Author Topic: Factorys.  (Read 4868 times)

Offline Emory.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Factorys.
« on: April 18, 2013, 01:40:58 PM »
I'm seeing a bunch of signs in the map saying to work but i never see that . I want to see brutal Factory conditions Little pay and mass production. The machinery would be dangerous and unsafe. If you did not meet the factory standerds like makeing a certin amount of items a hour you would get a beating. I love a dark depressing atmosphere and this would be good passive rp! Not sure if this is already done. Its been a while i go on and off for a few months. So im not updated really well about the pass events thats been going on in hl2rp. (I'm a fourm noob still lol but im sure you get my idea)
Emory.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Factorys.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 02:09:52 PM »
While I appreciate your suggestion, I'm afraid it won't work.
When there's an option to participate in labour work, people don't go there. When there is none, they (not pointing my finger at anyone here) dislike the lack of opportunities. Forced roleplay will just result in people being unhappy and complaining they can't PassiveRP.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 02:27:23 PM »
It's a nice idea in theory, but it won't work that way as Khub said. People will just avoid the work opportunity and hide away in P3 and complain of nothing to do.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 02:43:59 PM »
That kind of RP doesnt exist in this playerbase anymore. I dont know why but people just dont like to RP like that anymore.

Offline Emory.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 03:04:01 PM »
Well that sucks.
Emory.

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 06:04:06 PM »
While I appreciate your suggestion, I'm afraid it won't work.
When there's an option to participate in labour work, people don't go there. When there is none, they (not pointing my finger at anyone here) dislike the lack of opportunities. Forced roleplay will just result in people being unhappy and complaining they can't PassiveRP.

exactly why ota get flamed when we deploy on outlands

but if we can't even get our server up to 5/50 players what hope does a factory have if it can't be supported

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 06:09:45 PM »
Normally this doesn't work because people don't want to do this type of RP or there isn't the opportunity. And with our low playerbase lately it doesn't help with the desire for any units to initiate a working cycle. Because even then most of the time it's packing rations or some mundane task in a room full of repeated /mes. Not to say that's the only case but normally that's how it's viewed at least in my opinion.

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 03:18:18 AM »
What I'm going to plan about the donutfactory is to keep it SMALL. Around 1-2 workers in a litte kitchen such as foto shops size is perfect for me. The way I want to get people for work is to place flyers and wait. Most of the tme it will be a freelancher work were you so your part, getting paid and then can show up next time if he or she wants to.

Credit goes to jackal

Offline Phoenix

• Unit 701
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 06:03:55 PM »
I understand small volunteer work would provide RP. Considering that the Citizen would actually had volunteered so he/she would have a good time. But I say NO to the whole brutal factory conditions thing. Even though it would seem like canon, people wouldnt want to just sit there and type /me puts the metal into the furnace. /me takes the metal out of the furnace. /me puts metal into the furnace. Over and over again while getting told to work faster.
A minute after I told Rofl about this combo of VC's

Offline Emory.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 05:20:28 AM »
Don't even have to be that brutal just not too soft and suger coated.
Emory.

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 08:24:37 AM »
Don't even have to be that brutal just not too soft and suger coated.

I guess maybe if more than just shitty Loyalist Points were handed out it could be some motivation, buy I wouldn't know what to give other than that and rations.

>I'll never forget...

Offline Emory.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 09:18:00 AM »
Tokens? And rations if you did the job really well?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 09:30:16 AM by Emory. »
Emory.

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 09:31:32 AM »
Tokens?

Tokens are included in ration packets. But that aside, tokens are total shit due to the loss of value of every raga muffin VIP+ having thousands of them. Hence why nobody buys from CWU or anything really. Why would anyone do that when they have 200,000 tokens to blow on their included v flags that are cheaper and come in bulk~

v flags are like the Wal-Marts of HL2rp.

>I'll never forget...

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 09:49:42 AM »
It's a nice idea in theory, but it won't work that way as Khub said. People will just avoid the work opportunity and hide away in P3 and complain of nothing to do.

Because I'm sure standing around and mass producing some general citizen misc is so much fun. Not to be rude, but let's get real here. Who wants to stand around for hours in a factory making the same thing over and over? Nothing significant is happening, so it's not like it adds to character development. For people that do it for the tokens...well tokens are pointless at the moment but even if it was fixed it doesn't defeat the fact that standing around making the same thing over and over is very boring. People joined the server to have fun, and honestly passiveRPing a book club is way more fun(that actually would be and makes me wanna do that know lol) than things like that. In the past, like on C45, admins/CWU have tried this factory rp by making paper or donuts, and it only lasts for like 2 days till everyone gets over it an realizes that it was pointless and boring.

I am not trying to offend anyone if I did, I'd just like to be real here. Also on phone so sorry for any mistakes I made.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 09:57:04 AM »

Because I'm sure standing around and mass producing some general citizen misc is so much fun. Not to be rude, but let's get real here. Who wants to stand around for hours in a factory making the same thing over and over? Nothing significant is happening, so it's not like it adds to character development. For people that do it for the tokens...well tokens are pointless at the moment but even if it was fixed it doesn't defeat the fact that standing around making the same thing over and over is very boring. People joined the server to have fun, and honestly passiveRPing a book club is way more fun(that actually would be and makes me wanna do that know lol) than things like that. In the past, like on C45, admins/CWU have tried this factory rp by making paper or donuts, and it only lasts for like 2 days till everyone gets over it an realizes that it was pointless and boring.

I am not trying to offend anyone if I did, I'd just like to be real here. Also on phone so sorry for any mistakes I made.

As apposed to sitting in P3 walking around and not RPing at all? At least its something.

>I'll never forget...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal