Author Topic: Dispatch Computer — Because 90% of dispatch is wasted on waiting.  (Read 2097 times)

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
For this proposal I suggest a computer or a phone which will allow dispatch to do that which police car computers can do.
That means, the checking of license plates, home owners and such. That way, the police have more time to actually investigate and keep an eye out, rather than typing into a computer; as such it will also give dispatch a more useful role, rather than simple micro-management and emergency calls.

Example:
Police officer:
This is officer 475, requesting a check-up on license plate number: "F.R.O.S.T.I.E.S"

Dispatch:
Roger... The owner of the vehicle is "Jordan Humber": wanted for reckless driving.
have a nice day :)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dispatch Computer — Because 90% of dispatch is wasted on waiting.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 12:52:57 PM »
Yes. This would be a great idea! I haven't been dispatch yet, mainly because I never use my mic, but from what I see it's just walking around waiting for a call. There needs to be more, and this would help.

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 03:49:18 PM »
It could just use the computer drop from CSS, and when you press F2 on it, the police computer system should show up. It would fit perfectly on a desk with a chair! :)

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 04:02:52 PM »
Just being able to press F1 to bring up the menu would do, because I have to talk to officers to get information to then relay information.
have a nice day :)

Offline ejecX_

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 04:48:53 PM »
A 100% +support from me, this would add a lot of depth to the dispatcher job.

Offline SeraphRakov

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 06:09:25 PM »
+support I thought it should be like that from the beginning.

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 06:55:16 PM »
+ support

Unless there is A LOT of activity I wont RP as dispatch for very long because it gets boring FAST as there is little to do.
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 07:30:24 PM »
It could just use the computer drop from CSS, and when you press F2 on it, the police computer system should show up. It would fit perfectly on a desk with a chair! :)

Haha. Fucking hell your a genius!

Really nice idea (OP), and really nice way to handle it, Binary.

Added so that police officers, the chief, swat units, and the dispatcher can access the police computer by press F1 while looking the computer prop.

Locked :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:32:30 PM by Crap-Head »
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal