Author Topic: OCRP2 and You  (Read 16067 times)

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OCRP2 and You
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2013, 06:35:04 PM »
No matter how many cars you add, or whatever else. People just grew over OCRP. It has lasted for a good 4-5 years now and it has been enough. Time to move on to new games. And with that I may as well mean new GAMES. And not just gamemodes on gmod.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2013, 06:47:40 PM »
Please show your opinion on the survey and do us all a favor and stop bickering in this thread.

I don't know if you're saying this towards me or others, but nothing in the thread is bickering. It's all on topic and constructive. If someone kept bickering then I'm sure an admin would have dealt with it already.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Cogley

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2013, 07:37:27 PM »
No matter how many cars you add, or whatever else. People just grew over OCRP. It has lasted for a good 4-5 years now and it has been enough. Time to move on to new games. And with that I may as well mean new GAMES. And not just gamemodes on gmod.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
That is not the problem, people grow over the games and new players come in, OCRP is the funnest gamemode i have ever played on GMOD.. All it needs is updates and admins to relax, admins were ban happy and barely gave warnings. To me that is one of the main reasons people have stopped playing, that is why i have

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2013, 08:53:26 PM »
I don't know what did it in for me but I put in a good 450 hours on OCRP 1.5 yet only 50 in OCRP2. I honestly don't know, maybe I just got tired of it.

I took the survey and answered as truthfully as I could.

Offline HAWK

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2013, 09:46:04 PM »
 All it needs is updates and admins to relax, admins were ban happy and barely gave warnings. To me that is one of the main reasons people have stopped playing, that is why i have
[/quote]

I Totally agree, First day, I Bunny hopped away from a Cop once and FailRPed my Accident, Got Permaed, First offence on the server.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2013, 09:55:00 PM »
All it needs is updates and admins to relax, admins were ban happy and barely gave warnings. To me that is one of the main reasons people have stopped playing, that is why i have

I Totally agree, First day, I Bunny hopped away from a Cop once and FailRPed my Accident, Got Permaed, First offence on the server.
[/quote]
Highly doubt you got perma'd just for that, that was definitely more to it.

But yeah, admins were neglecting to get on the server. Mainly due to stress and causing us to just get mad in real life, but hopefully we can get it changed.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2013, 12:31:41 PM »
I can confirm that admins went way too far with punishments most of the time and never even bothered using the warning system

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2013, 01:30:31 PM »
I can confirm that admins went way too far with punishments most of the time and never even bothered using the warning system
Because of the huge amount of butthurt that was going on the server on a daily basis about people spamming /a with other people breaking rules.
And most of the time whoever was breaking rules was a little kid that had no idea what he was doing. And if you ever let them go with a warning, they just do it again by try not to get caught this time.
So honestly, punishing them with a ban was your only option.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2013, 02:24:51 PM »
I pulled almost everyone up to let them know what was going on. And most of the time it would be a misunderstanding so based on their time here and warnings, I would give justfully give judgement. Most of the time it would be a warning and force rules because they were new. And guess what, after forcing rules I usually didnt have to see them ever again.

Granted there are the times I give someone a warning and they break the rule not 5 minutes later and complain about their ban but really, there's people like that and if they want to be like that then whatever. They can expect a perma soon.

Offline Kasatka ???

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2013, 07:34:52 PM »
I am also one to give warning rather than just ban strait off. Although even if I do ban, I talk to them first so they know why they are ban. Hell even when talking to them I tell them to take their ban time and use it reading the rules so they don't get ban again. I do everything in my power to help people, some people just don't want it or think they are the high authority.
Keep it quiet and they won't know what killed them.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2013, 01:30:15 AM »
"Admins were ban happy" Cute... make a AC about? Honestly why complain about admins when we dont complain about players... No player deserves more then 2 warnings for breaking server rules when its there fault in the first place for breaking them... Yeah we have to at-least talk to the player before we ban them IE warn, but do we really need to tell you more then once to stop breaking the same rule over and over.

Back on topic, wondering what the polls are from this vote, very curious as to what players said.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2013, 01:54:59 AM »
"Admins were ban happy" Cute... make a AC about? Honestly why complain about admins when we dont complain about players... No player deserves more then 2 warnings for breaking server rules when its there fault in the first place for breaking them... Yeah we have to at-least talk to the player before we ban them IE warn, but do we really need to tell you more then once to stop breaking the same rule over and over.

Back on topic, wondering what the polls are from this vote, very curious as to what players said.
This attitude, sadly, is the exact reason OCRP is dead right now. Most of the complaints we have are people complaining about banhappy administrators, which regardless of the bans being justified or not, is the reason we have no population. We tried to have a more serious approach compared to OCRP 1.5, with the same community that played OCRP 1.5. Not sure why we overlooked it but it makes sense that it wouldn't work out.

Not 100% certain as to when, but we're going to be redoing/removing a lot of rules and removing the bans for the rules that were removed. As great as even just semi-serious OCRP would be, it obviously isn't going to work.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2013, 02:19:20 AM »
Not 100% certain as to when, but we're going to be redoing/removing a lot of rules and removing the bans for the rules that were removed. As great as even just semi-serious OCRP would be, it obviously isn't going to work.

Not bad idea, and it'll probably work out.

Offline Akise-Kun

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2013, 03:28:50 AM »
Not try to flame or stress anyone else out anymore, but the reasons I and other stopped playing was because some rules you got banned over were silly e.g. "Being banned for talking in ooc in mic". People would find tell others how to play or what to do through mic because it's just simpler to do. Other than that, I will be playing again ASAP.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2013, 03:31:43 AM »
Not try to flame or stress anyone else out anymore, but the reasons I and other stopped playing was because some rules you got banned over were silly e.g. "Being banned for talking in ooc in mic". People would find tell others how to play or what to do through mic because it's just simpler to do. Other than that, I will be playing again ASAP.

Woah woah woah, you were actually banned for talking ooc on the mic? There must be more to this, but if it's the way you are putting it then that admin should be slapped in the quicks.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal