Author Topic: Admin Applications/Trusted Applications (Important)  (Read 3648 times)

Offline Jake

• View Profile
    • Awards
Admin Applications/Trusted Applications (Important)
« on: August 10, 2013, 09:17:04 AM »
Alright, i am throwing my self in at the deep end here, as there is no slow way of going round this, throughout my time on the server(Harbour RP) I have noticed that there is huge amounts of RDMing, Prop spamming, and generally breaking every rule in the book, and it's ridiculous, how can you expect to play the game, with a guy shooting you to the left and someone hitting you with a barrel to the left? At least twice a day, there is a serious prop spammer, causing a lot of lag and sometimes crashing the server(From what i have noticed) When the server crashes, obviously, you loose all your things, which is stupid. So what i am getting at here, is that there simply isn't anough admins, i have only ever seem two admins, the owner, and another i can't remember. With the lack of admins, these rule breakers are free to do what they please, ruining the game for everyone else, as there is no one to stop them. Now what you will all be calling is "/report man!" And other things, but I, and many others, have gone to notice that /report really doesn't stand up to it's name, the 5 or so instances i have reported, have all been lost and nothing has been done, as i see the same person, doing the same thing, the very next day. So /report, does nothing, and you will all try to back it up and say it does, like the owner was convinced it does, and i mean, How would you know? You don't use it, meaning you don't see it's outcome. I used to own a server my self, a classic DarkRP Server, we had a great community, good admins, who were consistant, and played every single day, I made sure there was always at least, one admin on, putting rule breakers in their place. If anyone offended, they were kicked, and then banned for a second offence, exept on severe cases. This whole post is building up to the Request for "Admin/Trusted Applications", And before you moan this is for personal gain, it isn't, i have no intention of being an admin, i just want to play and enjoy my self. With the applications, you first must become trusted, using the application, you will need a certain amount of play time, and at least to referals from admins (Meaning the current admins need to play more) Then you will become trusted, with trusted, you may kick people, fly, and use the phys gun to pick people up. Then after you have been trusted for a certain amount of time, and gone to show you can be, well, "Trusted", you may apply for admin, you will need so many hours of play time, and more referals from the other admins. I know you will all be sitting there, thinking you know best for your server, and some random doesn't know anything, but on a serious note, this will considerably improve your servers community. So, i hope you enjoyed reading this, and hopefully will take it into account, although i expect the opposite. Adios.

-Jake

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Admin Applications/Trusted Applications (Important)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 09:53:36 AM »
there is no point is having a "trusted" rank, either you can handle the powers of admin or you cant

Admin applications could work out and I dont know why they arnt implemented yet but we really dont need "moderator" or "trusted" ranks

Offline Jake

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 10:17:53 AM »
Trusted ranks give you the final step, meaning you can really see if they are admin worthy, as someone could play for a long time and make friends with one admin, and secretly be a rule breaker or what not, trying to get powers to abuse. Trusted just gives that little bit more protection, and narrows down the amount of admin applications, else you would be flooded with people trying to get power.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 10:26:43 AM »
with trusted, you may kick people, fly, and use the phys gun to pick people up.

No.

If you are trusted enough to kick, observe and use the phys gun for lawfully inhibiting a player's movement, your title should be admin.

25. Do not make threads suggesting that we should "find more admins" or start admin applications or anything else of the sort. Those threads, seen in any board, will be instantly locked or removed. There have been several discussions about this.

I'm not going to grace the rest of your points with more counter-arguments because the thread is in violation of a forum rule.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal