Author Topic: City17_Industrial Map Event [SUGGESTION]  (Read 5806 times)

Offline Mr.Qman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
City17_Industrial Map Event [SUGGESTION]
« on: March 18, 2013, 02:21:32 AM »
Warning, this is my first suggestion and it’s really just a concept and I’d rather have people say what they like and don’t like so I can add/remove things.

So what will happen is that the distant off factories and smokestacks will make a loud noise, and begin to pump really dense, cloudy air. After a while of the pollution just going over it'll eventually make the streets hard to breath in, and hard to see in. It'll be a dense, grey cloud and the only way to stop said pollution throughout the city is either using vents, or waiting it out. So, I'm thinking if this pollution gets as bad as I want it to, S0, or High Command S4L will pretty much pull up communication and yell at the other factories to stop whatever they are doing, and they'd say no for reasons they cannot reveal and that the pollution will go for another half hour. So, citizens need to find their way to the nexus, and once there they will be given a mask by units. S4L units can deploy sticks with bright lights at the end of it to help guide people through the streets. But, P3 will be having more trouble, citizens in P3 will have to deal with less vented air, and more thick fog. They'd have to work together with the small amount of help the CCA can give, try not to fall, and work their way to the nexus. Once everyone who is able to get there, or until the CCA stops passing masks outs, the fog should begin to worsen and the factories going at it again, lying in their report. So, now the gasses are beginning to hurt people from to much in-take, and they would actually need to go inside buildings or near vented areas before the announcements obnoxiously play the broadcast “A good citizen always know to conserve precious oxygen.” Before the factories stop producing massive amounts of smoke, and C17’s ventilation system can catch up with the smoke, and filter the air properly.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: City17_Industrial Map Event [SUGGESTION]
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 02:55:21 AM »
Usually events like these end up as "Herd all the citizens into a building and lock them in while the CCA handle the problem." while, being realistic and unavoidable, isn't very popular with citizens once they become bored of talking with each other or don't put the effort into passive RP.

Other than that it's an original idea and it sure hasn't been done before, and it would make sense to the "conserving oxygen" posters, and it will help keep interest and population in the server, so I think the benefits do outweigh.

I say do it, but don't draw it out too much.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Mr.Qman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 03:53:03 AM »
I know that the citizens can have a part in this somehow, I know it but I just don't exactly know what it is. Citizens have common sense, and others with mechanical/technical knowledge can actually help with vents and junk but there should be something they all can do, I just can't think of it.

*Jimmy Neutron think think.*

Idea, okay so let's say one of the vents jam up, or get something stuck in them, and there are no units around. Maybe it'd be more interesting for the citizens if one of the houses they are in has a vent that messes up, and it's up to them to stop it, seeing how difficult it'd be to go from point a to point b for the units.

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 06:08:32 AM »
I don't think the CCA would be willing to let a bunch of civilians into the Nexus and give them free masks.
It's a creative idea, but it seems like it'll end up being a CCA heavy event.

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 09:54:21 AM »
I don't think the CCA would be willing to let a bunch of civilians into the Nexus and give them free masks.
It's a creative idea, but it seems like it'll end up being a CCA heavy event.

This as well. Letting citizens into the nexus was a no-no since the last "Civil Administrator Mass-Interview Session" minievent went wrong, with some citizens lolrunning into elevators, trying to get in the armory, and falling down the access shaft to the CA's office and dieing.

Only three survived.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline ReDrUm?´´?´°

• RedFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 04:41:23 PM »
There has been a gas event before similar to this. It ended up with crowding the citizens and units into the garage while S4L(At that time, GRID) and HC handled the problem. It's a good idea but unfortunately it's impossible to avoid turning it into another citizen herding event.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 04:43:35 PM by ReDrUm?´´?´° »

C45.CCA.S4-OfC.280 | HEALTHY | Head of Section 4 Support
Rokus Relici | UNKNOWN | Standard P3 Criminal Scum
Kaylin Jacobs | HEALTHY | Accepted into the CWU

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 06:06:50 PM »
It's impossible altogether to have a lot of events without citizen herding in some form, but it's wholly dependent on the citizens to roleplay their situation, in times like this they become like cats, when they're suddenly contained, all they want to do is get out.

Offline Mr.Qman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 09:57:00 PM »
Okay, I never said they had to be in the nexus, I believe that some other buildings in P-1 have some ventilations systems as well. Plus, everyone is going to be herding in some way, units with no filters will have to rush in and stay inside, units who can't handle it, again rush in, stay inside. Most likely though no one will do that because of gasmasks, but like I said. Citizens can contribute as much as we let them, if we do for example /event A loud clank is heard, as the vent in said building jams, it's up to the citizens to help handle it. Or something like that to show that they can tinker with some vents, or call for help.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 10:44:02 PM »
Immediately going out and saying "oh it's only going to be a cca focused event and all the citizens are gonna be put in the UCH or sumthin" is a very stupid response to put. An event shouldn't be shot down because of that reason. The CCA and the administration are the reason why that happens. There's plenty of ways to make that not happen, maybe something alongs the lines of, gee, I don't know, not hoarding them inside? Give them gasmasks, treat citizens/units, involve them in some form of cleanup, or just leave them be. Don't go all supercop and start rounding them up like cows, let them RP a bit. Sometimes you need to let logic break down a bit for RP to develop.

Oh, and not TPing later joiners and such to the UCH would also be a great start  :P

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Mr.Qman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 12:34:54 AM »
Give them gasmasks

I originally put that in with the event, but if felt a bit iffy since they might run off with one, but of course it'd be useless, and filters are limited.

Offline Vandal??¢

• :.())0_/\_0(().:
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 08:31:14 PM »
Give them gasmasks

I originally put that in with the event, but if felt a bit iffy since they might run off with one, but of course it'd be useless, and filters are limited.
Maybe make some shotty, cheap filters/gasmasks? They could have a very short battery life, a battery which can't be recharged or replaced, also making the masks/filters easy to replace and produce. It doesn't need to protect their eyes, maybe just their mouths and nose.
Wha- Me?! But Stross said we could destroy the Marker!
Not if we consume you first!
God dammit, I trusted you! FUCK YOU! AND FUCK YOUR MARKER!

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 05:55:28 AM »
I really don't like this event idea. It doesn't seem logical and it would be silly for the Union to give people gasmasks.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 06:55:56 AM »
I really don't like this event idea. It doesn't seem logical and it would be silly for the Union to give people gasmasks.
In agreement with this really, don't think it would work paticularly well as it will either be leave every cp in nexus and let them procrastinate while citizens rp some weird stuff, or heavy cp rp.
what

Offline Mr.Qman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 06:23:16 PM »
Yeah, there was a reason I left gasmasks out, probably should drop this since it's been a while and I really don't have a clear head on my first intentions.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal