Author Topic: Catalyst-Gaming Minecraft  (Read 16818 times)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Catalyst-Gaming Minecraft
« on: April 07, 2013, 08:52:57 PM »

Thank you vizioN for the wonderful banner.

IP: 64.31.14.194:25565

Introduction
    So, what is this you ask? Many of you know that I made a server a little while ago. This is basically it, but I don't have to pay for this one! I was offered a spot on Catalyst-Gaming's server box, and being the cheap ass I am, I took it.

What's Different From Your Server?
    Nothing, other than a couple new unnoticeable features and a few new noticeable ones. The unnoticeable ones are just a different permissions plugin and chat handler, but you can still set a nickname with colors, so don't worry.

But what's the new features? Well, KarmaLord(#TimeLord) helped me A LOT with the server, and one thing he added is a creative world. There's a portal at spawn made out of wool that teleports you to the creative world. The creative and survival worlds have separate inventories, so nothing can be brought to and from each world.

Another feature is all regions, besides spawn and creative world, are gone. Little England no longer has regions. You can not destroy other people's stuff in creative, nor can you place or destroy bedrock.

"But my stuff!" Yes, protect it. Hide it. Build traps. Go ahead and kill players that are trying to take from you. THAT'S WHAT VANILLA SURVIVAL IS.

"But what if I'm not online!?" LWC has been added and is only active when you're offline. Read the commands that you're allowed(http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=23613.msg173227#msg173227), lock your chests with a password, and add the players you wish to open it to the allowed list.

The last thing is new ranks. Owner has been changed to manager, and developer and moderator have been added. Developer is basically just Karma, and moderator is a low end admin.

What's Happening to Your Server?
    I don't know. I'll figure something out. If you have suggestions, tell me. I own it until the end of June.

New Rules
    Yes, new rules. Read them. Abide by them. Or else...

Here's the new full list.

• Treat ALL players with respect.
    • Do not kill someone for no reason. Only engage in combat if you feel they are a threat to you and/or your property. Yes, you can raid and mug, but they have every right to try and kill you. If you're just walking by someone and they are no threat to you, don't kill them.
    • Do not grief someone's property. You may break blocks here and there if you are raiding, but don't just demolish their house.
    • Just because a rule isn't listed doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If you're unsure, ask a moderator, admin, manager, or developer.

[/list]
    « Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 08:51:47 PM by Kronic »

Offline Katsu

• #1 KotL picker
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    Re: Catalyst-Gaming Minecraft
    « Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 08:55:21 PM »
    Cool

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
    • Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 10:22:14 PM »
    soooo are the CG admins also admins on the CG minecraft?

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 10:28:51 PM »
    soooo are the CG admins also admins on the CG minecraft?

Doubt it.

Offline Scratchie

• test
    • Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 11:28:37 PM »
    Due to some people not knowing how to not grief, creative is now trusted players only.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
    • Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 11:33:30 PM »
    Why are we not allowed to kill other players for their stuff? That means there's basically no reason to ever kill another person at this point.

Current Characters:
    Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
    Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
    Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
    '091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
    Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Katsu

• #1 KotL picker
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 11:48:02 PM »
    Why are we not allowed to kill other players for their stuff? That means there's basically no reason to ever kill another person at this point.
    I think it means like you can't see someone outside kill them then loot their house but killing someone inside because you are looting their stuff is ok?

Offline raged

• hi im raged
    • Gold Member
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 11:59:22 PM »

i interpreted it as dont kill people for the sake of killing them

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 12:04:25 AM »

i interpreted it as dont kill people for the sake of killing them

This is a big part of why we made the rule.

5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
    5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
    5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
    5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
    • Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 12:18:08 AM »
    Except that killing someone for their stuff isn't killing them for no reason. You're killing them because you want what they have. That's probably the most logical reason to kill someone in the game aside from them invading your property. If they want to not get killed for their things, they should make a secretive base out away from spawn, or band together to scare off raiders. But having that rule in place is just silly. Raiding other people's bases and killing is a huge part of the game, and it's a vanilla aspect on a non-creative server.

EDIT: Just thought about this part. You're pretty much giving people unscripted protection at this point, because of the fact you can't kill them for their shit anymore. I mean seriously, I can't tell you how much this rule hurts my brain. You might as well disable pvp.
    « Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 12:23:25 AM by Lone Wanderer »

Current Characters:
    Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
    Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
    Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
    '091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
    Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
    • Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 01:41:17 AM »
    This is not much different from the RDM rule on any other CG Gmod server. You dont kill people unless they somehow annoy you, or they mess with your stuff/base etc.

However, I would kind of agree that you should be able to PVP while you are out in the overworld and not at someones base. This gives people a reason to wear armor and weapons to protect themselves when they are out to collect resources etc.

Just dont kill someone while he is at anyones base to build and such.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
    Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 02:02:25 AM »
    This is not much different from the RDM rule on any other CG Gmod server. You dont kill people unless they somehow annoy you, or they mess with your stuff/base etc.

However, I would kind of agree that you should be able to PVP while you are out in the overworld and not at someones base. This gives people a reason to wear armor and weapons to protect themselves when they are out to collect resources etc.

Just dont kill someone while he is at anyones base to build and such.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>

and if you're raiding..?

Offline raged

• hi im raged
    • Gold Member
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 06:28:26 AM »
    disable pvp and give everyone godmode while you're at it

anarchy servers with lenient/fair administration are the best kind of survival servers

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 06:29:39 AM »
    disable pvp and give everyone godmode while you're at it

anarchy servers with lenient/fair administration are the best kind of survival servers

too late for that already

Offline Scratchie

• test
    • Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 06:39:05 AM »
    Killing while raiding is acceptable. Raiding excessively is not acceptable.

The RDM on Minecraft is more along the lines of not just killing them for walking by in a town.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal