Author Topic: Raj Johannes's Authorization Application  (Read 3527 times)

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
Raj Johannes's Authorization Application
« on: May 09, 2013, 07:02:26 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: suttreetoadvine
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 5 Years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2 & 1/2

Character Section

Authorization(s):
* Old, crooked knife

* Ability to switch between Jamaican and South African Accents (Boer/British)

* Bandana that can be put over mouth

Name: Raj Johannes
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
The knife didn’t enter smooth. Not like in the movies before the war. The ones his Mom wouldn’t let him see. There was already a stench. An arc of dry blood lay on the corpse. Raj clumsily withdrew his misshapen blade for the sixth time.
He couldn’t remember how long ago it was. The weather was always the same. At first he thought it was just Eastern Europe. He had never lived there before the sky opened up on that surreal day. He had long lost count of the sunsets when he realized the Combine were controlling the climate.

When Raj left Jamaica with his parents he was three. Cape Town was different. He could speak like a stout Boer or a Devout Rastafarian at will. Eventually he learned to discern when each persona was called for. Suddenly Raj was awoken;

“Sir! Your food is waiting!”

Raj grabbed his order and chose a table. He jabbed it with his fork. One of its tines was missing. The stew tasted like raw matter, anyways. Well, more matter than usual. Raj exhaled in relief.

How do they live like this?

The corroded wood cracked as the Worker’s doors swung open. Raj flinched and regained himself. The intruders pointed toward the store’s line. A particularly sweaty man stared straight ahead.

“I SAID YOU!”

The citizen seemed to be shackled by the line. He tripped after awkwardly reaching his leg over the bar. He was dragged in the same position as he landed. Raj cursed to himself.

“Shit…”

He slowly rose and headed for the exit. His head was down. Dry blood filled the tile’s contours. His stomach rumbled. He suppressed a feeling of vomit.  Only fragments of the officer’s brief conversation could be heard before the battered man was taken away; something about a book. Raj didn’t stay to think about it.

A broken light flickered outside the apartment’s window as a solitary cat slinked through the corners. He gripped his knife; it shook in his hand. He muttered about life under the Union. Memories of the stranger tailed him. He was reminded why he gambled. No relying on generous food from his “Benefactors”. Even holding the pangs of hunger off for a little longer was worth it alone, or so Raj told himself. He thought about the first time running a ring was pitched to him.
“Good luck finding a weapon if you’re afraid of the slums. You could even get real tofu, if you had the money and contacts. If you didn't, well, a lot of people got caught up in promises they couldn't keep”.

A pair of old glasses stood atop the apartment’s dresser. The frames were round and sturdy. The lenses were not. It didn't matter, anyway, because Raj didn't need glasses, except when the Combine came knocking, and that was more often than he liked. Besides, they distorted his vision on their own anyway. They even looked great in addition to a nice propaganda book. All the essentials of evasion under Alien rule. Their origins were from a broke and beaten client with nothing left. He had a family, too. Raj sighed and put his knife in its case. Opening the dresser, his tied a black bandanna around his face.

Does making the world dark matter when nobody can see the sun?

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
 * Knife helps Raj defend himself, especially considering his occupation as a gambling ring organizer

* Ability to switch between Jamaican and South African/English Colonist accents helps Raj to occupy different personas

* Bandanna can conceal Raj's lower facial features

Defects
* Knife is contraband, may get mugged for his weapon, his job is dangerous. The knife is also crooked and thus a last-resort weapon.

* Speaking differently may cause the Combine to distrust him along with other citizens

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Currently from what I can tell there is little in the activity of gambling on the server. I plan to use the auths to play a relatively slick businessmen that can initiate RP for citizens as they delve into the depths of the ring's perks and consequences. I can even higher bodyguards for Raj as he may become a target from his activities.

I plan on bringing citizens in the gambling ring if possible and building a deeper organization underneath - where the real fun begins

The knife will only be used in DEFENSE or serious situations: Example: Money or items are stolen from Raj, or somebody won't pay up a debt . If the latter requires admin authorization, that's fine too.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
* Edit - Took glasses out

Thanks for reading this yo
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 12:31:58 AM by Atticat »

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Raj Johannes's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 12:17:26 AM »
To my understanding,  glasses are something you don't have to apply for. They may be obtained legitimately as they are included in the basic citizen load out when moved to a city as needed. So yeah. There's a post about it buried somewhere.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 03:49:22 AM »
To be honest, none of this stuff looks like it needed applying for- all of them can now be easily obtained ICly, yes even the knife. Despite this, I'll support this because Atticat is more than capable of handling this and I'm sure he won't go around stabbing people with his invincible kitchen knife.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 05:03:40 AM »
did you base the bandana off hulio
you dont need to app for that
got my approval

Offline Reaver

• THE CRAB MOTHER
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 10:08:04 PM »
In lieu of repeating what they already said, I'll just agree. I'll give my support.
A Freudian dick is when you say what's really on your mind instead of what you intended to say

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 12:08:34 PM »
Most of these are ICly obtainable so I wouldn't have a problem with the application itself.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 08:08:38 PM »
Since pretty much all of this is now obtainable ICly, I'll accept this.

Accepted. Locked. Moved.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal