Author Topic: So how about dat future?  (Read 6325 times)

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
So how about dat future?
« on: April 03, 2013, 03:12:56 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUOB4tdFDYM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUOB4tdFDYM</a>

That future yo.

People tend to get really pessimistic about the world, always angry at it and misanthropic. Times like these are great! We're here at the dawn of a new millennium and have seen the birth of AI, biotech, nanotech, fission, fusion and the internet. We are going places fast.

I believe that within this century, Mankind will reach a point of complete social harmony and we'll expand out into the galaxy. It makes me wish I was born in 2050 or something.

Thoughts?

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: So how about dat future?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 04:52:15 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpYUW0ekPSA" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpYUW0ekPSA</a>
Technology, we depend out entire lives upon it. And will continue to do so til the day we die. The day we all, die.

Honestly, I dream of a day when all people can look at one another and smile. Complete strangers that can look at each other and pass not judgement of any kind and see them selves as equals of all levels of life.

Unfortunately it just wont happen. Not in my life time. Humans as a species thrive upon conflict and not matter how much we want to look at one another and say I'm equal to you, and I accept it, it just wont happen. We all thrive for greatness above anyone else. And we will always judge, look down, look up, think, argue, bicker, hate, live, die... etc etc.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:58:07 PM by KJUN »

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 09:24:33 AM »
Though time really scares me, though I bet those in 2050 will wish they were born in 2100 and so on

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 10:00:53 AM »
Here's something I finished reading yesterday which I thought was cool:

http://www.futuretimeline.net/

I wouldn't really examine anything written on that site too in depth because things are subject to change within a heartbeat.

Aside from the projected advancement of computer science (apparently reaching the known limits in 4000 AD) and the apparent rise of human augmentation, it makes me a bit sad to know that we probably won't live to see interstellar commercial flight in our time.

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 08:39:49 PM »
      I'm sure that,  at the rate technology is advancing, we will have a society that lives in harmony in the relatively near future. Whether its within our lifetimes or not is unpredictable as  leaps in technology are unpredictable. Now, I'm sure this will make me sound like a tin foil hat theorist, but I'm not so worried as to whether we will have world peace, but how it will be achieved. After all, we are constantly comming up with new ways to mainstream information and put it all in one place, where the powers of the world are able to interfere and censor what we can and cannot learn. More frightening but less likely, with all the advances in study of the brain and of biotechnology, its possible the way we reach harmony is with the human race essentially becomming like the ant colony, with a one or a few people making decisions and a bunch of essentially mindless workers.

While they are a far cry from giving up our freedom and becomming drones, there are plenty  of examples in modern day of people giving up rights and freedom for technology and convenience. On the internet, we use google and facebook to search quickly and connect with friends, even though we allow corporations access to personal data. With valve's steam we have seen gamers give up their right to actually own games (since with steam you are technically renting the liscenses that are attatched to your account) so they can have all their games in one convenient place where they are easy to buy and re-install. Many modern phones are easily tracked via the gps inside them and the convenient texts you send are recorded and easy to access.

I love living in the current day with all our modern conveniences, and I believe stunning technology is on its way. I personally believe, however, that we have to be carefully monitor how these new technologies are being used.
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 10:57:01 PM »

I wouldn't really examine anything written on that site too in depth because things are subject to change within a heartbeat.

Aside from the projected advancement of computer science (apparently reaching the known limits in 4000 AD) and the apparent rise of human augmentation, it makes me a bit sad to know that we probably won't live to see interstellar commercial flight in our time.
Aww i love that friggin website, it just takes my immagination to somewhere i haven't been to yet and at the same time it all seems possible. Idk about ocean cities though, i don't think that's something that won't be possible till 2100's atleast.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 11:03:04 AM »

Aww i love that friggin website, it just takes my immagination to somewhere i haven't been to yet and at the same time it all seems possible. Idk about ocean cities though, i don't think that's something that won't be possible till 2100's atleast.

Rapture/Columbia

Yes yes. I will found my own city and there will be no gods, only man.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 11:17:56 AM »
What I think is going to happen in the future is pretty scary. I know we're trying to create technology that's so advanced that we won't have to work for anything anymore; however, the way I think it will happen isn't as great as people may think "not having to work for anything" would be. I think it's all going to go wrong. Somewhere along the way, something just has to happen that was unexpected and that we are unprepared for. There are too many possibilities for me to go into detail here, and every conversation I've had about this has gone on for hours so I'll just leave it at this.

Another pretty scary thing in my opinion: we can't expect to get much further than where we are now when we are already threatening others with nuclear attacks. As our technology gets more advanced we're always going to be developing new weapons. Bigger, stronger, and better than those we already have. The world has already seen what a nuke can do, now just imagine what future weapons will be able to do.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 11:22:15 AM »

Rapture/Columbia

Yes yes. I will found my own city and there will be no gods, only man.

Your avatar picture matches this perfectly. I don't know why.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 11:29:08 AM by STALKER »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal