Author Topic: Clockwork Thirdperson  (Read 8347 times)

Offline Gaupeloff

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Clockwork Thirdperson
« on: March 24, 2013, 10:41:58 AM »
Hi! On several clockwork servers, in the settings menu there is a checkbox for "Thirdperson View" (Or something like that). What I am suggesting is enabling this function within both the HL2RP servers.

Thanks for your time!

EDIT: Link to the thirdperson plugin for Clockwork: http://forums.cloudsixteen.com/index.php?topic=983.0
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 10:50:02 AM by Gaupseth »

Offline Rudolph the Master Blaster

• me and smt
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Clockwork Thirdperson
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 12:08:15 PM »
I like this feature, although it'll have no Merits ICly and could probably be used for metagaming.. I see a lot of other good features in the thread you linked, such as the Union doors.

Offline Gaupeloff

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 12:49:27 PM »
I like this feature, although it'll have no Merits ICly and could probably be used for metagaming.. I see a lot of other good features in the thread you linked, such as the Union doors.

Ah, you mean for example looking around corners without exposing yourself? Yeah, that could happen. Personally I like this feature because it allows me to look at myself from another viewpoint so I can see the cool animations and such. (And it impairs my aim, S2M :P)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 12:54:12 PM »
This was suggested before. FYI.

Offline Gaupeloff

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 12:57:28 PM »
This was suggested before. FYI.

Really? I'm very very sorry, but the search engine confuses me a little bit. But did they link to the same exact plugin, or did the person request that the staff script one from scratch?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 01:00:16 PM by Gaupseth »

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 01:50:47 PM »
 You do know that having third person would lead to problems like looking through walls with the shoulder camera and crosshairs are off aim.

Offline Gaupeloff

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 01:58:30 PM »
You do know that having third person would lead to problems like looking through walls with the shoulder camera and crosshairs are off aim.

Actually I think that if you attempt to look through a wall, the camera doesn't go through it, it just goes along the wall, not through it. And for the crosshairs, there's a small custom yellow crosshair optimized for the plugin.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 03:31:44 PM »
Third person does not allow you to look through walls. Third person is actually in place for SYNTH and City Scanners and there is no looking through walls.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline ReDrUm?´´?´°

• RedFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 03:32:05 PM »
For me personally, third person fucks up my personal immersion, but if other players like it better third person then so long as you can't use it to look through walls and shit, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to enable third person.

C45.CCA.S4-OfC.280 | HEALTHY | Head of Section 4 Support
Rokus Relici | UNKNOWN | Standard P3 Criminal Scum
Kaylin Jacobs | HEALTHY | Accepted into the CWU

Offline Gaupeloff

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 03:34:43 PM »
For me personally, third person fucks up my personal immersion, but if other players like it better third person then so long as you can't use it to look through walls and shit, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to enable third person.

Yes, it is toggleable, so those who want to keep it first person (Like you) are able to, while people who want third person (Like me) can turn it on. It is not forced in any way.

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 06:04:24 PM »
I don't like third person because all they have to do is stand around a corner and they can see around the corner. It's fucking annoying and makes metagaming 2x worse.

Offline Gaupeloff

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 09:31:36 AM »
I don't like third person because all they have to do is stand around a corner and they can see around the corner. It's fucking annoying and makes metagaming 2x worse.

Yes, as I said that could happen. For now let's wait till we know if it gets accepted or not.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 01:38:10 PM »

Yes, as I said that could happen. For now let's wait till we know if it gets accepted or not.

Yeah i recall that was the reason the old thread was denied. Idk bout you but i dont want people metagaming that.

I do not support of this.

Offline Gaupeloff

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 02:31:39 PM »

Yeah i recall that was the reason the old thread was denied. Idk bout you but i dont want people metagaming that.

I do not support of this.

Well, I'm sad to see that several don't like this, but if the majority doesn't want it, I can't complain.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal