Author Topic: Question/Can we make a deal  (Read 4020 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Question/Can we make a deal
« on: August 01, 2013, 11:40:44 PM »
"You are NOT allowed to offer ingame cash for items/games not involving Catalyst Gaming (Such as ingame cash for steam games or ingame cash in another community.)"

So I read this, but what if I gave, let's say, 10% of the real life money transfered is donated to CG? I am just interested if this would work or not, and I completely understand if it's a no. I am just thinking of a way for a win win situation.

Edit: If you, the admins/owners, were curious as to what I was going to do, it was GMR cash for a beta key for a game on steam.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 11:43:19 PM by Cow ??¦? ???°??? ???? ???°???¤ »
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Question/Can we make a deal
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 11:54:46 PM »
Are you offering the game or the cash?

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 11:58:53 PM »
I am offering the game for the cash. If we can work out this agreement, perhaps one of the owners or you could be the middleman for the transaction?

Edit: Keep in mind that I don't want real life cash, I want GMR cash.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 01:30:10 AM »
I'll ask waffle. It is a bit of an oddity as you are offering the game for the cash and not the other way around.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 04:17:32 PM »
The first quote/line in OP already answers your question.
You are trying to obtain GMR cash with steam games/keys/discounts/whatever which has nothing to do with CG, hence it would probably not be allowed. Which way around doesn't matter as it's always one user who offers the cash and the other who offers the games/etc.

It's pretty simple, AFAIK the only allowed transactions are:
- Ingame cash for ingame cash
- Ingame cash for VIP/GM
- VIP/GM for Ingame cash
(CG credits are not listed as it is not possible to directly transfer them.)
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 04:53:33 PM »
The first quote/line in OP already answers your question.
You are trying to obtain GMR cash with steam games/keys/discounts/whatever which has nothing to do with CG, hence it would probably not be allowed. Which way around doesn't matter as it's always one user who offers the cash and the other who offers the games/etc.

It's pretty simple, AFAIK the only allowed transactions are:
- Ingame cash for ingame cash
- Ingame cash for VIP/GM
- VIP/GM for Ingame cash
(CG credits are not listed as it is not possible to directly transfer them.)

That's why I'm trying to make a deal here. I was figuring that the gmr cash I would get, I'd convert it to credits, then to money, and give 10 o/o to CG. I'm trying to figure out a way to do it, but I'm thinking that's the best way to go.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 05:09:33 PM »
fairly certain you cant convert gmr cash to credits

edit: and i highly doubt rofl will let you turn cg credits into real currency
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 05:11:13 PM by Teitoku Ippan »

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 05:22:51 PM »
fairly certain you cant convert gmr cash to credits

edit: and i highly doubt rofl will let you turn cg credits into real currency

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. It's like converting dollars to euro's, sorta. I will figure out the amount of money it would be worth, and give 10o/o of that to CG. Real money.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 06:45:03 PM »
I dont even get what you are trying to do here, but it sounds really stupid if it is what I think it is.

First you are trying to trade your steam game/key to GMR cash (which is already not allowed) and then you try to "sell" that GMR cash for real money? In other words you are trying to sell your steam games back for real money but in a really weird and stupid way.

Aint gonna work that way mate.
If you need money, go find a job.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 07:31:29 PM »
It's a rule, I don't see why any special circumstances should be made for a small 10% profit. Highly doubt Rofl will allow this, because if he does, everyone will be wanting special permissions.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 07:46:25 PM »
I dont even get what you are trying to do here, but it sounds really stupid if it is what I think it is.

First you are trying to trade your steam game/key to GMR cash (which is already not allowed) and then you try to "sell" that GMR cash for real money? In other words you are trying to sell your steam games back for real money but in a really weird and stupid way.

You are missing what I am trying to say. I will sell the game for GMR cash. I will then figure out how much that would have been worth with real life money (I already said how in my earlier post) and give 10% of that to CG. CG makes some money, someone gets a game they want, and I get GMR cash. Everyone wins.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Question/Can we make a deal
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 01:53:44 AM »

You are missing what I am trying to say. I will sell the game for GMR cash. I will then figure out how much that would have been worth with real life money (I already said how in my earlier post) and give 10% of that to CG. CG makes some money, someone gets a game they want, and I get GMR cash. Everyone wins.

I didnt understand what you mean ay first because you were simply confusing as fuck. But I understand now. Basically you want to bypass the rules by giving 10% of the game value to roflwaffle so in other words you are trying to buy GMR cash with a steam game and only 10% of what its originally gonna cost you.

Good luck with that. T.T

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal