Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 6018 times)

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Xbox One
« on: May 22, 2013, 09:03:57 AM »
So the new Xbox was revealed yesterday...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw</a>

"XBOX GO HOME!"

I have no expectations for it... Only bad ones.

Post your... expectations and hopes for this new console.

mfw
Spoiler for Hiden:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 09:07:22 AM by Dallas »

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Xbox One
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 09:51:15 AM »
It sounds cool, but how will it compete with other TV broadcasting companies like Virgin Media and Sky? I never knew Microsoft was into the whole TV business.

edit: what it's a games console

sarcasm
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 03:02:46 PM by Lewis »

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 04:09:32 PM »
I get the feeling 85% of this television junk isn't even going to be available to people outside the USA. I also look forward to the many upcoming videos of Scottish people attempting to use the voice recognition software.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 05:02:06 PM »
To those who say PC is better: Yes, it is. Comparing a PC to a console is like comparing a Ferrari to a Toyota Prius.

Honestly, there isn't much of a difference between the PS4 and Xbox One, but the PS4 does have some better specs. I think the PS4 will win this one.

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 07:47:26 PM »
I facepalmed when I saw this and kept thinking how autistic Microsoft has became.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 06:08:09 AM »
I also look forward to the many upcoming videos of Scottish people attempting to use the voice recognition software.

"Ehcs-bawks! Go hame, ya' wee specky coon o' a console!"

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 09:19:24 AM »
I also look forward to the many upcoming videos of Scottish people attempting to use the voice recognition software.

"Ehcs-bawks! Go hame, ya' wee specky coon o' a console!"

"Here mate eckies box, send big Tam McGraw fae doon the street wan o' those game invites fir Call of Duty."

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 11:39:58 AM »
"X-box, go home"

YOU'RE DRUNK!
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 09:39:29 PM »
If the XBOX one doesn't have good cross platforming... do not want.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 12:59:39 AM »
I assume that the order of Beastliness goes like this: PC>PS4>XboxOne>Wii-U
ok

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 12:21:21 PM »
Long rant list here:

1. Daft name, Xbox 360 - 359, would have preferred Xbox Legacy or Xbox Infinite
2. No backwards compatibility
3. Apparently, all games HAVE to be installed before playing (why?!?!?!?!?!?!)
4. Notice how they suspiciously mentioned nothing about the always online rumour...
5. Mentioned a lot of games, showed no gameplay (even with the trailers, no live gameplay)
6. COD Ghosts still looks avg. graphics considering the other games looked p amazing.
7. Why does it look like an old video player?
8. Kinect still exists... Maybe it'll work this time.
9. Why have all this TV stuff integrated when you'll be playing it on a TV and therefore just watch TV from your TV...?
10. Main selling point of Ghosts is dogs existing in it... haven't they been in it since Modern Warfare?
11. Halo doesn't really have the enormous capacity of story to carry out an on-going TV show, or the interest (would rather be playing the game than watching actors look like the characters you play in the game tbh)
12. If you're making a huge deal about this console, best not end with the new COD...
13. Ghosts thinks fish moving out the way when you go towards them, sliding on the ground and hitting a wall and automatically going against it is the great new ideas of COD, but is that even new? Bulletstorm has sliding, it's been out for ages. Battlefield has a lot of these functions, 3 has been out a while. Fish moving out the way... ok...
14. Don't refer to one of the biggest online systems you have going, used mainly by a lot of kids, as a "new water cooler". Or it makes it sound about as interesting as staring at water.
15. Pre-owned fee, gtfo
16. Indie games no longer under self-publishing, why???
17. Not always online, you just have to log in daily... practically the same thing
18. "dogz r teh mein selin poynt ov a gaem"
im bach

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 12:44:54 PM »
Comparing a PC to a console is like comparing a Ferrari to a Toyota Prius.
You didn't really specify what you mean.

If you're talking about horsepower and how fast the car can go then yeah, ferrari wins easily. As for gas consumption and mileage, the obvious winner is the prius.

However, if you look at gas consumption and mileage as power for each device to run, ofcourse the Xbox One will consume less, and also perform less.

PC takes quite a bit more to run but in the end it is definitely worth it.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
Comparing a PC to a console is like comparing a Ferrari to a Toyota Prius.
You didn't really specify what you mean.

If you're talking about horsepower and how fast the car can go then yeah, ferrari wins easily. As for gas consumption and mileage, the obvious winner is the prius.

However, if you look at gas consumption and mileage as power for each device to run, ofcourse the Xbox One will consume less, and also perform less.

PC takes quite a bit more to run but in the end it is definitely worth it.
Basically, just the overall quality. Obviously a Ferrari has better quality than a Toyota Prius. All I'm saying is that you can't compare PCs to consoles, because you can have the PC perform to your expectations, whereas the console is stuck with the hardware it's manufactured with.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 02:07:55 PM »
 I'll buy Xbox One for Battlefield 4 considering that it runs like shit on my PC... or I'll maybe upgrade it. Who knows?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal