Author Topic: Doors  (Read 2901 times)

Offline N1CK

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Doors
« on: May 18, 2013, 01:13:29 PM »
We need to bring back names on doors, for one reason, I know it was a good idea cause cops will be forced to look up the property in their computer, but also, take into account the "raiding same person within 6 hours rule" You don't know if you can really raid them cause there's no name, and if you lockpick in, possibly break lockpicks, you won't take off just because you see their name and you're like ohh raided them, bye. I'm not saying this is a bad concept, i'm saying it needs tweaking.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 01:21:50 PM by Nick »

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Doors
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 01:34:29 PM »
We need to bring back names on doors, for one reason, I know it was a good idea cause cops will be forced to look up the property in their computer, but also, take into account the "raiding same person within 6 hours rule" You don't know if you can really raid them cause there's no name, and if you lockpick in, possibly break lockpicks, you won't take off just because you see their name and you're like ohh raided them, bye. I'm not saying this is a bad concept, i'm saying it needs tweaking.
I don't like this reason be, this could be abused and remove the purpose of the police PC.  It would be better to just not go to that house again.  Easier to just role play it out then to have this implemented.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline N1CK

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 01:42:24 PM »
I'm not sure if you understand, orgs move houses a lot, base different places throughout the day, it's not about going to the same house cause you assume they'd still live there.

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 04:08:04 PM »
In another view of this. This is a great way to get people to RP, instead of making bases and grow. I like the idea about the name is gone now :s

So from me it is -Support

Offline N1CK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 04:53:35 PM »
Promoting rp versus risking server rules being broken. choose.

Offline Red Alexmander

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Doors
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 09:27:02 AM »
I'm not sure if you understand, orgs move houses a lot, base different places throughout the day, it's not about going to the same house cause you assume they'd still live there.
If I remember right in OCRP 1.5, I thought that rule only applied if the org stayed in the same place, and if they do, then the raiders should know not to raid that house again within 6 hours. So consodering this, I think adding names back is pointless and willnjust cause metagaming

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Offline N1CK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 01:59:30 PM »
Orgs get raided and end up moving, I don't think it's a rule you can't but if it is, they break it a lot going unnoticed

Offline hacker

• Like a BOSS
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 02:15:24 PM »
This is simple fix, just ask in LOOC who it is so you will know if they are the same org you raided. And i think the rules say you cant raid the same place.

-Support

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 02:24:16 PM »
I don't like this reason be, this could be abused and remove the purpose of the police PC.  It would be better to just not go to that house again.  Easier to just role play it out then to have this implemented.

Agreeed Bishop. It is fine right now, if you are worried about raiding the same person(s) well find out another way. Bringing it back would have more cons than pros.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 01:16:13 PM »
Denied, check http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=24966.0 if you wish to see the reason. Sorry if you do not find it convenient, but we're not gonna change it back. At least not now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal