Author Topic: Emergency Services Overhaul  (Read 2144 times)

Offline Infamous Simmons

• Brent Simmons
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Emergency Services Overhaul
« on: April 24, 2013, 07:09:42 PM »
This suggestion is being suggested to boost the practicality of the dispatcher and police computers.

Unit Number & Status Section of Police Computer
When a player joins a government job they are prompted with a menu asking them to select a unit number; this number is then displayed beside their names in the radio (beside name when typed or in their name when spoke) and in the proposed new section of the police computer. This new section would show player submitted statuses on their current actions (perhaps predetermined with a drop list or manual typing). This will allow the dispatcher to see if Unit 2-20 is patrolling and free to respond to a 911 call or another situation. The main reason for the unit numbers would be to allow the dispatcher and other units to quickly contact other officers without clogging up the radio.
This idea would require Fire and EMS units to be allowed to use the 'Emergency Services' computer, with the registration search disabled.

Turn off Emergency Services Radio
There are situations when listening to the police radio while dealing with a situation can be deadly and/or annoying. (I have personally witnessed police officers turn off their radios in real life). Allowing these players to turn off the radio would be a great addition to OCRP2. Given the fact that not having the radio on can also be dangerous, notifications should be displayed warning the officer, and the dispatchers should have a command to alert units of an emergency via a command in the 'Emergency Services' computer or a chat command.

Offline Nacho Libre

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Emergency Services Overhaul
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 08:51:08 PM »
I like the first part making it so dispatch can see a list of units and idea them so there not the whole unit showing up...

The 2nd part about the radio in other forms (one I have posted down the list) we talked about toggling the radio like open invitatory and right click or press a button to shut the radio off for 5min or so then turn back on... And it also give you a chance to cool down if your getting spammed over the radio

Offline Infamous Simmons

• Brent Simmons
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 03:06:15 PM »
Bump as I feel this would be a great addition and has not been looked at by many.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 06:00:46 PM »
I agree, especially with the turning off the radio. As some people may know I work security in real life, and recently (due to the Boston bombings) we have been ramped up in knowing how to deal with various things such as a bomb threat. Because most are triggered electronically if we suspect something one person (we roam in pairs) is to stand back at least 30 feet and call it in, the other is to turn off the radio and set up a permineter until a PD officer can assess it.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 10:06:50 PM »
Yeah I support both of the ideas, the'd be nice improvements. The reasons why are already listed.

Offline Infamous Simmons

• Brent Simmons
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 02:37:58 PM »
Another idea I felt may be nice to have is the dispatcher (if online) also receives life alert calls.. I am on the fence as to if the EMS should still have it or not if this was implemented though.

EDIT:
After writing another thread, I realized another aspect that could be implemented is a mayor controlled 'emergency fund' which takes money from the income of the city and set aside for ransoms and emergency events.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 10:19:32 PM by Infamous Simmons »

Offline Red Alexmander

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 02:40:13 PM »
I saw your idea in the other thread, but that really wont have an affect imo because if the mayor was bad, he probably wouldnt put any money in there anyway. If the mayor was good however, he could probably manage the money better and be sure to keep a few thousand extra just in case something happens.

Also imo, the hostage price limit should be 3k per SITUATION and not per PERSON.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Infamous Simmons

• Brent Simmons
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 05:44:02 PM »
Now I am getting into more code intensive suggestions, but perhaps even an undercover cop setting. If a police officer has his own personal vehicle, allow him to use it! In such, the vehicle must be set as a police vehicle (perhaps it must have to be approved by a mayor), and have the headlights serve as the lights. This would be even greater if reverse, brake and running lights were enabled as it would be easier.. to incorporate.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal