Author Topic: Felix Spectre's Authorization Application  (Read 4420 times)

Offline Nickofett???

• hai, i'm nickofett.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Felix Spectre's Authorization Application
« on: March 27, 2013, 08:56:08 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Nickofett
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): About Three years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Two years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
White Liar Mask and clothing (Look up Chris Fehn mask, and there you have it. Also it's the white version)

Katana Sword (Black colored hilt and steel blade)

Name: Felix Spectre
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
 The beginning of Felix's journey.

Felix started began to lose his sanity after his parents burned in a fire, just before the seven hour war. During the fire he attempted to save his family but ended up burning his face up, he ran from the authorities to escape the blame of arson. Slowly but surely the fire melted him away mentally. Soon after running from authorities the Union invaded. He showed no signs of insanity so he was released into the cities. Living in the UCH made him see the reality of the situation, he fled into P3. This is of course he lives now.

White Liar outfit-
  Due to Felix's horrible people skills and insanity he created a mask to scare people off. The mask is white and the eyes are sunken in, the mouth is a zipper and the nose is seven and a half inches long. His outfit was created by stripped pieces of citizen clothing, he stole others spare cloths and took his own to make it. He also dipped it all in a crude black dye finishing the design. On the other hand... the mask was made of human remains, zippers, and leather. He skinned and torn apart starved citizens in P3 to make his outfit. He tanned the skin into a leather and dyed it in black. The mask was a mixture of rubber and skin. For the shaping of the mask he carved bones. After completing all the mask and outfit he put it all together.

Katana Sword-
    Felix spends his days in P3 searching and scavenging, hoping to pickup spare food or loose change. Back at home he had nothing, aside from the destroy furniture. Felix was poor and he was feeling the sting of life in P3. He always thought of the possessions he had in his old home, a happy family with a new red couch for them to sit. A kitchen used for eating and preparing for guests. A house with two restrooms, a house filled with glee and happiness. He always yearned to feel the heft of his old blade in his hands, but that was just a dream. There was no possibilities of finding it laying on the street of the dead. He remembers the words of his many masters. They all say never to lose the sword and you will be shown the path of responsibility. The words haunt him and he dwells on them at night, thinking of how he failed his past masters. "Dead they must be...", he always thought of course he was right, the combine would not let anyone with knowledge of creating a sword live. But The thought of a blade in his hands made him crazed. He saw the men who mentored him, the men who guided him through all his wiles. He yearned for the heft in his hands. With this memory he prowls the streets searching for whatever junk he could get his hands on. On one rainy night, something possessed him to go outside and scrounge the area, so he did. A voice in his head told him to head to the bar (// Okay it's that one grizzly thing in P3 I don't know what's called...), upon entry he was greeted to a group of two standing in the door way. One hold a shank and the other a black sword which appeared to be a Katana. Felix stood in the doorway sizing up his chances against the two. After a brief moment he realized he would be completely outmatched. So he continued into the bar heading towards the restroom. The restroom was a mess and had toilet paper strewn all over the room. Felix sighed before pressing his ear to the paper thin wall. As he listened he heard that one had come from the Outlands and returned with great loot. The other was living in a spare apartment in P3, Felix continued to listen. About ten minutes pressed on before he heard gunshots in the other room. The room around Felix suddenly had a tense feeling, he moved slightly out of the restroom to see what was happening. The two that were talking lay dead on the floor, and a man with a 9mm was hunched over looting the corpses, Felix tapped on the doorway as he stared at the man. With a worried expression the gunner looked up from his work and noticed Felix and his outfit, he quickly went for his pocket and pulled nothing out. He said, " Hey, I'm out man... j-just don't hurt me you can have what you want!". The gunner stared at Felix with a fearful expression. " I'll take the Katana and you can have everything else.", Felix moved to take the Katana. " Umm, okay okay... sure... good deal I just don't want trouble.", the gunner said out of fear. Felix nodded to the man before exiting the bar with the blade on his back. He returned home, a began learning the blade's insides and outs. For many days he practiced in his small home. Now that he has learned the blade and the blade him, he walks with a small pride in his heard with the Katana strapped onto his back.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Mask\Outfit- The mask will hopefully scare off those who try to oppose him, the outfit will give him limited protection against weather and attacks.

Katana Blade- The blade will give him the ability to protect him any threat, and he will only use it as a tool of defense and intimidation.

Defects
Mask\Outfit- Both the mask and outfit will definitely scare people off, but he has no real way to see if the person he's scaring off is good or not.

Katana Blade- The blade is three pounds of steel, but the position would most likely retard his ability to run at his normal pace. Thus making an escape from a threat much more difficult.

Mental defects- Schizophrenia
Post traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)                                     
Agoraphobia
Schizotypal
Pyromania

He developed most of these horrible mental disorders as he hunted the man who set fire to the house. Which sadly he will never find... because there was no man involved. Throughout his quest he had seen many things that would have made any normal man go ballistic and kill those around him.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Perks will be used as a mean of defense. His mask and outfit will hopefully scare off those who wish to harm him, in the mind on the deepest levels he's a kind man, just blinded by his past.

The defects would invite soul RP of mental breakdowns and loneliness. I had a slightly insane character named unit 822 (rip), this type of RP had never interested me, but after I had 822 breakdown I really enjoyed that kind of RP and I look forward to what I can do with this character.
Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Nope.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
Felix comes from a rough past, he has become compulsive about the fire that destroyed his family. He hunts the man that never existed whom he blames for the fire.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 06:56:55 PM by Nickofett™ »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYewS88KGDU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYewS88KGDU</a>
This is Nickofett.

Offline Rudolph the Master Blaster

• me and smt
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Felix Spectre's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 09:56:46 PM »
I'd like a bit of a more detailed story for your Katana. Just finding it on a dead guy isn't really gunna cut it, the chances of it is pretty much nil.
There are frequent grammar mistakes and a couple of spelling mistakes
I have no problem with your mask,however it looks like you just want this character just so you can chop people up...

These times have done a lot of damage to him, and there is no helping him, instead just the wish that you meet him when he's not in his insane mode.

tl;dr there isn't enough detail in your app, please add more.

Offline Nickofett???

• hai, i'm nickofett.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 04:30:09 PM »
Yeah I kinda figured so... Whenever I don't put much effort into something, it ends up looking like it was writen by a three year old. My apologies.

Okay, I've edited it. Added more detail, fix grammar, etc.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 06:57:58 PM by Nickofett™ »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYewS88KGDU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYewS88KGDU</a>
This is Nickofett.

Offline Grom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 11:21:35 PM »
To me, this application isn't very well written and doesn't really give any indication of your roleplaying abilities. All we really see is a rather cliched madman serial killer character who runs around with a mask made of human flesh and a katana. There's a lot of room for improvement, and I think you should take the time to flesh the background out if possible.

Soon after running from authorities the Union invaded. He showed no signs of insanity so he was released into the cities.
I'm not sure how realistic this is. Given the numerous mental illnesses you described in the application, you'd think the Union would know there's something wrong with a guy whose face is mostly burned away.

On the other hand... the mask was made of human remains, zippers, and leather. He skinned and torn apart starved citizens in P3 to make his outfit.
How did he kill these people? What did he use? How did he manage to skin human corpses? Did he have a knife? How did he tan human hides without anyone noticing and how did he end up with the chemicals you'd need to tan and dye flesh?

He remembers the words of his many masters. They all say never to lose the sword and you will be shown the path of responsibility.
What masters? What sword? To me, it seems like there's a lot you haven't talked about in this application but have mentioned in passing. If he received training in swordplay, surely that's something you'd need to apply for specifically?

I'll take the Katana and you can have everything else.", Felix moved to take the Katana. " Umm, okay okay... sure... good deal I just don't want trouble."
If the gunman just shot two people in cold blood, he's probably a pretty tough killer. He's murdered two people and has their weapons lying in front of him, but he just decides to leave their gear and run off because an unarmed man told him to?

As I've already said, I think you need to flesh this application out a lot. There's lots of gaps and there's a lot that doesn't make sense. If you're interested in exploring the mind of a mentally ill character, then maybe you should just leave out the mask and the sword for now. Perhaps you could roleplay constructing the mask and finding a blade as part of the character's development on the server rather than applying for them out of the blue. To me, that'd be much more interesting and much more satisfying than just receiving them straight off the bat.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 03:29:57 AM »
I'd personally like to see a reason why can your character use katana properly, unless he's just going to wave it around like a toy.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 05:41:03 AM »
Going to say that a decent quality katana requires intense training to use effectively. You'd need to have trained for a year or more with it in order to actually do some damage without breaking it or blunting it.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 06:43:59 AM »
I don't see why you would want a katana
They're not sturdy at all and they break easy
Only plus side is that they're sharp and somewhat light

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 09:09:07 AM »
Katanas are made from the strongest steel known currently to man, they don't "Break easy" at all, one can slice through two inches of bamboo easily and they keep their sharpness a very long time.

However I think the idea of a Katana in Outlands/city is useless and a cliche, you'll never properly use it and overall a knife is better for city. They're very long and impossible to hide and unless you're close its useless with out the proper training.
Though it does appear that he was trained to use one, finding one in City 17 or outlands would be impossible due to the rarity of the /useful ones/, as they can take years to make and cost thousands of dollars.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 01:41:13 PM »
Soon after running from authorities the Union invaded. He showed no signs of insanity so he was released into the cities.

People don't usually just lose a mental illness and stop showing signs if they had just aquired it, certainly if no medications were taken. So in that case, it would be just pure shock and mental scarring.

He remembers the words of his many masters.

When did you meet these masters and how did you manage to meet them?

Mental defects- Schizophrenia
Post traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)                                     
Agoraphobia
Schizotypal
Pyromania

And you have a katana? I have an immense feeling that this character containing this authorization app might go a little crazy with that weapon. But I could be proven wrong. He could just slash at the shadows.

Throughout his quest he had seen many things that would have made any normal man go ballistic and kill those around him.

From those diseases and mental illnesses listed up there, I think this character would go ballistic if someone bumped into him.

One hold a shank and the other a black sword which appeared to be a Katana.

This is plausable as it has been done before in the past, but very rare. One would usually not be out in the open body guarding the Grizzly Groto with it.

Katana Blade- The blade will give him the ability to protect him any threat, and he will only use it as a tool of defense and intimidation.

A Katana is a powerful weapon, but it is for close quarters combat and won't help you against an oppenent who has a long ranged/mid-ranged weapon.

Fix these up and you'd have my support. But for now i'll keep it in the neutral zone.

Offline Nickofett???

• hai, i'm nickofett.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 04:06:54 PM »
Okay, I'm most likely going to redo this application. The storys are very mephitic, and honestly I don't know what possessed me to allow such a neurotic application through the system. I am feeling very compunctious about this, indeed I'm apologetic but this application makes me adulterated.
This is Nickofett.

Offline Rudolph the Master Blaster

• me and smt
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 08:20:22 PM »
Im gunna be honest but have no idea what a quarter of those words meant but i think I got the gist of it.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 09:01:03 PM »
Katanas are made from the strongest steel known currently to man, they don't "Break easy" at all, one can slice through two inches of bamboo easily and they keep their sharpness a very long time.
yes every katana in existance is made by true japanese masters who work on it for 3 months, using the best materials possible, before giving it to a random man who dies with it in a western society

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 11:52:44 PM »
yes every katana in existance is made by true japanese masters who work on it for 3 months, using the best materials possible, before giving it to a random man who dies with it in a western society
I'm just going off what details he posted in the app, yes there are some shit copies out there, but most of them /are/ in america not Romania.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 01:00:19 AM »
i would like to add (or rather reinforce as its been previously said) katanas aren't the most durable of weapons. i know several people who train with them as its part of their martial art and they're designed to aim to essentially kill people and not to clash with other weapons as they break pretty easily.

you'd be better off getting something else and that doesn't give off a stereotype of a bad character.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 11:58:12 AM »
Previous posts in this thread summed up the main problems with your application.
Feel free to re-apply once you fix them up - but for now, this application is denied.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal