Author Topic: Car Repair/Fixing Cars  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Jake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Car Repair/Fixing Cars
« on: May 16, 2013, 09:45:07 PM »
I want this topic to be taken extremely seriously, because I, and countless members of the CG community can agree on this topic. The tow truck drivers, needless to say, are virtually useless. No body hardly is ever one, and when they are, it isn't long term, its for 5 or 10 minutes to shut people up in OOC to get their car towed and then they quit. I also understand the need for balance to economy when it comes to repairing cars, and not having everyone use repair wrenches. But here, I have a suggestion.

Why can't we have maybe the repair lady sell wrenches for 200 or 500, or maybe 1000 dollars a piece, and that way , when some random ass-hat shoots your car or blows it up, you don't HAVE to wait for a tow truck to come, or an admin to fix your car. I'm just tired of the constant BS of having to prop push my car to the damn mechanic. I think that maybe we could at least move the NPC to the garage or SOMEWHERE in proximity. Just please, for the love of Christ, do something to make this better for the community, because all in all, its only hurting CG. Below are some images for your viewing, this is just SOME of the people that would agree with what I would say.

http://i40.tinypic.com/6ezvqw.png

http://i41.tinypic.com/4ml1g.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2mg61y9.jpg

I'm begging you, the developers and coders for OCRP and CG. Please take this into extreme consideration, as I cannot stress this enough, thank you.

I know 4 different coding languages, learning LUA right now. aw yis

Offline Katazuro

• Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Car Repair/Fixing Cars
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 09:52:56 PM »
I support this (as I show in the images) because I always get promised when a tow truck driver will come and get me but instead just quits. It's incredibly painful because if I could tow my own car, I would. But in general it's nothing you can do on your own. It's really painful just to see so many people like this. Have both if you can't have either.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 08:45:45 AM »
Maybe add a repair lady/man to the parking garage. There's still the use of to trucks for every other crash, its just if you spawn your car, you can at least get it fixed.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 08:49:46 AM »
I promise you that we are working on a way better system for the tow truck drivers, and so that will also include repairing vehicles, and towers helping with cars that ran out of gas.

One thing i can say that is almost for sure, we won't be adding citizen held repair wrenches. It simply kills 90% of the purpose of the tow truck job.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 09:26:19 AM »
I know when I'm on OCRP I'm usually a tow truck driver. But I agree with crap head, a wrench simply kills the point of the tow truck driver.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 12:33:00 PM »
I know when I'm on OCRP I'm usually a tow truck driver. But I agree with crap head, a wrench simply kills the point of the tow truck driver.

Yup. It can be annoying if none are around but wrenches are just bad. And Wake THANK YOU! I see you as a driver all the time. Puts a smile on my face that someone enjoys the job haha.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 12:53:50 PM »
I have great plans for tow truck drivers. If after that their activity is still low, then we will consider alternatives, but these changes will make it enjoyable and beneficial for people to go tow driver.

So that being said, this is denied.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal