Author Topic: Introducing: Harbor Roleplay 2  (Read 8188 times)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Introducing: Harbor Roleplay 2
« on: November 29, 2013, 06:04:08 PM »

(Logo is temporary)

Why HRP2?
HRP as it stands is almost 3 years old, and to be honest the code is old, outdated, inefficient, and messy. A fresh gamemode built from the ground up is what is needed for better, faster updates and performance. The current HRP isn't necessarily future proof, and that is one of the main goals of HRP2. Being able to add vehicles, NPCs, items, and other great parts of the gamemode with efficiency and speed will allow us to push out more updates with less bugs. Who doesn't like shiny new things, anyway?

Public Development
No, this does not mean the community will be contributing code. What this means is that a public HRP2 Development board will be available to the community so we can get valuable input on what players did and didn't like in HRP, along with what they would love to see in HRP2. Community input is vital for a successful gamemode and we can't wait to hear what everyone wants to see in HRP2!

What's Planned
Harbor Roleplay is a lite roleplaying gamemode, so the gamemode will still be derived from Sandbox(It will have Sandbox functions such as the spawn menu). We plan on adding a vast amount of features that have been suggested by the community for HRP1, however we would still love to hear what you guys would like added in HRP2.

ETA
There is no ETA as of yet. The gamemode has yet to begin development and both Nick and I have our fair share of work to finish on the current HRP servers. Why mention HRP2 if we have work to do on HRP1? Well, we want the community's input what HRP2 should be like. We want to begin planning ASAP.

Beta Test
There will more than likely be one, however whether it's VIP+ or open to everyone is unknown right now. We may start off with VIP+ for up to a week, then after that we can open it up to the community.

Vehicles, Inventories, Money, Etc
Gone. It is a completely new gamemode that will contain a bunch of new content. The gamemode will be created from the ground up, not an edited version the current HRP.

Harbor Roleplay 1
The current HRP servers will remain maintained, however updates will be slower and smaller than usual. We would like to devote a lot of our coding time to working on HRP2 so we can get it done promptly, however carefully with well written, efficient code. If a major bug or exploit pops up on the current HRP servers we will make that our top priority and get it fixed ASAP.

Head on over to the HRP2 Public Development Board to suggest new features and get updates on what we're currently working on!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 07:01:17 PM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline Sambolinski

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Introducing: Harbor Roleplay 2
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 06:11:46 PM »
Hi, I have a question.

1. Will all our vehicles and items be saved on the new HRP2 or not? I hope so as I'm saving for skycrane

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 06:12:45 PM »
Hi, I have a question.

1. Will all our vehicles and items be saved on the new HRP2 or not? I hope so as I'm saving for skycrane
Probably not as it'll be a whole new gamemode.

Offline Sambolinski

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 06:14:47 PM »
Hi, I have a question.

Probably not as it'll be a whole new gamemode.

Oh, Will there be completely new vehicles or will it be the same vehicles aswell

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 06:18:37 PM »
Oh, Will there be completely new vehicles or will it be the same vehicles aswell
Maybe you misunderstood...

NOTHING will be taken from HRP.
HRP2 is going to be a COMPLETE NEW gamemode, made entirely from sketch. No update from HRP, no nothing.
So MAYBE it might have a few things the same as HRP, but that's just a blind guess. We are trying to do everything as organized and stable as possible. (Which HRP isn't even close at.) Hence, who knows if you see similar things from HRP, or entirely new things... It's all up to the community input. As that is what we are looking for mostly!
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 07:44:16 PM »
Maybe you misunderstood...

NOTHING will be taken from HRP.
HRP2 is going to be a COMPLETE NEW gamemode, made entirely from sketch. No update from HRP, no nothing.
So MAYBE it might have a few things the same as HRP, but that's just a blind guess. We are trying to do everything as organized and stable as possible. (Which HRP isn't even close at.) Hence, who knows if you see similar things from HRP, or entirely new things... It's all up to the community input. As that is what we are looking for mostly!
As Wake said, HRP has been around for ~3 years. This means people have ~3 years worth of stuff.

No one's going to abandon that in favor of new stuff that could just as easily be put on the current HRP.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 07:58:44 PM »
We'd rather see HRP2 as a new start. We're not guaranteeing everything from HRP1 will be in HRP2.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 08:06:21 PM »
We'd rather see HRP2 as a new start. We're not guaranteeing everything from HRP1 will be in HRP2.
I'm not disagreeing; I'll be playing it loads (albeit less than OCRP2's re-release). However, it would need quite a bit of work in order for people to play it.
READY AYE READY

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 08:09:21 PM »
It's a completely new gamemode. It'll still have the same theme as HRP and some features such as fishing, however it will have a bunch of unique features.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 08:52:05 PM »
that could just as easily be put on the current HRP.

just as easily?
Of course not...
Since HRP2 will be completely new and not linked to HRP whatsoever, it will have things which HRP does not have. And it will have things NOT which HRP does have.
So moving over your stuff from HRP does NOT work, since it is simply completely different.

See it as you trying to move over all your guns and rank from BF3 to BF4. Because you worked so hard for it. That won't work either because it is simply completely different...

Idk what Waffle's plans are once HRP2 gets finished. But perhaps we will keep HRP up and running along side of HRP2. So it's not like you lose anything at all.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 09:17:26 PM »
Heads up: We'll either keep HRP online when this is done(which is going to be a while) or provide compensation for donations, so don't worry about wasting your money.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Sambolinski

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 04:38:15 AM »
Heads up: We'll either keep HRP online when this is done(which is going to be a while) or provide compensation for donations, so don't worry about wasting your money.

Oh few, Thanks because I just donated 4000 credits and I'm saving for the last vehicle.
It would be a shame if I had to restart.

Offline Royal.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 07:33:04 AM »
I bought a lot of money using CG Credits, will i loose all that? or can they be refunded into the new HRP? Since i dont want to waste my money on a dead server,since everyone would play the new one

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Introducing: Harbor Roleplay 2
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2013, 09:33:55 AM »
I bought a lot of money using CG Credits, will i loose all that? or can they be refunded into the new HRP? Since i dont want to waste my money on a dead server,since everyone would play the new one
If you read threads before asking things, you would have your answer before you even asked it ;) aka 2 posts up from yours.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Introducing: Harbor Roleplay 2
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2013, 10:54:03 AM »
Does "compensation" mean full coverage of what we payed for, or...

[Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.]

READY AYE READY

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal