Author Topic: Advertise HL2RP within CG servers  (Read 8475 times)

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
Advertise HL2RP within CG servers
« on: May 10, 2013, 03:09:14 PM »
Pretty simple. Unless I'm missing something and this already exists, I think we could use a CG screen that shows upon entering the server, which clearly and cleanly shows HRP, HL2RP, and OCRP in boxes with a accompanying pictures, with a link to the CG website as well.

With the success of servers like OCRP and HRP I can't see this hurting. Am I missing something?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:20:40 PM by Atticat »

Re: Advertise HL2RP within CG servers
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 03:19:09 PM »
+Support
The HL2RP playerbase is low, unlike HRP and OCRP, so I agree that there should be HL2RP advertisments.
Calum Davidson - In outlands
Jessica 'Silent' Parker - Studying headcrab anatomies.
Nile Wilson - Helping the union
Holly Wilson - Refreshing her mind

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 03:21:38 PM »
Don't know if either of you recognize this but we can't force people to play.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 04:20:25 PM »
I don't think shoving the server in their face is a good idea. It would be kinda neat if in OCRP there would be a billboard advertising it, seeing how it wouldn't be intruding on their game. Plus it would be clever.
Do they have bill-boards in OCRP?

I'm not sure about HRP.

I think advertising HL2RP might help pick up the population and interest a bit, and some people within our own servers haven't tried it yet, but you also have to realize that most of those people playing those two servers like semi-serious rp and not serious. Worth a shot, I suppose.

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 04:26:57 PM »
I think putting them on those theater signs is a great idea.

I don't think an initial screen would be infringing too much, considering it's done on many other servers - at least in my experiences

But, what about Loading Screens?

Seems perfect for that sort of setup. You could have the name in recognizable font size and style with a cool picture or two underneath it. We would only need to do HRP, OCRP2, and HL2RP really. Outlands if you don't want to combine with the former.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 05:10:45 PM »
There is a reason on why its low. People on OCRP and HRP don't want to type 4-5 paragraph long pieces on how characters got these awesome authorizations, and i'm pretty sure they(or at least most) don't want to type out 15 lines of RP (detalied at that) which is what most of the people who want it to stay, already have. We've already been over this, but people only hear what they want to hear. So fuck it.

I'll try and bring this thread to khub's attention and see what he thinks about the coding along with Karma.

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 05:24:58 PM »
I feel ya bro. No need to bring it up again if the admins have decided against it previously. My bad for not realizing it had been discussed before.

There's always exclusively using Toxic's idea

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 08:58:49 PM »
I feel ya bro. No need to bring it up again if the admins have decided against it previously. My bad for not realizing it had been discussed before.

There's always exclusively using Toxic's idea

That's the one I was talking about bringing up with khub. And no worries man, just because it was discussed between us in a non-offical matter, doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed at all.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 11:55:14 PM »
Please no, do you know what the average Hrp player is like? Even if we did do this, people from Hrp would get banned in 2mins for minging or rage quit because they can't find guns.

Just speaking the truth here.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 12:28:27 AM »
Please no, do you know what the average Hrp player is like? Even if we did do this, people from Hrp would get banned in 2mins for minging or rage quit because they can't find guns.

Pretty much. And even then the very few who even consider trying HL2RP would've already joined by now to determine if they like it. All it takes is a simple glance, not forced advertising.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 05:54:40 AM »
HL2RP is too different from OCRP and definately HRP, most of the playerbase there wouldnt play it if they're more in for ocrp style of RP.

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 09:59:42 AM »

I actually started on HRP and whilst I'm not the greatest of RPers with fleshy, meaty, chewy back-stories and authorisations; I am relatively active.

I only actually found out about the HLRP server by someone saying they're going to play in, whilst they were on HRP. I then went on to a population which was reasonable, and the most popular part of the city was the main plaza — Situated right outside of the spawn point (If I remember correctly). So I had people to interact with and better my experience with.

You do see the odd person from HRP/OCRP, this is clear from their description/attitude, but 99% of us probably started out like that, did we not? From there you ease them in to the experience either with an IC talking/beating, or an OOC lecture.

It's a viable idea in my books, you'd just have to make sure they know it's serious.

Footnote:
The lack of guides in the tab menu, like there was will probably deter a little, as they have to go onto the forums and check through ALL of the threads.
have a nice day :)

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 01:10:39 PM »
Don't know if you recognize this but advertising a server is not forcing someone to play it

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2013, 01:43:33 PM »
Don't know if you recognize this but advertising a server is not forcing someone to play it

So long as it's not obstructive or forced then it would be fine. My personal opinion is that it won't make a difference to get us out of this slump. If I'm wrong then great.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 04:38:53 PM »
Yeah. The main problem is a saturation in the market. Our server looks just like any other in a long list of the "Clockwork HL2RP" servers

Personally I think a new serious RP built from the ground up with its own separate category name would be the best and possibly only option

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal