Author Topic: The explorer program  (Read 3703 times)

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The explorer program
« on: October 08, 2013, 04:20:01 PM »
Well ugh.. For the past few years I have wanted to be a fire fighter. I have talked to multiple fire cheifs in my area and learned a lot. I just learned there's an explorer program which u can join and they should be calling me soon to tell me more. What do you guys know about the job and any advice before I go off? I realy could use it right now.

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The explorer program
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 06:05:32 PM »
Be prepared to handle critical stress situations and get in shape. KJUN should be able to give you loads of info too as he's a FF.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 10:14:09 PM »
Join the explorers and don't quit. Eat right, get in shape. And not just in shape, but IN SHAPE. Your body becomes the most important thing when being a firemen. You need it to be ready for anything, and it can't fail on you, or-else you can get yourself, or other people seriously injured. If your not in shape you are only setting yourself up for failure. Stress is in the job, days when you'll be cool and relaxed, but stress builds and that can be a problem. Get your mind right, and be professional and be a leader. in the explorers you find out out bad you really want to be a firemen. If you want it bad enough, you'll become one. No need to get worked up about it, just stay relaxed, and work through each problem one at a time. In training they will try to get you worked up, in a panic etc etc. don't listen to them. you know what you have to do, and you know how to do it, so just follow through. There will be nights/days when you want to sleep, but your going to have to set that aside and push through and study.

Heres a vid that got me through most/ if not all hard times I've ever had with getting EMT/FF certs.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM_7j6t9IyU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM_7j6t9IyU</a>

Any questions feel free to Pm on here. If you want to talk in TS3 PM a time and we'll get something going.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 10:55:20 PM »
Thanks for the advice, I'll send you a pm later and well meet some time, I'm getting a call from the cheif or someone ether tommorro or the day after about it.  Thanks!

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 10:56:44 PM »
Wat. Why you no send me that video before??? Makes me wanna read and memorize all my ETG's now lol...

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 11:12:40 PM »
Special thanks to kjun for the advice, at the near end of our talk the Lt in charge if the program decided to call me. After a couple hours of talking I'm in the program now!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal