Author Topic: Sleep Paralysis  (Read 7619 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sleep Paralysis
« on: July 27, 2013, 09:36:08 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Has anyone else had experiences with this? Stories? Anything to do with sleep paralysis, go.

Story time from cow...

This happened to me about ~5 or so times. All of which happened in a short time span, I'd say within a month of each other. The first time, which was the worst out of all of them, I was laying in bed at my old place, and I woke up. I couldn't move at all, and I felt this surge of terror and fear just rush through me. If fear was "converted" to pain, when I broke my arm it didn't hurt as near as bad. I then was seeing things, things that you'd see in a dream (Hallucinating is common if you've ever gone through sleep paralysis). It was some sort of a shadow or a ghost, moving towards me. It lasted about ~4 seconds, which seemed like an hour when it was happening. I couldn't move a single muscle in my body, which scared me even more. The times after that it were less scary, and weren't as bad as the first, and I don't remember the order that they happened after the first so I'll just name a few. One was were I was laying in my bed at my new home, with my hands at my sides. I could move my eyes, but nothing else, not even my mouth. As with the first one, you feel a random surge of terror and fear go through your body, but this time it wasn't as bad. I tried making noises, like rumbling your throat, because I was just scared (If you couldn't move a muscle in your body, you would be too). Another time it wasn't even scary at all. I just woke up unable to move, and I kept thinking like "what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck" because my arms wouldn't move. I was a little frightened, but this was the least scary out of all the experiences I've had. After a few seconds I was good again.

They weren't good experiences though, they are extremely scary. Post 'jo stories everyone, or ask me about it :~)
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Sleep Paralysis
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 11:48:35 AM »
I used to get these a lot. Sort of. Maybe like once every month or two. Not as severe as to feeling pain, but definitely scaring the shit outta me. I could wake up, look around the room with my eyes, but hallucinate shadows and shapes and infinite distances. Cant really explain it...

They stopped occurring around the age of 15.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 12:25:44 PM »
I remember looking it up on youtube a while ago and I can tell you I NEVER want to experience it and it's something that I sometimes think about. It seems like one of the most terrifying experiences you can endure in the most severe cases.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hky0kj2u1o" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hky0kj2u1o</a>
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline [VG] Titan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 05:08:02 PM »
When this occures try holding your breath. It should wake you up almost instantly or well atleast it did for me. And also try to avoid sleeping on your back from what Ive been told (May or May not be true) It can increase the chances of sleep paralysis occuring.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 12:13:08 PM »
When this occures try holding your breath. It should wake you up almost instantly or well atleast it did for me. And also try to avoid sleeping on your back from what Ive been told (May or May not be true) It can increase the chances of sleep paralysis occurring.
Unfortunately, sleeping on your back is the best body alignment and f you do a lot of lifting in your job, is how you should sleep.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 02:18:59 AM »
I remember responding to a call for this (we thinking it was RISP) Turned out it was a tumor that was causing partial paralyzation (found by the Dr. not us) being were it was (his spine). Was interesting though, reading through some of your posts, and all.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 04:04:53 AM »
I've had that a couple times. The hallucination was some one was bellowing at me and I could't move for like fifteen seconds. But I was so loaded on drugs that it could have been coming down off an OD or actual sleep paralysis. Dunno and don't want to experience it again. It was scary, felt so real. like he wanted to murder me.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 07:25:04 AM »
I've had that a couple times. The hallucination was some one was bellowing at me and I could't move for like fifteen seconds. But I was so loaded on drugs that it could have been coming down off an OD or actual sleep paralysis. Dunno and don't want to experience it again. It was scary, felt so real. like he wanted to murder me.

Prolly the drugs depending on what it was. If its causing something similar to sleep paralysis you should really stop doing them. While sleep paralysis has no physical affect and it can't hurt you, it can still hurt you mentally.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 08:14:02 PM »

Prolly the drugs depending on what it was. If its causing something similar to sleep paralysis you should really stop doing them. While sleep paralysis has no physical affect and it can't hurt you, it can still hurt you mentally.

it was an insane amount of perscrip anti depressants. (suicide attempt) a lot of weird shit happened on that. anyway, you might want to see a psychiatrist for sleep paralysis. it's a parasomnia disorder, you can proply get meds for it.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 01:14:48 AM »

I grew out of it so idk it might just be a phase or whatever people like to call it.

it was an insane amount of perscrip anti depressants. (suicide attempt) a lot of weird shit happened on that. anyway, you might want to see a psychiatrist for sleep paralysis. it's a parasomnia disorder, you can proply get meds for it.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 04:38:25 AM »

Sleep paralysis is actually fairly common, chances are it will happen to everyone at least once in their lifetimes. No point in that, and at least if it happens to me again it won't be so bad.

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 03:16:43 PM »
I had this happen once I don't know if it can happen to me at that age but I was alike 6ish.. I wake up and couldn't move.. Thought I was dead or something.. Is it possible for it to happen that young?

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 03:17:52 PM »
I had this happen once I don't know if it can happen to me at that age but I was alike 6ish.. I wake up and couldn't move.. Thought I was dead or something.. Is it possible for it to happen that young?
Yeah that's probably about the time they started for me.

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 01:05:52 AM »
Yeah that's probably about the time they started for me.

Probally the scariest fucking thing ever.. I finally woke up and cried for like 2 hours god I wish I don't remember the feeling not even able to cry out for help... It was just plain fucking scary... God I hope I grew out of it... I don't want this to happen again.

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline Dethklok

• shit title
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 01:38:52 AM »
Fuck, I thought I was losing my fucking mind!

This happens a lot with me and I am starting to tear up right now as I'm typing this because I am remembering it.

Yours is a bit different then mine, but I go to sleep and for some reason I open my eyes and all of the sudden my body goes cold numb and all i can move is my eyes. It feels like a heavy weight is on my chest and then it comes. :'( This is where it gets fucked up.

The first time this happened I was all alone in my house and I tried going to sleep and i ended up opening my eyes and all that happened, but then something was opening my door and all i saw was a dark hooded figure and i held my breath and i wont up. I was so terrified that every night since then I lock my door to my room.

But the second time it was worse. I have a window right above my head and the second time this happened my eyes were forced open and i couldnt even blink, but something started creeping in right above my head and it was reaching for my eyes and all i remember is searing pain in my head and then i woke up with a nasty fucking headache.

I don't know what this shit is or what it means (if anything), but to me it feels like death wants me and he is scaring the shit out of me. This happens to me about twice a week and it has been happening for about a year now, but every dream is a new fucking terror. One was hundreds of snakes crawling around me and biting me and when i woke up i had reddish blisters/bubbles all over. Another was a saw blade slowly making its way toward my shoulders from the webbing of my fingers and i felt the blade ripping through all the muscle and tissue all the way up my forearm and elbows and shit. Blood was flying everywhere.

One this is common though in all of the dreams is that that figure that i saw that first night is always somewhere in them watching me. I never see his face, but I feel like I know him. 

Maybe I am a damned psychopath :\ But yeah its fucking scary as all hell and there isn't a damn thing you can do. Your whole body is paralyzed.
HRP - Alex Holmes
Your friendly neighborhood administrator Deth. :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal