Author Topic: Crashing upon joining Outlands.  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Crashing upon joining Outlands.
« on: March 10, 2013, 12:49:54 AM »
So I haven't played Outlands for a bit, so i decided to give it another try. I joined the server, and it takes about 10 minutes of connecting, until I get the error: "(Name) lost connection to Server." This is normal, because my computer and internet it shit. Anyways, I connect back again, and after about 3 minutes of connecting, GMOD closes out, and brings me back to my desktop. I have tried joining 3 times. I have tried: Restarting computer, restarting Steam, and restarting GMOD. Can someone please help on how I can fix this?

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Crashing upon joining Outlands.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 01:14:56 PM »
If your Garry's Mod crashes, there should be a minidump file generated in your Steam/dumps folder, with the date and time it happened in it's title. The file extension for minidumps is .mdmp. If you find one, upload it to http://dumps.metastruct.uk.to/ and mail it to Garry, post on Facepunch or something so they can help you. There's not much we can suggest else than getting a clean Garry's mod installation and trying again.

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:15:31 AM »
If your Garry's Mod crashes, there should be a minidump file generated in your Steam/dumps folder, with the date and time it happened in it's title. The file extension for minidumps is .mdmp. If you find one, upload it to http://dumps.metastruct.uk.to/ and mail it to Garry, post on Facepunch or something so they can help you. There's not much we can suggest else than getting a clean Garry's mod installation and trying again.

I've had similar things happen to me and doing that could work, but a solution that always works for me is this:

Delete EVERYTHING in your steam folder except: Steamapps, userdata, and steam.exe then restart steam

This may sound risky, but actually, all the folders you delete re-download when you restart steam, the folders you DON'T delete (the one's listed above) contain all of your data (games, saves, etc.) so it's worth a try. It helps me a lot when games don't work for me.
To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 06:37:00 AM »
what are your pc specs

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal