Author Topic: Where can i get the textures on the outlands without buying ep2  (Read 2754 times)

I've recently transferred one of my characters to the outlands but annoyed to find that pretty much the whole map is checkered pink and black or there just errors! If you know anywhere to download these textures for free please refer them to me if not ill buy hl2 ep2 ???

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Where can i get the textures on the outlands without buying ep2
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 07:09:59 AM »
Not legally, and I prefer not to give illegal things to people.
To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive.

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 07:45:54 AM »
I've recently transferred one of my characters to the outlands but annoyed to find that pretty much the whole map is checkered pink and black or there just errors! If you know anywhere to download these textures for free please refer them to me if not ill buy hl2 ep2 ???
Didn't Adam say he'd give you it or something?
Calum Davidson - In outlands
Jessica 'Silent' Parker - Studying headcrab anatomies.
Nile Wilson - Helping the union
Holly Wilson - Refreshing her mind

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 02:44:27 PM »
If you are going to download the textures, that would mean adding a good chunk of files to the garrysmod folder. This will cause your load times to triple. It will also cause some lag when someone spawns a model from the game as it has to search the folder instead of just grabbing it from the gcf which is how its supposed to be done.

Support valve and their magnificent work. Buy the game.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 03:10:22 PM »
There are no legal ways to get episodic content loaded into your Garry's mod, except purchasing their source - meaning the Half-Life 2 Episodes 1 and 2. Since no pirate or warez discussions/content is allowed on our forums, I believe it's the right time to lock this topic - sorry.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal