Author Topic: How much do you game?  (Read 7980 times)

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
How much do you game?
« on: March 20, 2013, 01:09:27 AM »
Many people say gaming for too long is bad physically and mentally. Honstely I couldn't give a shit, so I game for a LARGE amount of time. At least 6 hours a day, and that's just the week days. In about 2.5 years, I logged over 1,000 hours on gmod, and 400 hours on CS:S. this dosent even include Xbox time and other shit. When is one called  addicted to gaming? I wouldn't really say I am, because there is litterly really nothing better to do in my rural city. Just a thought, I also kinda wanted to know how much others game, and what they consider themselves.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 01:16:52 AM by Cat With A Mustache »

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How much do you game?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 01:14:10 AM »
I do atleast 100 hours on gmod a month now, try to make all of those hours admining on HRP, but some of those are just me derping on another server or something RPing and what not. So yeah, gmod is prety much it as it cost nothing to play really, unlike xbox and using live which is 50$ a year. So yeah. I fine the investment/ROI is more on Gmod then anything else really.

Offline shrimp

• The ONLY Ninja
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 01:42:39 AM »
Well, Gaming i'd say about 4-6 hours a day. On my computer generally, I'd say 7-9 hours daily, counting for gaming on pc too.
A real human beeeeeiiinnnggg.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 01:45:22 AM »
I game a ton, probably about the same as said above. But I'm still involved at school, with my friends, my family, and my church. I do spenda lot of my time when I'm not doing something scheduled or something on the computer. Wouldn't say it's impacted me to negatively, though.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 01:54:07 AM »
Well I have 3500 hours on garrysmod and 1500 hours on source SDK so I do a LOT of developing. I usually spend a good 6-8 hours on the computer either gaming or developing when not at work. Even more on weekends. But I also work out in the mornings and do outdoor activities like snowboarding and unicycling and airsoft.

As long as you find something to balance it out you enjoy and eat healthy (not easy when you live on your own and all you want is pizza) you should live a healthy lifestyle.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: How much do you game?
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 03:24:41 AM »
Well I have 3500 hours on garrysmod and 1500 hours on source SDK so I do a LOT of developing. I usually spend a good 6-8 hours on the computer either gaming or developing when not at work. Even more on weekends. But I also work out in the mornings and do outdoor activities like snowboarding and unicycling and airsoft.

As long as you find something to balance it out you enjoy and eat healthy (not easy when you live on your own and all you want is pizza) you should live a healthy lifestyle.

Bitch please, I have about 7000 hours on Gmod alone. But that is from about 6 years ever since I got Gmod.
I spend the majority of my free time behind the desk usually playing all sorts of games, which I then record and LP. So I guess you can add video editing to my list. I also just recently found my passion for mapping again. (Mainly portal 2 maps.)

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:25:08 AM by Nicknero1405 »
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 03:51:26 AM »
Yeh I game quite a lot, have: 630 hours of Football manager, 925 hours of CSS and 4380 hours of Gmod.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 09:08:35 AM »
8-9 hours on weekdays, spending on my PC. Most of it gaming.

Weekends it depends what I am doing, but 16 is possible if im home all day

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 10:05:04 AM »
Depends on the time of the year for me, really. During the winter there isn't much to do besides ice fish and play hockey, so a lot of my time is spent on the computer. When Spring/Summer/Fall comes I spend more time outside on my boats, jet skis, wakeboarding, swimming, working, etc. I have been fading away from gaming the past year it seems like.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 11:00:52 AM »
lately my game time has only averaged 3-4 hours a day because of schoolwork and other things.

I've only racked up 400 or so hours on Gmod though, atleast 350 being all OCRP and the other 50 being TTT and Gmod videos.

The game I have the most playtime on steam is (yes I am ashamed of myself) Black ops 1 with around 475 hours. Mw2 is the second with 460 or so.

Offline Kelvyn

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 07:44:03 PM »
I game about 7-9 hours a day, usually. Sometimes it gets lower when I just get completely bored, but there are other days when I have nothing to do, and spend 10-11. Lol.  :D

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 05:57:34 AM »
I've racked up 2014 hours on Gmod at time of writing.

Shit. What the fuck am I doing.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 10:29:16 AM »
I've racked up 2014 hours on Gmod at time of writing.

Shit. What the fuck am I doing.

we have an excuse because all you can do here is climb hills or stab people while it rains 24/7

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 11:08:57 AM »
I have a fractured ankle as of current and I have to keep it elevated at all times and try not to move it. This means I am currently spending 17-18 hours a day on the computer. It would be embarrasing if it wasn't fractured but I have a social life, so it's unlikely I'd ever spend so much time on a computer again.

Offline Jon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 01:00:02 PM »
From ages 12 to about 18.
Only naming significant times tbh (At least 50 hrs or something)
I did play a hours on my bros acco before I got mine.
On 1st account (2007):
3,295.4 hours gmod
925.0 C:SS
Let's call the rest about 120 hours
On 2nd account (2010):
421.2 hours CS:S
359.2 hrs Garry's Mod
187.3 hrs Mount & Blade: WFAS
89.5 hrs Mount & Blade: Warband
79.8 hrs DC Universe Online
76.2 hrs Fallout: New Vegas
Let's call the rest about 440 hrs
On 3rd account
Gmod 137.6 hrs
TF2 57.1 hrs
CS:s 54.7 hrs
rest 1.3 hrs

So in total I've played 6244.3 hours which is only 0.712 years in total.
Tbf though a lot of this time was achieved between age 11 and 15 as I didn't go out a lot, only meals with family and school, as I was in a car accident and had a bandage on my head.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 01:04:58 PM by Jon »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal