Author Topic: About handhelded radio.  (Read 3696 times)

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
About handhelded radio.
« on: March 29, 2013, 08:43:18 PM »
We all know about this radio thingy where we type a frequency in and then chit-chat to others, but what happen if someone get caught? Do he have to say what his frequency to the radio is? Because it is kind of dump since a handheld radio has a few buttons to say what frequency it is on. So if a CP unit ties a citizen and find the radio on him. The frequency would still be on. That means people who is using the radios should be more careful when walking in the open. That happen to me when I got caught by two OTA soldiers who took my radio. I told them my frequency since it was still on my radio when they took it.

Credit goes to jackal

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: About handhelded radio.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 08:46:38 PM »
That happen to me when I got caught by two OTA soldiers who took my radio. I told them my frequency since it was still on my radio when they took it.

Yes, this is the proper procedure to follow.

It's a system that relies on honesty.

Offline Grom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 09:15:01 PM »
An interesting point is whether this happens in the opposite situation. If a CP was captured and his radio device inspected, would the frequency be visible or would the radio need to be maintained in order to listen in on Union transmissions?

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 09:32:58 PM »
Normally the unit/ota etc will ask you oocly what the frequency is. And the log and report it so they can do whatever it is they need to do with it.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 09:41:08 PM »
If someone gets ahold of another persons radio, whoever it was, must give up the frequency it was tuned on, and no, the CCA is not immune to that.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 09:43:04 PM »
If someone gets ahold of another persons radio, whoever it was, must give up the frequency it was tuned on, and no, the CCA is not immune to that.

Why wouldn't the CCA use union radios with encryption?

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 09:46:46 PM »

Encryption prevents every other larry harry and garry listening in if they have the frequency, if they keep the radio they stole, they can still hear you.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Grom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 11:25:04 PM »

Encryption prevents every other larry harry and garry listening in if they have the frequency, if they keep the radio they stole, they can still hear you.
I think this is the best way of handling it. If a citizen is able to get their hands on a CCA radio, they should be given the code. There's nothing stopping the CCA from changing frequency later on once the security breach is reported, but until that happens they should be able to listen in.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal