Author Topic: Government Job System Suggestion  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Government Job System Suggestion
« on: April 26, 2013, 12:55:13 AM »
So, based off the quality of RP that government agents are providing lately, I'm thinking that two things should happen. The first of these being that there should be a required amount of playtime for certain jobs if there isn't already one. The second of these being that certain government jobs should require a quiz of sorts prior to being able to join that job. I'll go into detail with each of these areas...

Time requirements. I think these are obviously pretty easily explained. Don't know if these are already in place for certain jobs, but I feel that the positions of police officer, secret service, dispatcher, and mayor should require varying amounts of time played on the server prior to being able to join up. That'll give players a bit more time to get oriented, experience the gamemode, and get used to the rule/RP requirements.

Quiz system. HRP has this kind of system, and I've found it has been successful to and extent. The police officer is the main job I could see this being useful for. Perhaps implementing both some server rule questions, roleplay conduct questions, and actual law related questions (traffic laws, basic crimes, etc) would test their knowledge both ICly and OOCly, and sort out some of the people who, in all honesty, should probably go back to playing DarkRP. It's never good to see cops running around with their taser out, shooting after a guy. Similar things can be said about cops who constantly break traffic laws, and dont' seem to do their job unless there's a shoot out going on. To sum things up, add a quiz system that'll help ensure cops who know what they're doing both ICly and OOCly get in.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline ?«SG.Sup?? | Sir.Scottx125

• Gondorian Royal Tower Guard
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Government Job System Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 07:23:16 PM »
No.

1). This is not Perp.
2). The whole point of OCRP2 is to be fun and accessable to everyone, if you set up a quiz which determines if someone is right for the job is downright silly and means that OCRP2 is gonna start turning into Taco'N'OCRP.

Offline Katazuro

• Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Government Job System Suggestion
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 01:47:46 PM »
The last time Crap-Head added in a time requirement, nobody would want to play long enough to get the jobs. Plus, it drives away new users to dive into the gamemode without a barrier in their way.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal