Author Topic: "admin to me" detection?  (Read 3962 times)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
"admin to me" detection?
« on: April 30, 2013, 03:03:41 AM »
Can we PLEASE have something in place where if a player types "/a admin to me" then their request is blocked and a message pops up to say "please include your location and a short description of the issue"?

Written warnings in the server loading screen haven't been working lately and to my knowledge, we can only punish players for spamming in the request channel.

Offline Meatwad

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: "admin to me" detection?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 03:12:18 AM »
Why not just take a minute out of your time and teleport to them and find out what's going on? I don't think it would make much of a difference with your idea in all honesty.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 03:13:09 AM »
Yes! Pleaseplease do this! Perhaps block other phrases such as just saying stuck help and them sort of ones that just dont help us at all
what

Offline Meatwad

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 03:17:50 AM »
You want to block a phrase when a player says "stuck help"? So you're just going to let him stay glitched in a wall or vehicle?...

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 10:41:40 AM »
You want to block a phrase when a player says "stuck help"? So you're just going to let him stay glitched in a wall or vehicle?...
Sometimes teleporting isn't a good idea depending on whats going on, and them just saying 'stuck help' without saying where isn't very helpful
what

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 10:51:43 AM »
As of right now if the player says "Stuck" it'll say "Player needs help. Press F2 to teleport." You hit F2, you teleport, and you can fix them. Go in no clip if you have to.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 11:07:02 AM »
What grinds my gears is "admin, come". We take time out of out play to help you. I like helping people. Except when they treat me like a dog or an object. Im not a thing. Im a human. Treat me like one and in return ill be glad to help you.

Offline Red Alexmander

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 11:20:01 AM »
What would be cool is if there was something available to the admins that will let them put in these sort of phrases themselves, and anytime someone does "/a INSERT PHRASE HERE" it will tell them to be more specific or whatever. That would help Craphead or whichever coder by not having them put in every phrase themselves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 11:25:30 AM »
What would be cool is if there was something available to the admins that will let them put in these sort of phrases themselves, and anytime someone does "/a INSERT PHRASE HERE" it will tell them to be more specific or whatever. That would help Craphead or whichever coder by not having them put in every phrase themselves.

so basically if someone sends a report, we could have the option to either teleport or send them with a message "Please resend your report and include your location and what you need help with."

I would really like this. Also, while on the topic of this, can we have the f2 option pop up for every report? Not just ones with key words?

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 11:27:59 AM »

so basically if someone sends a report, we could have the option to either teleport or send them with a message "Please resend your report and include your location and what you need help with."

I would really like this. Also, while on the topic of this, can we have the f2 option pop up for every report? Not just ones with key words?
Perhaps have a menu we can go on where it comes up with reports from last 10 minutes or so with a log of them;

jon doe  |  rdm at bp  | 5 minutes ago
rolfwofl  |  stuck in wall at drugdealer | 8 minutes ago

and so on with a button to tp to them or something to the side of it also?
what

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 11:55:51 AM »
People shouldn't be requesting stuff like that anyway. Any admin request in OOC and just "/a admin to me" should be somewhat ignored. By that, I mean at least tell them to give us a real reason to go help them instead of just flat out noy saying anything at all.

Offline Meatwad

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 12:57:02 PM »
What grinds my gears is "admin, come". We take time out of out play to help you. I like helping people. Except when they treat me like a dog or an object. Im not a thing. Im a human. Treat me like one and in return ill be glad to help you.
I understand, I know like when players say "admun halp" instead "*yourname* help me please" but it's always going to be like that, it comes with the job, you were handed this position for a reason, you should be able to handle it.

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 07:24:22 AM »
I understand, I know like when players say "admun halp" instead "*yourname* help me please" but it's always going to be like that, it comes with the job, you were handed this position for a reason, you should be able to handle it.

And now we're trying to make our lives easier. Why is that too much to ask, and why are you complaining?

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 08:00:18 AM »
Admin's don't have to respond to "admin to me" or the like. It won't be coded for a while (if at all) because there are way too many phrases that are common that are similar and would need to be blocked as well.

Offline Meatwad

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 11:08:34 PM »

And now we're trying to make our lives easier. Why is that too much to ask, and why are you complaining?
I'm not saying you have easy jobs, but it really isn't that hard... It's an extra minute out of you're life. And like what karmalord said its a ton of work for such a little task you guys can ignore by yourselves. If i'ts really that annoying or you have better shit to do why not make them a last priority?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal