Author Topic: Sellable cars  (Read 2251 times)

Offline BANANA?????

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sellable cars
« on: April 22, 2013, 12:09:45 PM »
I personally think that sell-able cars would be an awesome addition to the already awesome server. Like just make the cars sell at 75% of the original price would be good. Thank you for reading.

Regards
BANANA

Offline Quarantine

• AdMiNgE aBuS eRr DaY
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Sellable cars
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 12:22:55 PM »
I was never entirely sure why this was never added to OCRP1.5.... But now that OCRP2 has vehicle renting, there really isn't a reason to sell vehicles back. If you buy a car on an impulse and it turns out to be a crappy car, you should have rented and done a test drive before you bought it.

Considering the common goal among players is to have the best car, I think it would be too easy to buy a car now and sell it once you have earned enough to upgrade to a better car.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 12:24:40 PM »
Considering the common goal among players is to have the best car, I think it would be too easy to buy a car now and sell it once you have earned enough to upgrade to a better car.

Perhaps it could at least be made so player can sell his/her car to another one? That'd promote RP.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:49:12 PM by S?cojnr »

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 12:26:29 PM »

Perhaps it could at least be made so player can sell his/her car to another one? That'd promote RP.
True

However, I think the price should be reduced for everytime you've crashed it and had to do repairs on it. Even though nothing would technically be wrong with it, that's how things work IRL.

Offline MOOcow

• MOO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 03:54:28 PM »

Ooohhh, I like that idea. I haven't thought of that before.

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 05:49:27 PM »

I have always thought this to be honest.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 07:01:56 PM »
I would love this is added, I was actually about to go and make a suggestion for this too, but... I think you should be able to sell back to the npc, donaters get 3/4 of what they paid and non donaters get 1/2 of what they paid back.  I like to sell and buy cars, after a while, I may have a car I loved about 2 months ago, I may want to sell it and get another.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Thource

• Thorse, the Brit
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 03:33:52 AM »
I like this idea.
Not only does it allow you to get rid of old trashy cars for more cash or items, it also allows you to give your old cars to friends. Let's say your friend just started and you have a Lincoln Emperor that you don't use any more (You've got a Lambo) you could just give it to him instead.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal