Author Topic: Combine Firefighter and Paramedic  (Read 3013 times)

Offline Dordan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Combine Firefighter and Paramedic
« on: June 04, 2013, 08:08:46 PM »
It has always been a problem since the beginning that nobody really ever plays firefighter and paramedic. And when they do, it is maybe one or two people and you always need them when you don't have them. I think the two jobs should be combined in order to fix the shortage of the two. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think firefighters in the real world are trained to handle certain medical emergencies too so this isn't really a far fetched, unrealistic idea. Just a thought, comments?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Combine Firefighter and Paramedic
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 09:22:56 PM »
This in theory may be a good idea, but I can honestly tell you this, working Fire and EMS in OCRP in terms of calls is VERY VERY similar to IRL. In OCRP EMS, there have been days I havent been back at the FD for well over an hour, and some days a call hasnt come in for well over an hour. The same goes for fire.

If EMS had to respond to fires or vice versa, there would be times when there are just way too many calls to handle. Instead of combining the two into one job, why not get one person from each job to combine as a single unit? Roleplay MVA's and fire calls. Example theres a car accident somewhere. Whether theres a fire or not, dispatch fire. Vice versa. If there's a fire somewhere, especially a building, dispatch EMS.

But only dispatch the secondary if they're not already busy. Also, if a call comes in for EMS while they're at a fire call, they can leave the fire to tend to the medical and vice versa.

TL;DR Due to the inability to estimate the frequency of calls for both jobs, this idea would be really bad on busy days. (not busy as in lots of players, busy as in lots of calls)

So -support

Offline fergfin

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 11:16:16 PM »
Yeah, EMS and Firefighter work together fo shizzle, but they should not combine. Whenever I reach and MVA or something before EMS, I RP applying a bandage or the like.

Offline Dordan

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 05:54:46 PM »
I completely agree that they SHOULD be separate jobs and all but does OCRP really have the maturity and realism for that? :P This is suggestion is more directed at the lack of players using the jobs. What good is it going to do you to dispatch fire to an accident when there is no FD? Sometimes there are one or two of each and it goes really well, but when there is a huge fire or shootouts happening and no medics or firefighters, it can get a little stressful.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 07:32:02 PM »
Regardless of the amount of realism in OCRP, it doesnt affect the hard facts that sometimes there are just too many calls to do both.

Offline TheTemplar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 08:43:47 PM »
I honestly think that this should be implemented. Due to the sheer fact that the numbers occupying each job just isn't enough for the most part. Yes there are times where there is 2-3 in a job or both but how long does that usually last? Exactly... I support them being placed together. If things get busy which at times it will its up to dispatch or the people on duty to prioritize the calls coming in.

+SUPPORT.

Offline Dordan

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 01:45:03 PM »
Regardless of the amount of realism in OCRP, it doesnt affect the hard facts that sometimes there are just too many calls to do both.

Would it be better to have too many calls to respond to or not have anyone able to respond at all? And obviously calls can be taken by order of importance. If there is a shootout and people are dying left and right, it would obviously be responded to before a fire in the woods. Plus, if they were combined, it would just double the amount of people able to respond to a call.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 10:12:04 PM »
And be stupid as paramedics roll up in firetrucks.

What uniform would they wear?

What vehicle would they use?

How would they be called over the radio?

This would ruin what realism is left for both jobs.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 12:41:37 AM »
You could also give some more incentive for medic and fire-fighter, I mean I'd play both of them more often if I made a reasonable pay check. It's definitely not even close to weed and mushrooms (which I'm not saying it should be, but around there), and for the most part I usually play cop because it's fun to deal with police situations. Not trying to derail the thread here, but more incentive for medic and fire-fighter would be a good idea if you want more people to play those jobs. Sorry if someone already said that above.

Anyway, to keep on topic, if you end up merging the two jobs you could make it like the way SWAT works. The mayor would appoint a EMS to a leadership position (call it anything), and they would appoint people to medic or fire-fighter. This way they could manage the EMS and if people needed fire-fighters the leader guy would just appoint a fire-fighter. You'd start off as medic or something. But, there is also a problem here since if there's a fire and you want to go fire-fighter you have to wait for the leader guy to get on or vice versa. And honestly that's a big-ish problem.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 01:02:54 AM »
Honestly I dont see the big problem with this... the main one is the vehicles and Uni. At the station here we have.... well lets just say a lot of different uniforms for what we are doing. Even though every Firemen is EMT/Med IV Certified it just simpler to keep them separate for ocrp  players.

Offline TheTemplar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 05:02:03 AM »
And be stupid as paramedics roll up in firetrucks.

What uniform would they wear?

What vehicle would they use?

How would they be called over the radio?

This would ruin what realism is left for both jobs.

Keep them with the fire fighter uniform. Keep the fire truck and referencing to another post add that 911 SUV (emergency SUV). Wouldn't change much, the fire fighter/ EMS would respond to what ever is needed, they don't have to be called anything. And what realism would it ruin? Firefighters are trained to basically do what EMS actually do, honestly the way the EMS system works right now is not realistic. EMS are meant to stabilize and transport the patient to the hospital where a physician can attend to the patient not show up and fix broken bones and heal people back to health.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 07:57:48 AM »
While I can see why, this is a no for now. It may be revisited in the future once everything is said and done, but for now I need them seperate.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal