Author Topic: Cruise control  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Cruise control
« on: May 30, 2013, 02:03:50 AM »
Name says it all... I get tired of having to constantly press w or s to avoid getting pulled over for going over the speed limit for 5 seconds, this could also make driving easier.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Cruise control
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 02:25:34 AM »
Name says it all... I get tired of having to constantly press w or s to avoid getting pulled over for going over the speed limit for 5 seconds, this could also make driving easier.
No thanks. One, it can be done easily by feathering the throttle. Two it requires vehicle mods that we aren't going to install to allow various ingame changes to car scripts.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 02:33:52 AM »
No thanks. One, it can be done easily by feathering the throttle. Two it requires vehicle mods that we aren't going to install to allow various ingame changes to car scripts.
I understand that... but when you get on with those nit pick cops that pull you over for going 1mph over the speed limit, it gets rather annoying...  Idk, maybe you could find a way to steal it from something that uses it?

Offline TheTemplar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 04:44:02 AM »
 I understand that... but when you get on with those nit pick cops that pull you over for going 1mph over the speed limit, it gets rather annoying...  Idk, maybe you could find a way to steal it from something that uses it?
[/quote]

Just like irl you have the chance of running into a by the book cop. It's part of the RP experience. Don't give the cop attitude and maybe get off with a warning. a lot of times minor offenses like going 1-5 mph over end up in a traffic stop to get a warning then people start being assholes and that's when everything goes downhill for the person.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 11:34:36 AM »
Pretty much what Templar said. Dont give anyone a hard time and you'll most likely get out of the situation scott free. Same applies for administration but people dont seem to realize that >.<

As for cruise control, I think it was mentioned before and denied. If you really want to, get yourself a Logitech G Series keyboard and set up one of the G keys to toggle repeating W+# amount of interval. With a bit of tuning, you can easily set up a working cruise control.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 12:49:59 PM »
The roads on the map aren't cruise control friendly. When you come up to a turn you need to slow down for most cars, so you would need to repeatedly turn cruise control off and on.

And Templar/Statua said it, don't give the cops a hard time. If you were speeding, you were speeding. Take the ticket or warning and go. Also, don't run from the police for speeding. Just had to say that.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 04:30:04 PM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 02:56:15 PM »
There roads no the map aren't cruise control friendly. When you come up to a turn you need to slow down for most cars, so you would need to repeatedly turn cruise control off and on.

And Templar/Statua said it, don't give the cops a hard time. If you were speeding, you were speeding. Take the ticket or warning and go. Also, don't run from the police for speeding. Just had to say that.
I understand the rule about don't run. 

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 09:54:39 PM »
Denied for reasons stated before

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal