30 PM »
why dont we try not giving any tokens for flags etc and only have tokens gained from rations, give everyone a base amount and maybe some cca's would have a lot (dvls i mean) to give to their units and pay, and also to pay for supplies

like, for once, lets not spawn tokens out of thin air (yes thats literally what the flags do) so what if that's tough on underground AC dealers?? life is meant to be tough for those guys

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 10:48:45 PM »
life won't be tough on them, they'll just charge higher prices for goods which is how it should be

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 10:52:44 PM »
it's tougher than when anyone with lbm flags get tokens every few minutes

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 11:26:37 PM »
ya im for removing the salary income on all flags including low ranked cp units

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 08:42:55 AM »
Sounds fair to me.

That way the whole CCA thing actually seems like a job and the higher ranks pay their units X amount of wage to buy supplies for themselves and such. A functioning economy is a happy economy!

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal