Author Topic: My ideas to make hl2rp setting Idea!  (Read 4457 times)

Offline Emory.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
My ideas to make hl2rp setting Idea!
« on: April 16, 2013, 06:26:51 PM »
hey this is Emory you all probably don't remember me. but i have a idea!  how about a new setting not in eastern europe but in america ! I have seen concept art of half life 2 in a american city and it looked dark and depressing I love it! I can imagine walking through the streets of City 1 raining and watching fellow citizens being beat up and looking and the skyscrapers. I can also imagine the outlands in america huge abandoned interstate with OTA units Patroling and random thumbers to keep the antlions away. A whole new setting would be nice well in my opinion.
Emory.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: My ideas to make hl2rp setting Idea!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 06:45:49 PM »
A setting in North America would require the entire citizen base to be re-located to a different continent, which is something that I highly doubt would happen. Also, the current theory as to why people speak primarily English in the region of Ukraine (from an IC standpoint) is that the Union re-located populations from parts of the world to another. For example, Americans would have been moved to places like Eastern Europe, where the area is unfamiliar to them, making organized resistance more difficult.

Also, Europe has highway systems and what not lol. They aren't a third world region. But OTa aren't going to be setting up thumpers to keep antlions away from these areas unless they have an outpost set there, as they don't want a freezone for transit that refugees can use to transport supplies and move around. They want these places to be dangerous.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Emory.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 06:57:09 PM »
Yeah good point im playing with the fakefactory mod (not with all the HD chars hate the aylx skins). And i love looking at the highway systam hell when i think about it all i want is signs.
Emory.

Offline Phoenix

• Unit 701
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 06:21:59 PM »
I think that hanging out in City 1 or City 29 would be cool. This would require Oz or one of our amazing map makers to actually take on a project such as that though. (Haven't seen a City 1 or City 29 map so that's why I'm saying that.)

Even though I think it is a cool idea, I still don't really see a point in changing the map if we have to go through a lot of IC events to get transported across the ocean.

Anyway, it's a cool idea and maybe they would consider it, but most likely they won't unless you get a lot of support.
A minute after I told Rofl about this combo of VC's

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 03:37:00 PM »
I no like ze idea. It's cool that the HL2RP setting isn't America centric...I'm so sick of that stuff. The Eastern Europe tone is refreshing and reminiscent of Soviet Work Camps

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal