FTB Ultimate 1.4.7
9 (56.3%)
Tekkit(Lite or Classic)
7 (43.8%)
Other modpack(Please state in thread)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: January 15, 2014, 02:29:07 PM

Author Topic: Minecraft Server Issues  (Read 13387 times)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Minecraft Server Issues
« on: January 10, 2014, 05:40:42 PM »
The modpack we were using, Direwolf20, was using way too much of the server box's CPU so we had to shut it down.

To fix this issue, we're going to have to change modpacks. Please choose one of the options above. Note: If Ultimate is chosen and is causing issues with MCPC+ and the plugins, we'll add the mod pack with the second most votes.

Note that the worlds will not be saved because some things that Direwolf20 added to the world may not be in the the new mod pack, thus causing errors. I will try to save Creative.

Offline ReillyP

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Minecraft Server Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 06:13:30 PM »
The modpack we were using, Direwolf20, was using way too much of the server box's CPU so we had to shut it down.

To fix this issue, we're going to have to change modpacks. Please choose one of the options above. Note: If Ultimate is chosen and is causing issues with MCPC+ and the plugins, we'll add the mod pack with the second most votes.

Note that the worlds will not be saved because some things that Direwolf20 added to the world may not be in the the new mod pack, thus causing errors. I will try to save Creative.

Mcpc+ does that, I suggest not using it with certain plugins.
I slay demon and demonic accessories.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 06:17:47 PM »

It must be used in order to install Bukkit plugins on a FTB server. We don't have many plugins, anyway, only ones needed for administrating the server or for Multiverse.

Offline ReillyP

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 08:26:49 PM »

It must be used in order to install Bukkit plugins on a FTB server. We don't have many plugins, anyway, only ones needed for administrating the server or for Multiverse.

Mcpc+ is not the only thing, bukkit forge/forge bukkit work aswell and I use them on my servers.
Mcpc+ causes too many glitches.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 08:54:22 PM »

Mcpc+ is not the only thing, bukkit forge/forge bukkit work aswell and I use them on my servers.
MCPC+ is based on spigot, and that right there just tells you it has better performance. Not to mention that when I first set up CG's MC server I tried out BukkitForge and the performance was crappy, so I stayed with MCPC+. MCPC+ is also compatible with more plugins.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 08:56:14 PM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline ReillyP

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 10:47:38 PM »

MCPC+ is based on spigot, and that right there just tells you it has better performance. Not to mention that when I first set up CG's MC server I tried out BukkitForge and the performance was crappy, so I stayed with MCPC+. MCPC+ is also compatible with more plugins.

It also conflicts with many plugins,  it strains the ram and takes  idel cpu % use up by about 5-10% however throttles do not go as high. Personally I would rather have lag spikes than constant small lag.

Offline Dethklok

• shit title
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 12:19:04 AM »
Tekkit classic plox. :D
HRP - Alex Holmes
Your friendly neighborhood administrator Deth. :D

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 12:57:44 AM »
has anyone considered just not having a mod pack and adding a few select mods that we need/want

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 01:03:14 AM »
has anyone considered just not having a mod pack and adding a few select mods that we need/want
That would be nice. imo we don't need 10+ mods, theres prolly around 5 or so that would be enough.

Offline ^0[GKBS] ^1Avo

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 02:26:34 AM »
TEKKIT CLASSIC PLEASE  :D

Catalyst Gaming

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Minecraft Server Issues
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 03:12:14 AM »

No because that means everyone who wants to play on the server has to go out of his way to manually google and download them all.
And knowing that no one cares to do that, the server will be empty as fuck.
FTB is simply plug&play.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 07:12:45 AM »

Yes please

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 07:53:25 AM »
ultimate was really fun and would like to see that return

Offline Tyrion The Anal Explorer

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 09:07:42 AM »
I don't understand how there's so many (Performance or normal) issues running a FTB server?

^^Credit to Dixon xD

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 10:02:51 AM »
I don't understand how there's so many (Performance or normal) issues running a FTB server?
When you're running a FTB server(Which is a RAM hog to begin with) on a server box that is also running multiple GMod servers, you don't have much room for performance on each server.

As for just having a few mods, I'd rather not do that. That means that anyone that wants to join our server will have to manually download and install the mods.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal