Author Topic: Give outlands another try?  (Read 9710 times)

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Give outlands another try?
« on: August 01, 2013, 01:58:57 PM »
There really isn't much to say about it since the title is really all i have to say, but if it is possible to bring an outlands server back on CG then i would like to see if people support it or not.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Give outlands another try?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 02:10:10 PM »
but who is left at cg to play hl2rp

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 02:32:09 PM »
but who is left at cg to play hl2rp
I said the same thing with GMR once.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 03:09:31 PM »
A vast majority of our serious RP playerbase jumped ship after HL2RP was shut down.  Bringing Outlands back is not going to bring them back as they have already said that HL2RP is stale and over-saturated.  As far as I know, Rofl is not planning on adding another serious RP server unless it has a completely original premise.  This means Half Life 2 RP and Fallout: NV RP are all out the window.

For a time, we tossed around the idea of an Elder Scrolls RP, but nobody could agree on it.  Plus, if we ever did come together and decide we wanted it badly enough, we'd need people to recode Clockwork, others to find/code player models, and lots of other little things that no one seemed willing to step up to.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 03:11:53 PM »
A vast majority of our serious RP playerbase jumped ship after HL2RP was shut down.  Bringing Outlands back is not going to bring them back as they have already said that HL2RP is stale and over-saturated.  As far as I know, Rofl is not planning on adding another serious RP server unless it has a completely original premise.  This means Half Life 2 RP and Fallout: NV RP are all out the window.

For a time, we tossed around the idea of an Elder Scrolls RP, but nobody could agree on it.  Plus, if we ever did come together and decide we wanted it badly enough, we'd need people to recode Clockwork, others to find/code player models, and lots of other little things that no one seemed willing to step up to.

elder scrolls rp might get depopulated fast once ESO comes out

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 03:28:29 PM »
I talked to someone about having a modern day script for clockwork. Kinda like ocrp2 but it's clockwork

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 04:05:11 PM »
I talked to someone about having a modern day script for clockwork. Kinda like ocrp2 but it's clockwork

that would also be interesting to do but i doubt we have many serious roleplayers left in the community anymore since hl2rp went down

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 05:56:45 PM »
no to any type of serious roleplay original or not. CG has been so much better off since we got rid of it.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 07:50:49 PM »
no to any type of serious roleplay original or not. CG has been so much better off since we got rid of it.
Well let's just keep going with this rockford thing then, because as far as gmod is right now im fucking bored to shit.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 08:40:13 AM »
I miss the days of serious RP, meaning hl2rp. But it is true that ever since it was shut down, drama here has reduced by like.. 100%.

Besides HL2RP dying out here, it was the cause of all the communitys problems in the end, and it is probably for the best that we dont get another serious rp server because I can just feel it will turn out the same way. While serious RP is good and all, it is just not worth the problems it will bring along.

If OCRP gets populated again, that is probably going to be the most serious server. Havnt seen any major issues arise from that.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 09:54:25 AM »
HL2RP had a good run, but it's just not a viable option to keep reviving it unfortunately.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 12:16:56 PM »
The CCA created a shit load of drama, outlands did too but not as much as CCA.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 06:25:40 PM »

elder scrolls rp might get depopulated fast once ESO comes out

pretty much yeah

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 08:24:14 AM »
As for saying no to any form of serious rp, I will give you my honest opinion. HL2RP is starting to get more and more popular, and also a lot of other serious rp gamemodes. To tell you what I've been noticing, HRP is going down, slowly losing players. It's not my decision, but I think you should stay ahead of the game and try out other gamemodes.
To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 08:43:36 AM »
As for saying no to any form of serious rp, I will give you my honest opinion. HL2RP is starting to get more and more popular, and also a lot of other serious rp gamemodes. To tell you what I've been noticing, HRP is going down, slowly losing players. It's not my decision, but I think you should stay ahead of the game and try out other gamemodes.
Why you have HL2RP? Waste of time.

Jk..

Yes they may be increasing in popularity but HL2RP is old and stale for the rest of us. It hasn't much to offer after we've milked it for 2 years. Not to mention if other servers are becoming popular, whats to make ours popular? People are already preoccupied on other servers with the exact same story. I'd rather see a original story or at least a story that hasn't been done before.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal