Author Topic: Engine Startup Sound  (Read 1743 times)

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Engine Startup Sound
« on: May 12, 2013, 12:29:05 PM »
We should definitely implement a startup sound when starting the vehicle. Having it simply start after pressing R is boring and doesn't tell anyone outside of the vehicle if you're actually starting it or not.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Engine Startup Sound
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 12:32:38 PM »
We should definitely implement a startup sound when starting the vehicle. Having it simply start after pressing R is boring and doesn't tell anyone outside of the vehicle if you're actually starting it or not.
I like this, but don't make all the car start sounds the same, like other servers.  Other servers make all the car start sounds the same it gets really annoying.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 12:43:33 PM »
Devs, if you want, I can edit some of the car start sounds that are lame like the 4x4 pickup. Other cars have good start sounds like the 616.

Offline MOOcow

• MOO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 10:38:58 PM »
Are you talking about the engine starting up or like the sound of you putting in the key and turning it?

All sickness cars have engine startup sounds. I thought those were going to be used with the OCRP2 9 update, but apparently not.

Offline Jake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 10:54:43 PM »
Are you talking about the engine starting up or like the sound of you putting in the key and turning it?

All sickness cars have engine startup sounds. I thought those were going to be used with the OCRP2 9 update, but apparently not.

I think this is a really good idea, cool startup sounds and maybe the little key insert and "ding ding" noise when a player presses 'R', I can have the sound recorded, or get one from a soundbase. Either way, this is a really good idea thread.

+SUPPORT

I know 4 different coding languages, learning LUA right now. aw yis

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 11:11:33 PM »
As I posted and someone else posted before. The same startup sound for each car would be retarded. A 4 cyl starting sounds NOTHING like a v8. Same for a diesel engine. And no not all sickness vehicles have starting sounds. Some of them have just the sound of the engine revving down like the 4x4.

Offline Hanus Erucson

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 08:59:12 AM »
I was planing on suggest this my self. But you beat me to it. Though I must say that for this to be really good, I think you shouldn't just press 'R', you should hold it in til the engine starts. And if you release the button before the car doesn't start.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal