Author Topic: My first job!  (Read 3790 times)

Offline Menma

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
My first job!
« on: June 02, 2013, 04:52:20 PM »
So I am getting my first job as a Assistant at a local ma and pa shop this summer! I would like to know any advice for a first timer and is it normal to be nervous.
I MAKE GOOD BABIES!

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: My first job!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 05:06:48 PM »
Don't take shortcuts to get a task done. And yea I was pretty nervous when I got my first job. Also, Don't ever fucking show up late.
ok

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 07:42:14 PM »
Don't take shortcuts to get a task done. And yea I was pretty nervous when I got my first job. Also, Don't ever fucking show up late.
Agreed with both points. Show your employer you are reliable and will put in as much effort as you can. And be honest. Nothing worse than a lying, dishonest employee. You will get fired and/or have a bad referee for your next job. Just remember it isn't just this job that relies on all these points.

Really hope it goes well :)
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 10:41:29 PM »
I used to work at a local ma and pa grocery store, but it eventually closed down due to no business. Just do as your told. They pay you, so do what they want and how they want it done. I started when I was 14 and it closed down when I turned 17. Because I did as they wished, how they wished, and didn't slack off I got 6 raises. Started at $6.50/hour and ended at $9.75/hour. Not only that, they're GREAT for references. My new job is at a somewhat large American corporation called Kroger. The first thing the interviewer said when I sat down was, "So I called your previous boss and he told me nothing but good things about you."

Point is, don't slack off, do your job, and always come to work unless you're deathly ill. Don't be lazy.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 02:11:44 AM »
If your early your on time, if your on time your late, if your late your in trouble.
Dont feel like you'll be judge for asking a question on how to do something. Tell yourself that you're asking to be better at your job, then show it after they help you out.
Ummm not much I can really give you, but yeah.... at the end of the day theres always something you could have done better, but thats okay, cause everyone has that at the end of the day.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal