Author Topic: Cremator faction  (Read 2517 times)

Offline [TJR] Hazza56

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Cremator faction
« on: January 03, 2014, 05:39:26 PM »
I think there should be a cremator faction in CG HL2RP.
What are cremators?
http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Cremator
Of course you would need to make an application, but that's fairly obvious is it not?
The whitelist would be mostly PassiveRP, because as the wiki says they are basically janitors but with big ass flamethrowers.
They would only be able to use their Immolators in SELF DEFENSE, as they are clearly not made to fight.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:42:32 PM by [LP] XmasMelvin56 »

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Cremator faction
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 06:41:26 PM »
I think it would be better if they weren't armed. Giant weirdos with acid guns is a little cheesy, at least, in my book. Maybe instead, the Cremators could come and collect the body, and bring it somewhere for disposal?

Benefits would include providing Civilians a little bit of a show, allowing some passive roleplay for those playing the Cremators, and hauling their body off to places unknown would add to the enigmatic demeanor of the Combine, instead of adding more to the brutal side that we would see everyday in the CCA and OTA. It could also provide a neat opportunity for possible resistance roleplay: while a unit stands guard by a corpse waiting for Creepy-Cremator, it would be an ample time for an ambush.
I'm a fag

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 09:47:31 PM »
If this faction were to come in effect, it wouldn't be until after we get things rolling and have a good player base.

Offline [TJR] Hazza56

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 07:46:16 AM »
I think it would be better if they weren't armed. Giant weirdos with acid guns is a little cheesy, at least, in my book. Maybe instead, the Cremators could come and collect the body, and bring it somewhere for disposal?

Benefits would include providing Civilians a little bit of a show, allowing some passive roleplay for those playing the Cremators, and hauling their body off to places unknown would add to the enigmatic demeanor of the Combine, instead of adding more to the brutal side that we would see everyday in the CCA and OTA. It could also provide a neat opportunity for possible resistance roleplay: while a unit stands guard by a corpse waiting for Creepy-Cremator, it would be an ample time for an ambush.

the whole point is that theyre SUPPOSED to burn the bodies
1. they're clearly too weak to carry bodies
2. the acid gun is part of the model (hl2 beta snpcs, could use that) so theres probably no way to remove it, its obviously not able to be used, hence the RP part, the cremator would do the /me's and /it's then use a remover tool to get rid of the body (since the body is disintegrated)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 08:19:41 AM »
pretty sure it was suggested multiple times to have cremators in hl2rp before but they were all denied for a reason

i personally think it looks out of place especially since they were only in the hl2 beta and cut from the game and i dont understand why we would need to burn bodies in the street anyway, we could get conscripts to carry the bodies into a furnace

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 04:34:13 PM »
pretty sure it was suggested multiple times to have cremators in hl2rp before but they were all denied for a reason

i personally think it looks out of place especially since they were only in the hl2 beta and cut from the game and i dont understand why we would need to burn bodies in the street anyway, we could get conscripts to carry the bodies into a furnace

I remember this being suggested many times also, and I just never had a grip on how it made sense. People walking around with acid guns to dissolve bodies about the streets? Seem's a bit strange to just see on of those guy's walking around. And most of the time (for some odd reason) the CCA are usually not too busy for the extraction of a corpse anyways.

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 07:51:02 PM »
They were about a week from being implemented by Veran before stuff happened.

Anyway, discussed it last night and my opinion is basically that the RP that they can do is VERY limited.
End of the day, all that the cremators do is /me burns trash and the like. It's not immersive RP and will lead to the faction being redundant after the first few hours of use, when the novelty of I HAVE A FLAMETHROWER wears off.

Although an interesting faction to observe and discuss, the possibilities for RP are extremely limited, and dangerous if people get bored with a flamethrower, which would happen more than you will imagine probably.

Oh, and good luck finding a high quality playermodel, I hunted for hours.

Edit: Never mind, seems like someone has a very HQ one with this mod, wouldn't be that hard to convert fully I guess.. http://www.moddb.com/mods/missing-information/images/cremator-final
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 07:53:06 PM by Kiwiee »
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal