Author Topic: Weapon Customization  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Weapon Customization
« on: May 18, 2013, 07:50:05 PM »
So, there is a weapon mod that uses the CSS weapons.  This mod allows you to add things to your guns, like silencers and scopes.  This could be a cool thing for a gun shop, you craft sights, ammo holders and much more.  You can take the parts off of the guns with there new update they just made.  This mod is awesome.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=143193342&searchtext=Customizable+weaponry

Post Auto-Merged: May 18, 2013, 08:06:19 PM
So, there is a weapon mod that uses the CSS weapons.  This mod allows you to add things to your guns, like silencers and scopes.  This could be a cool thing for a gun shop, you craft sights, ammo holders and much more.  You can take the parts off of the guns with there new update they just made.  This mod is awesome.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=143193342&searchtext=Customizable+weaponry
  I have found some good things about this, instead of having to script wall and prop pen for other weapons for the server already, to make it more realistic of course, this mod has built in penetration and the bullets can only bounce once, depending on the thing the bullet hits.  This has more then one ammo type as well, you can craft hollow point, insinderary, and many more, just four other types actually.  There are some things that may a bit... OP, but you can disable them for the sever, like insin ammo and such.  Everything else makes sense to put in though.  would be a nice replace for the current weapons, and would add more verity to the game.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 08:06:19 PM by Bish The Draggity »
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Weapon Customization
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 06:01:54 AM »
I am sorry but i don't like the idea. Yes it would be cool with some weapon upgrades or so. But silencer and sight for example? I can easily see someone hiding in the bushes with a silencer and sight on their M4 and shoot people. The sight would make it like a sniper, which have been denied a couple of times, and there is already a weapon with silencer.

I just don't like this :(

-Support

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 10:29:23 AM »
I am sorry but i don't like the idea. Yes it would be cool with some weapon upgrades or so. But silencer and sight for example? I can easily see someone hiding in the bushes with a silencer and sight on their M4 and shoot people. The sight would make it like a sniper, which have been denied a couple of times, and there is already a weapon with silencer.

I just don't like this :(

-Support
The sight is not a problem... they don't zoom like a sniper rifle. Only one does and it only zooms in about x1 witch is like 3 feet, from a standerd 4 feet, it would only increase 3, in short, not that big of a zoom at all.  As for the silencer, you can remove it from the equation by scripting it out.

Offline MOOcow

• MOO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 04:36:12 PM »
-support

Why? This would take quite a bit of coding to get it to implement with the current inventory system and weapons system, for what?
Make guns even more of a money sink? To give players with money a bigger advantage?

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 07:03:26 PM »
-support

Why? This would take quite a bit of coding to get it to implement with the current inventory system and weapons system, for what?
Make guns even more of a money sink? To give players with money a bigger advantage?
  With this, you could open an entire gunshop with such.  It would be nice, just think.

Offline SAGEZILLA

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 07:47:35 PM »
+support

Rp is great, but CS:S Weapons are soooo boring and overused, this would boost the crimerp fun and it would make guns more suited to the player, as rp is about building your character. it may take allot of coding but imagine how many people it would draw in, i know myself and Many many others who love customization. This would boost the server in fun and appearance!

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 11:54:20 PM »
I am going to have a video demo on the weapons on this soon, it is not done uploading but I am just informing whoever is reading this, I will modified this post.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 06:55:29 AM »
Not happening.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal