Author Topic: tutorial  (Read 1466 times)

Offline ReillyP

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
tutorial
« on: January 04, 2014, 04:41:28 AM »
A tutorial on this fourm or mandatory on the server will not only help players who want to emerge themselves in the RP as well as help LITE rp'er's adjust to something much heavier like this.
I slay demon and demonic accessories.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: tutorial
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 05:02:15 AM »
its really hard for an average ocrp/hrp player to just join hl2rp and know what to do, there used to be a nice general serious RP guide and there's usually a test-questionnaire thing that people have to answer but its hard to just "teach" serious rp

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 05:24:02 AM »
Why not just revise over the guides we used to have, then update them/edit them according to what is required.

also hi, i went off lurk mode
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 12:46:58 PM »
Why not just revise over the guides we used to have, then update them/edit them according to what is required.

also hi, i went off lurk mode

Lurking...still lurking...

But this, pmuch. Also, tbh, the join quiz is utterly pointless. I've never once in my life of playing Serious Roleplay saw anyone get kicked for answering them incorrectly and even at that, after they join, people still don't abide by the content in them anyway. wat do.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 02:42:49 PM »
I've seen people get booted for the quiz lol. This style of serious RP is too subjective to be taught through a practical tutorial. Most of it is theory.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 05:06:07 AM »
The best way really is to just learn things yourself while you go at it.

I very much remember my first days on HL2RP. I had no idea what the purpose was and I had no idea what serious RP actually meant. I just joined the server, and started to explore and ask people around for help to get started.

At first it seems really boring. Since all you THINK you are doing is just walking around and talking to other people. But as soon as you get to the point of understanding how to develop your character through serious RP, it starts to be really fun.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal